The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vSO curated drops?

thenappinghamster
does anyone know why equipment drops in vet Sanctum Ophidia aren't curated properly?
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are but craglorm trials have 2 different loot tables. In vet one has a much higher chance (maybe 80%) to occure and the other has a much lower chance. Normal the chances are exchanged. But each loot table for itself is curated until you finish this specific loot table.

Maybe try another difficulty 😉
  • thenappinghamster
    hi, thanks for feedback, it seems to be "broken" on both difficulties. reminds me of the bug in curation when it was introduced, where it only worked for the 1st 1 or 2 players to loot the bosses.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my understanding of the crag trials is that they have 2 separate pools

pool 1 is the drops that drop specifically from that trial
    pool 2 is the drops that drop from any crag trial (and the collection menu makes it extremely unclear which is which, because i was always confused why it was dropping an item listed from SO when i ran AA lol)

when a loot drop is rolled, it randomly selects pool 1 or pool 2, and then curates from there

if you say already had all of the items in pool 1, and it picks pool 1, thats what it would curate from without even looking at pool 2

honestly i think it just confuses everyone and makes getting the right drops more difficult and they should combine pool 1 and pool 2 into a single drop pool, or actually go off of what is in the collection menu

as an example ive completed the vicious serpent set even though i barely run SO (where the set is listed in the collection menu), but this is one of the sets that can drop from any crag trial, so i got a majority of the drops from this set from AA or HRC

they need to go through and change the drops so that the trial drops match what is in the collection menu
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly but the chances for the pools differ by difficulty. The pool with the minor slayer sets is more highly probable on vet than on normal and the pool without minor slayer is much more probable in normal than in vet.