Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tales of Tribute Massive Ranking Bug

Trenia
Trenia
✭✭✭
I am playing Tales of Tribute and getting 0 points for winning games, and then I am losing 1000 ranking in 1 game. I have uploaded a video that shows this in its entirety. I didn't want to edit it, so just skip from the start that shows my ranking of 11 and my % on leaderboards to the end (15:20). This is extremely disheartening. I have lost 1000 ranking four times since the release for a single game, and I am getting zero points for winning. I do not leave games. This should not be happening.

https://youtu.be/PUiMYYNn_no
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 1, 2022 3:08AM
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Even since posting this I have yet again lost a single game dropping my total points from 1100 to 1. What is the point of playing if this happens?
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trenia wrote: »
    I am playing Tales of Tribute and getting 0 points for winning games, and then I am losing 1000 ranking in 1 game. I have uploaded a video that shows this in its entirety. I didn't want to edit it, so just skip from the start that shows my ranking of 11 and my % on leaderboards to the end (15:20). This is extremely disheartening. I have lost 1000 ranking four times since the release for a single game, and I am getting zero points for winning. I do not leave games. This should not be happening.

I posted the same/similar issue the other day, the only official response was to move the thread to the Tales of Tribute forum, where it promptly died as no-one looks there.

No official response as yet

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/609452/not-getting-rank-points-for-wins-against-npcs-tales-of-tribute
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be fixed ASAP. Glad I did not started this new "feature" yet but eventually I may do it just for the achievements. Hopefully they address it right now instead of trying to hide the fact that is not working at all and making the player base frustrated.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

I posted the same/similar issue the other day, the only official response was to move the thread to the Tales of Tribute forum, where it promptly died as no-one looks there.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/609452/not-getting-rank-points-for-wins-against-npcs-tales-of-tribute

This ranking is referring to competitive. Not the NPC ranking.
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    losing a single game should be rectifiable by winning 1 or 2 games. not winning 500 games. -1k points is far too much for a single game
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there been any replies to issues since High Isle launched? ToT leaderboard has major issues (or is this intended??), player concerns regarding certain decks, High Isle world boss daily bugs, anything regarding Oakensoul, etc.

I gave ToT a fair chance but I‘m disheartened by the Leaderboard scoring issues.I’m going to finish off my achievements and be done with it.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

This ranking is referring to competitive. Not the NPC ranking.

I am aware, which is why I said similar issue - I suspect the loss/non addition of points in each is linked.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • mtbikernate
    mtbikernate
    ✭✭
    I had a problem doing a ToT daily quest recently (first one I had attempted, as I had been on vacation right after High Isle release). Objective was just to win 1 match. I don't think the group finder pairing is very even to start with. I kept getting paired with players much better than me, and kept getting annihilated. But I finally got a match I was winning. Other player dropped out, and the game recorded the win enough for me to get victory rewards. But It didn't trigger the quest completion. Had to get my ass handed to me several more times by poorly matched opponents before I was able to win another one.

Honestly, junk like that makes it pretty uninteresting and not fun.

Novice NPCs are too easy, and don't let you rank up fast enough. But group finder isn't very good at matching you evenly. Maybe it's because everybody else has a few weeks' head start on me?

At any rate, I'm not sure I even want to try getting the achievements for it.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Has there been any replies to issues since High Isle launched? ToT leaderboard has major issues (or is this intended??), player concerns regarding certain decks, High Isle world boss daily bugs, anything regarding Oakensoul, etc.

I gave ToT a fair chance but I‘m disheartened by the Leaderboard scoring issues.I’m going to finish off my achievements and be done with it.

Yeah. Once I finish these achievements I am done.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    I am still playing against people in the top 20 at rank 300 now. I am causing them to lose 500 to 1000 per game.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still playing against people in the top 20 at rank 300 now. I am causing them to lose 500 to 1000 per game.
    Lol, insanity. I’m in the same boat btw, just finishing off the 100 Ranked games played and 30 dailies achievements at the same time.
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought my 320 ish points lost in one game was bad. Omg bruh.....
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/V_-VhzaA20Y

I crawled back up getting 80 ranking a game to lose a game and lose 600 rating from a single loss. This system is broken.
    Edited by Trenia on June 30, 2022 7:15PM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp... Thought about getting into PVP ToT, but I'm not touching it if it's that broken
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Rouz
    Rouz
    ✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »
    Welp... Thought about getting into PVP ToT, but I'm not touching it if it's that broken

It's not so much broken. It's just dead. The things you're seeing with this is a result of not enough people queuing up for ranked. I'm in the same boat as others have said. On multiple occasions I've fought people in the top 50 positions when i'm rank 200+. It's also funny when I get tired of this, queue for unranked, then fight the top players in there too. The issue is that everyone on the leaderboards (or rather most) knows that the game is heavily based on RNG. There's not much there to give you control. Many have lost battles thanks to bad RNG and not actually being able to enact a strategy fast enough to fight off a meta card. So people get in a position they like, then they sit. I was doing that for awhile just to see how long it lasted till today when I just started playing a bunch cause yolo. I was about in the same position (usually fluctuated 3-4 positions) for I think 2 days straight.

