The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Q4 Event Roadmap - No Imperial City (tel var) event this year?

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The roadmap for the remaining events this year has dropped, and it appears that the imperial city/double tel var event is nowhere to be found. This is one of the only three PVP related events we get per year, and with the PVP & performance related drama this past year it seems more crucial than ever as an incentive for PVP players to continue playing the game.

Should we be expecting this in early 2023? Could we please get some update as to whether there are intentions to hold this event sometime soon?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

ykyirs6nqzgw.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 30, 2022 2:40AM
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep i was also realy disappointed that it wasnt announced :'(
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »

Many of the pvp players that I know were banking on this event to determine whether they'd play through the end of this year, given the stale meta with nothing changing in u36.

Seems like really poor timing in general for zenimax to choose to cancel this event.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    StShoot wrote: »

Many of the pvp players that I know were banking on this event to determine whether they'd play through the end of this year, given the stale meta with nothing changing in u36.

Seems like really poor timing in general for zenimax to choose to cancel this event.

a problem that they are running into is that many of the periods in the year right now are taken up by the "given" holiday events (new life, jesters, witches, anniversary), and then mixing in all of these 1 off events (basically 1 event for every major dlc, new events such as the zenithar, other filler events such as the pvp one)

the tel var bonus event is usually mixed in with the pvp event, or the "year one" event (which itself was a merging of at least 3 events due to event bloat)

they have a really delicate balance between overloading the calendar (creating event fatigue), and they probably want to do enough events as a carrot to get people to login (the FOMO can be real for people lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I am aware there are 2 PvP events during the year - Whitestrake's Mayhem (previously called Midyear Mayhem). One is at the start of the year and the other is more or less in the middle.
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a 3rd PvP event this year. The weekend battleground events aren't bringing many extra players into PvP.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's kind of weird they haven't done that this year. This is the first year in a long while that IC PVP event hasn't happened.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I am aware there are 2 PvP events during the year - Whitestrake's Mayhem (previously called Midyear Mayhem). One is at the start of the year and the other is more or less in the middle.

No. There should be 3 PVP events. 2 WhiteStrake's Mayhem, and One Event that includes Imperial City. Some years it's only included IC, but they also did the year 1 event with Wrothgar and Craglorn too.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

I mean that is okay, but this really isn't the zenimax comment we're looking for on this topic.

Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin any insight on this?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if they're trying to slow down. I'm worried that something is happening at ZOS that is sucking up a great deal of time, in light of the fact that we also haven't been getting as many houses this year either.

It has me scared...I hope nothing bad has happened.
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    Damn.. was the only event i was looking forward to..
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    I'm wondering if they're trying to slow down. I'm worried that something is happening at ZOS that is sucking up a great deal of time, in light of the fact that we also haven't been getting as many houses this year either.

It has me scared...I hope nothing bad has happened.

Well, they DID promise us in January that they were going to rewrite the entire base code of the game to fix the performance and combat related issues this year. They projected it to take up "much of 2022".

While that might impact new content like you mentioned, I don't see how that impacts their ability to simply turn on an event that is already coded into the game and has been run many times before.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there should be a telvar event every year.

The IC celebration should be a staple event like Jubilee, Witches, etc., due to how big of a DLC it is and due to it having a currency connected to it.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The IC celebration should be a staple event like Jubilee, Witches, etc., due to how big of a DLC it is and due to it having a currency connected to it.

It's shameful that they would just push this event aside, especially with the current state of PVP and the fact that it has been four years since we had ANY pvp content release.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »

It's shameful that they would just push this event aside, especially with the current state of PVP and the fact that it has been four years since we had ANY pvp content release.

While I honestly never do this event and hate IC I very much agree. PVP is getting shafted pretty hard here..