The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Big-bank Traders: how do you make the majority of your gold?

• whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Selling furniture and/or furniture plans
    I never flip. I sell what I acquire through normal play. Most of my gold comes from various types of recipes, although I did recently sell a few aetherial dust I had been hanging on to for years.
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    Primarily motifs and furnishing plans
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    Luxury Furnishing reseller here.
    Price of mats made creating furnishings prohibitive... on top of time consumption so I just resell.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    It's not any of those options so it's a secret :P

In all honesty though, time and patience is the greatest contributor to money making. I do a little bit of everything but I don't work very hard at it. My net value is a few hundred million and I've been playing only since 2019.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    I'm into a bit of everything really.

Basically in the past I've gone with what sells and tried to maintain investments as well. I know some folks will move anything for 1k here, 5k there and while there is a time and place for that (namely with motifs), however you want to try and remember that alot of gold goes into keeping these Kiosk rented every week for the Guilds and you're not going to make it on bread crumbs alone.

To some extent you need to really try and understand the different markets that interest you and need to be able to learn trends, sometimes watch for patterns, know what you're selling. Don't just throw it out there for the sake of filling a slot and checking a box. Know the value of the things you are selling, as if you wanted to buy them. If you don't know what its worth, take a second and breathe first, do your research then sell when you think the time is right.
    Edited by Vulkunne on November 1, 2022 6:46AM
    "Today victory is mine. Long live the Empire."
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling dungeon runs/achievments/gear/motifs (includes monster mask/shoulder pages )
    yordHRb.png

People thinking things like this are completely fine :smile:
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    ^^^ Not gonna quote it due to naming and shaming rules, but it looks like someone bought up all the underpriced Dragon's Blood and listed it at a higher price.

Not something I would spend my limited time on, but you just demonstrated Flipping 101.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • EchoesofThunder
    EchoesofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    I sell from 1 to 5 million per week. It is a mix of mats (mostly from surveys), and dropped gear/furnishings/motifs. I don't buy much, so when I get over 200m in the bank, I give a chunk to my guild.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »
    I can assure you, "Big Time Traders" left 25 million behind a long time ago.

Agreed. 9 Figures is the entry now for Big Time Traders. Wonder if anyone has a Billion or more?

Many people do.

That are not on the PTS?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yordHRb.png

This is a Gold Seller. Notice the price is just below 2M? That is supposed to hide the transactions from the filters.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling self-acquired mats - either from farming mats in the wild or farming mats from crafting writs
    $130 million in the bank with more than that in my craft bag.

The most important thing is to join a trade guild with a good position. You can get more money in Vivec cos the traders are close to all the crafters and bank etc. for example
  • Galadius
    Galadius
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    Mostly crafted gear. And certain things I am not privy to discuss.
    You wouldn't worry so much about what other people thought about you, if you knew how little they did. - ??
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    Nestor wrote: »
    yordHRb.png

This is a Gold Seller. Notice the price is just below 2M? That is supposed to hide the transactions from the filters.

Seems a rather curious way to sell gold, if the items being sold are close to retail value. I was always under the impression that gold buyers would list a potato or other inexpensive thing that no one else would buy for just under two million.

Edited by Jaraal on November 1, 2022 4:40PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • RichestGuyinEso
    RichestGuyinEso
    ✭✭✭
    Flipping (if you pick this, is there a certain category you flip the most? Gear? Motifs?)
    I mostly flip items to make my money. Its gold/h rate is BiS, only carry runs might exceed that. You need a lot experience tho to make it work, if you newly start with it it might be rough- thats similar to other things too tho (e.a. vDLC dungeons for motifs farm, Imperial City Telvar farm, carry runs etc.)

I flip basically everything which makes me significantly richer, having my niches tho. Might make a video on my channel at some point showing what I do exactly :)
    EU PC - Independent Trading Team (ITT) - Biggest Trading Alliance on server - great community and discord - join now!
    Just contact me ingame @RichestGuyinEso
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    zaria wrote: »
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    if your goal is to make tons of gold then i have one word of advice: Sell Everything.

the real trick is to learn which activities will make you the most gold/time invested
    Well this one has way more value in her crafting bag than in her bank.
    Kind of wild that Dreugh Wax sells for 18 K, has over 1000 of them, did not think about price once I saw that the pvp build worked.

The question was how to get gold. It wasn't about how to obtain wealth. The two are not always the same.

If the question was how do you maintain wealth in eso I would have said that the biggest ROI is a craft bag and dedicating a an hour or two each week to farming mats.

Selling crowns isn't building wealth as a player its a transfer of irl wealth for a video game currency that has little irl value.

• CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    Everything you listed except selling mats (I use it myself bc endgame is frickin expensive) and crowns (bc I'm not spending real life money for gold).
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain)
    picked other because i do multiple options

sell mats, motifs, furnishings, blueprints, outfit pages, gear (any that i can sell) that i have obtained and do not need (so not flipping)

so this would check at least 4 of your poll options lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014