They just screwed up on a multitude of issues. Leaderboard integrity is in a bad spot. Meta is in a bad spot. Neutral card design/tavern design is in a bad spot. I really hope they got a patch setup for next week now that the season is over.
  • kmfdm
    kmfdm
    ✭✭✭
    Rouz wrote: »
    On multiple occasions I've fought people in the top 50 positions when i'm rank 200+. It's also funny when I get tired of this, queue for unranked, then fight the top players in there too. The issue is that everyone on the leaderboards (or rather most) knows that the game is heavily based on RNG. There's not much there to give you control. Many have lost battles thanks to bad RNG and not actually being able to enact a strategy fast enough to fight off a meta card. So people get in a position they like, then they sit....

Thats not true. While yes, a few extremely bad draws happened to me, when I just couldnt do anything, and my opponents kept drawing armory and midnight raids, most of the times, this is not the case. Over the season, I dropped from top 10 about twenty times, and I always managed to get back, its not just luck. Sure, under the worst circumstances, you can lose with anyone, but it is like poker, in the long-run, if you play enough games, the RND disappears. But I agree, the game needs some re-balancing. Especially, the lack of +power cards in majority of patrons.
    Edited by kmfdm on July 1, 2022 5:43AM
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still, it should be fixed.
    This is not possible Magnus Carlsen's ELO drops from 2864 downto 1500 after his single loss.
    In my understanding the entire ranking system should be re-done.
    Good that @kmfdm has mentioned poker. There are Global Poker Index points and they evaluate players ranks rather smooth, without a rollercoaster effects we experience in ToT rankings (and as i had mentioned the ELO - it is for chess (the game, which does not depend on random numbers)).
    PC EU
  • kmfdm
    kmfdm
    ✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    Still, it should be fixed.
    This is not possible Magnus Carlsen's ELO drops from 2864 downto 1500 after his single loss.
    In my understanding the entire ranking system should be re-done.
    Good that @kmfdm has mentioned poker. There are Global Poker Index points and they evaluate players ranks rather smooth, without a rollercoaster effects we experience in ToT rankings (and as i had mentioned the ELO - it is for chess (the game, which does not depend on random numbers)).

Yes, it happened to me many times, especially at the beginning of the season, when I lost even more than 1K points with a single loss, and I also started a thread here and posted it multiple times, that it shouldnt work like that. They could adopt ELO system instead and inflate the K-factor if they want to make every win or loss go up and down by 50 or 100 or whatever up to maximum of a few hundred at worst, but it should never, under any circumstances, go down by 1000 or even 500 (chess is capped at 25 I think due to the intrinsic nature of the system based on the K-factor, which can be adjusted to increase/decrease the sensitivity of the system)
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    I am expecting silence from ZOS. Which is extremely disappointing.
  • Klingenlied
    Klingenlied
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be the same for console kinda. Well, I have yet to get a loss, but the issues I experienced until now are .. manifold :3

To start: I started with Tales of Tribute after I did play through the most of the expansion stuff, thus only have had a like 3 days to get into the higher tiers. Guess I never made it.

Anyway, by now I kinda got the hang of it. After reset, I did not loose a single game. That did land me on #16 EU with like 180'ish points or so. After that I continued on my winning streak. Every win did just give me a single point. Now people pass by me left and right, already did fall to 20 despite not having lost yet.

Thing is: I very much do understand that a big part of me winning a lot of those games is just luck or at times a bad decision by my opponent. When both players do understand how the game works, it pretty much is just a rng simulator. Not that I am complaining though. It is what it is.

Now of course, what might have happened is that the game does evaluate my ELO extremely high. However, due to not being able to earn points, I am stuck at the back of the ladder? I should be at 196 points now, but the #1 is at 1488. Am I really supposed to win more then 1200'ish games without loosing a single one to catch up? How messed up is this!

Finally, kinda what might be of the most importance in the long run.
    Something that is as bugged as Ranked right now in ToT, likely won't have a long lifespan. And one it is dead, it will stay dead. I do not think that it is that bad on console yet, guess there we might have some weeks still until the majority of players will move away for good. On PC? I dunno.
    But fixing this is of essence. We got another chapter with a hella a lot of bugs. And I complain because I love the game. So please devs, show us you love it too and give it your best efforts to fix what needs fixing.
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you think Zenimax will fix this? I had the same problem today when I hit rubedite. unknown.png
  • Rooatouille
    Rooatouille
    ✭✭
    Do you think Zenimax will fix this? I had the same problem today when I hit rubedite. unknown.png

A fix is already included in the most recent PTS iterations, after next patch point gain/loss for competitive will be capped at 150 points.