The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Allow Companions to wear Guild Tabards

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The way I see it, if I am a member of a guild and my Companion is by my side, they represent my guild as well. I'd love if they could display the tabard too.
Edited by SilverBride on October 30, 2022 8:24PM
PCNA
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like that idea!
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For simplicity, make it so they wear one whenever the player does. No extra UI needed to control it.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In this same update allow us to wear guild tabards on back please 🧡
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as the companion cannot display out titles they should be able to display our guild names.

Besides, guild tabards should be replaced by a means to select from a drop down which guild name we want to display, if we choose to do so.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A title is a personal accomplishment by the player. It is not the same thing as a tabard that shows fealty to a guild.
    PCNA
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aren't you the person who was against companions getting the option to wear a helmet and said "No because I want to quickly and easily recognize a companion from another player." as your reasoning? Wouldn't guild tabards be even worse?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because a tabard doesn't hide their face.
    PCNA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A title is a personal accomplishment by the player. It is not the same thing as a tabard that shows fealty to a guild.

That is a good comparison. Just as the player earns the accomplishment, the player is a member of the guild. The companions are not a member of a player guild as they are not a player.

• Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No because a tabard doesn't hide their face.

So you think guild tabards is any less confusing to tell if they're an NPC or not than a helmet covering it? Especially as Amottica said, they need to be in the guild in order to wear one. These aren't two sides of the same coin, they are the same side of the same coin.

Not that I'm opposed to the idea, but you seem to be against adding features that you in turn want. It would be more confusing to tell if someone was an NPC or not if companions could wear tabbards, than it would if they had helmets.
    Edited by Dr_Con on October 31, 2022 6:25AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread isn't about whether or not Companions should wear helmets. It's about tabards.
    PCNA
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they wore tabards it might make it too hard to recognise if they were players or companions, and I want to quickly and easily recognise a companion from another player, so, no thank you.
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it, if I am a member of a guild and my Companion is by my side, they represent my guild as well. I'd love if they could display the tabard too.

I disagree.

A companion may support you, but doesn't have to support your ideals. If you are of a religious faith and go door to door spreading the word, your companion may accompany you for support but does NOT have to support the faith themselves. Same with political canvasing or going to a concert.

I don't mind the idea of them wearing a tabard since it's all about you forcing them to do whatever you want with them having no say in the matter, but I don't like the idea that they are instantly your property to place advertising on how you see fit.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmnqwk wrote: »

I disagree.

A companion may support you, but doesn't have to support your ideals. If you are of a religious faith and go door to door spreading the word, your companion may accompany you for support but does NOT have to support the faith themselves. Same with political canvasing or going to a concert.

I don't mind the idea of them wearing a tabard since it's all about you forcing them to do whatever you want with them having no say in the matter, but I don't like the idea that they are instantly your property to place advertising on how you see fit.

This. Especially since some companions don't like when you do x thing which may correlate to something in your guild. Just my opinion though.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opalcity wrote: »
    If they wore tabards it might make it too hard to recognise if they were players or companions, and I want to quickly and easily recognise a companion from another player, so, no thank you.

They already wear the same outfits and costumes that players wear. It's their face and hair that make them quickly recognizable as who they are.
    PCNA