The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Controls stop working after using wayshrine

StormBlade512
StormBlade512
✭✭✭
Sometimes when I wayshrine into a place, my controls stop working and I have to close the game and relog. I don't have the option of using a keyboard to reloadui. This is on PS5 EU for reference
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 13, 2022 4:58PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if you press the touchpad and options together, you get up the keyboard interface that allows you to /reloadui. Very annoying, but at least until its fixed you don't need to close and restart the game
    Soupy twist
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    This just happened to me right now on my xbox x. Yes, it's annoying, I agree.
    Xbox X- NA
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    if you press the touchpad and options together, you get up the keyboard interface that allows you to /reloadui. Very annoying, but at least until its fixed you don't need to close and restart the game

I'll try this next time, thanks!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If it was you who first posted this workaround, I greatly appreciate it.
    :)
    It’s interesting that neither the touchpad or Options button alone work in this case, but at the same time they do.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It’s interesting that neither the touchpad or Options button alone work in this case, but at the same time they do.

Thankyou :). I dont know why that combo works, I'm just happy it does! Its how I also get the chat up when playing tales of tribute if I havent bothered connecting my keyboard
    Soupy twist
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thankyou :). I dont know why that combo works, I'm just happy it does! Its how I also get the chat up when playing tales of tribute if I havent bothered connecting my keyboard

Wow, that’s good to know. I leave the keyboard plugged in all the time, glad I do - wouldn’t want a chat window causing a distraction during the card game.

EDIT: I misread that at first but it sounds like you want to bring up a chat window and I thought you were describing an annoying bug, lol
    Edited by katanagirl1 on October 15, 2022 4:49AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭

It worked! Thank God I was sick of closing the game and relogging
    Edited by StormBlade512 on October 15, 2022 1:10PM
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting this on PC, I use a controller but neither controller nor keyboard will work except walk
  • MarcusUK
    MarcusUK
    ✭✭
    TimeViewer wrote: »
    Getting this on PC, I use a controller but neither controller nor keyboard will work except walk

This bug still exists. All gamepad controls just stop working except walk. When you change to keyboard UI none of the mouse/action controls work on it either. Have to /reloadui - very unpredictable as to when it will happen, sometimes when using a wayshrine, from fast travelling to outside a home or from exiting an instance and being sent back to your former location.
    I'm 40+ and have been gaming since the 1980s and have owned machines like the ZX Spectrum, Atari ST, NES & PS1 - which involved loading 8/16-bit games off unreliable cassette tapes, floppy disks, CDs and giant cartridges with no "save game" ability - I don't like meta, I don't like memes, I don't like being rushed, I don't like the modern gaming industry - and you definitely won't change my mind just because it doesn't align with yours - it's a generational hazard!