The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Interesting Coincidence, and NOW, I want ZOS to do some ancient mystery, curse, tragedy ghost quests

Auldwulfe
Auldwulfe
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, I was wandering around High Isle, as I am a crafter, and recently was running a thing through my discord group where I was crafting sets for people, in the group, at "reasonable" costs... as in, an entire set of Order's Wrath, your choice of traits and armor type, and piece .. 5K, etc.
You would send me a mail, in game, and I took each order and built the set, and sent back COD -- worked great, I went from 13K rubedite ingots to 700 in a week -- I NEEDED to clear some of my mats out, and I made a LOT of people happy.

So, now am low on mats, which gives me the excuse to go harvesting.... I headed to High Isle to take advantage of the boosted nodes, since it DOES stack with my CP harvesting bonus, and I am working along the shoreline, and listening to some music on my playlist off my tablet, and this song comes on.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8NEsx9m58

And right at the line where they say "The seas be ours, and by the powers......"

That ghost ship appeared ... with the undead, etc.... and all at once I want ancient legends, etc.
Daedra are fine, but we have a WHOLE world, and a lot of Men and Mer, who have had influence.
Politics are great, but imagine an undead invasion, similar to the movie, the fog, hitting.. say Glenumbra
You could get ghost ships, or even rotting hulk ships rolling in anywhere on the coast, and a swarm of undead with a leader.... kind of like a world boss, or geiser... but they only come at night, and you get clues at each battle, that lead to delves, or new locations they can fill in, and finally to a small island offshore, where you end the invasion.
Yes, I know that a bunch of the stuff that came out with High Isle does already lean this way.... but it could be so much more... because we can use some existing legend in the game. Anhof was great... but what if we had a questline where a werewolf came back from the dead... due to a family curse, and the Fighter's Guild (you know, the one with a skill line that is all about undead and werewolves), is contracted to find an agent to deal with it.... and the quest takes you from the current start in say Stormhaven, through Rivenspire, to end in an ancient tragic act in Alik'r..... and you have to end the original curse, to free the descendants that now live in Stormhaven, after their family fled the curse, via Rivenspire.

Could they add instanced delve style locations.... it could be little more than an entrance added in a region that is an ancient temple where the wrong was done, etc.

Auldwulfe