The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The feast or famine approach to balancing is madness.

UnassumingNoob
UnassumingNoob
✭✭✭✭
Hi there!

I can’t quite understand your approach too balancing. So many things got broken in update 35, so many changes all over the board. Now update 36 rolls around and next too nothing is being done too fix some of the things that have been busted. I’m just going to give two examples.

1. Skills and too a lesser extent sets with empower. These are literally useless in a lot of situations now. Power budget is busted.

2. Hybridization is still jacked when it come too enchantments, potions etc.

I understand you received a lot of negative feedback for just how many sweeping changes you made over U35….

BUT PLEASE DONT LEAVE ALL THE BROKEN THINGS ALONE JUST SO YOU CAN SAY “WE ARE JUST TWEAKING NOW”.

It’s.
Stupid.

Please fix the things you broke.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi there!

I can’t quite understand your approach too balancing. So many things got broken in update 35, so many changes all over the board. Now update 36 rolls around and next too nothing is being done too fix some of the things that have been busted. I’m just going to give two examples.

1. Skills and too a lesser extent sets with empower. These are literally useless in a lot of situations now. Power budget is busted.

2. Hybridization is still jacked when it come too enchantments, potions etc.

I understand you received a lot of negative feedback for just how many sweeping changes you made over U35….

BUT PLEASE DONT LEAVE ALL THE BROKEN THINGS ALONE JUST SO YOU CAN SAY “WE ARE JUST TWEAKING NOW”.

It’s.
    Stupid.

Please fix the things you broke.

completely agree.
    Don't forget also the unfinished split between max stats and raw damage that majority of things scale off, but certain other things still do not that is severely punishing to certain classes and builds and limits the way many people want to play.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They finally have the game exactly how they want it. Why mess with perfection?

Take PvP for example. There is a huge variety of playstyles, all perfectly in balance. You can:

1. Be part of a ball group and run in optimized gear chosen for you to run in an optimized group while spamming your (hopefully) 2 favorite skills while you zerg down solo players and pugs in a keep. This is often referred to as "looking for other organized groups to fight"

2. Run in circles around a resource tower or keep while people chase you, wasting as much time as possible, but doing no actual damage or fighting. This is widely regarded as the absolute pinnacle of PvP, the coveted "1vX", considered by many to be the only true and correct way to PvP in ESO. Anyone who doesn't play this way is complete trash, as the 1vXers will happily inform you. This elite 1vX is often performed with others as a group.

3. Build an unkillable tank. With the correct combination of gear sets, buffs, and accessories, you can extremely skillfully hold down the right mouse button until you bore people into doing something else.

4. Join the 80 person faction stack and get farmed, trolled, and/or trash talked by any or all of the above.

This is what perfection looks like. People often complain about "lack of vision" - this IS the vision.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Take PvP for example. There is a huge variety of playstyles, all perfectly in balance. You can:

1. Be part of a ball group and run in optimized gear chosen for you to run in an optimized group while spamming your (hopefully) 2 favorite skills while you zerg down solo players and pugs in a keep. This is often referred to as "looking for other organized groups to fight"

2. Run in circles around a resource tower or keep while people chase you, wasting as much time as possible, but doing no actual damage or fighting. This is widely regarded as the absolute pinnacle of PvP, the coveted "1vX", considered by many to be the only true and correct way to PvP in ESO. Anyone who doesn't play this way is complete trash, as the 1vXers will happily inform you. This elite 1vX is often performed with others as a group.

3. Build an unkillable tank. With the correct combination of gear sets, buffs, and accessories, you can extremely skillfully hold down the right mouse button until you bore people into doing something else.

4. Join the 80 person faction stack and get farmed, trolled, and/or trash talked by any or all of the above.

This is what perfection looks like. People often complain about "lack of vision" - this IS the vision.

All of this.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can understand their hesitance to change stuff after the backlash from U35 but they are just going to screw over and *** off even more of their customers next year when they will inevitably need to address the very issues they created.

This greater plan of theirs is taking far too long to implement and is being painstakingly dripped out over many, many years at this point. A plan that has this many changes and takes this long to implement is not a real plan, it's stringing along your ESO+ customers by giving them false hopes.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's too late for requests like this. We all knew what this update was going to look like on week 1. ZOS doesn't usually add huge changes for things that weren't new to the update.

E.g. They've been willing to adjust Warden changes week to week, but none of the other classes because Warden was the only notable change from this update. I'm all for adjusting Sorcs and hybridization, but I came to terms with my disapointment for U36 a month ago.

Best to set your expectations correctly at this point. U36 is a wash in the claim that it's about bug fixes... except it has just as much as any other patch and no arena content for the 2nd year in a row. :D
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 11, 2022 8:10PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These patch notes would have been amazing if we got them instead of update 35.

It is beyond funny that they put the breaks on after they already crashed into the wall.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did an upper decker and sealed up the tank. Maybe it will just wash away after another 6 months
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahahahhaha OMG this post is perfection :D LOLed hard!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that U35 was a dumpster fire that screamed for massive changes. I was heartbroken when I saw the first round of patch notes for U36 in that all the serious of problems of U35 went almost untouched. I have learned the longstanding truism that despite lots of constructive feedback during the PTS cycle, the first draft of the patch notes will go live with negligible changes. So I was not surprised to see basically nothing in subsequent U36 patch notes during this cycle.

Traditionally, when a combat update trashes a class, I have been able to rest that class and log in on other classes/spec until the resting class gets untrashed in the normally circular balance nerf futility cycle. That has kept me from rage quitting. The damage from U35 has been so widespread that literally none of my characters of various class and specs (mostly mages and archers) are fun to play. I am quite sick of building characters on a foundation of shifting sands and watching my dps go down over the years. Who thought I was so close to the 'ceiling' that my dps of 25k had to be nerfed to 16k. Disclaimer: when I parse dps, it is versus an actual easy non-DLC WB or fairly easy non-DLC dungeon boss. All solo with only self-provided buffs. That said, my parses are pretty similar to what I get on a 3M dummy.

The dumpster fire of U35 continues to blaze unabated.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your first point doesn't even touch on the fact that the nerf to Empower has left the Mages guild passives with a huge damage deficit in PvP when compared to the Fighters guild passives.
    It's Mages with a bit longer duration on low damage per tick abilities and a boost of max magic equivalent to 160wd/sd if you start with 40K max mag (a pretty large number) and slot two guild abilities.
    Meanwhile slotting two FG abilities on a build with a base of 5000 wd/sd (a modest number) yields 300 wd/sd and every kill, including enemy NPC's, gives you 3 ultimate. It's also much more feasible to run two abilities from the FG skill line in PvP, Dawnbreaker is strong and reliable and Silver Shards is a strong AOE ranged spammable that gets a nice chunk of extra bonus damage against vamps and werewolves from another passive. Mages guild doesn't even have an ability that can be considered a spammable.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree ^^

Magicka anything is a distant 2nd to Stamina in PVP. Try to think of a single Magica ranged spammable that A) isnt dodged over 50%, and B ) does anything remotely like the damage of whirling blades or dizzy swing/executioner.

Is anyone in PVP running a single skill from the Mage’s Guild?

Edited by Caribou77 on November 6, 2022 6:49PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caribou77 wrote: »
    Agree ^^

Magicka anything is a distant 2nd to Stamina in PVP. Try to think of a single Magica ranged spammable that A) isnt dodged over 50%, and B ) does anything remotely like the damage of whirling blades or dizzy swing/executioner.

Is anyone in PVP running a single skill from the Mage’s Guild?

How do you go from Magicka to ranged? And why would ranged anything be better than melee counterpart? But melee spammmables, the mag NB spammmable might be favored. Templar radiant oppression is a bigger single target execute and from range. And meteor is pretty well used still.

Other than that; yes, mag seems down depending on how you slice the hybrids out.