Dungeonfinder is still broken.

Einar_Hrafnarsson
Einar_Hrafnarsson
✭✭✭✭
Today my wife and i wasted 2 Hours , (yesterday 1,5 Hours) trying to do our pledges. We used the specific dungeon finder tool wich just didnt get us any invites.
We tried different role combos from Tank/heal to dps/dps and we just didnt get invite. We also tried leaving group and relogging often resulting being stuck in the queue and unable to leave it or being stuck in a unleavable group after leaving the group. Restarting or relogging also did not help. Funnily enough, when we queue for Random VET dungeon we get instant invite.

Is the PvE now just as bugged as the PvP? Can we expect any fixes to this in a reasonable time frame?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 31, 2022 1:53AM
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    yes i think eu,., people don't play that much anymore.. and people have gone to na..
    so yep and some gone to eu from na because more shuss over there lol.. as in they like it because there less people when they on lol..
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had only minor issues finding a group over the last week (and more). I generally only solo queue as a healer if I don't have a full group. For example, I queued with a friend who was a healer and I went DD. They queued and we waited several minutes. She decided to pass lead and I queued and it popped instantly; that's not a first, either, and I don't think it's a coincidence. The one major issue I have had since the last patch is where I, or members of the group, don't get ported into the dungeon, and where members of the group show as offline to everyone else in the group list. Those who didn't get ported in must manually port in and cannot port to one of the members inside the dungeon.

I'll be honest, I don't believe it has much to do with where the populations are going. I think it has more to do with the group finder simply being borked. It has been for years and, sadly, nothing ZOS has done has really improved it for any decent amount of time (most fixes seem short term at best).

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had the same issues with specific queuing normals. I don’t do vet dungeons because I’m a pansy, so no experience specific queueing for those.

But yes, a lot of the time I just give up after an hour or so of waiting because specific queuing will never find me a group.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today my wife and i wasted 2 Hours , (yesterday 1,5 Hours) trying to do our pledges. We used the specific dungeon finder tool wich just didnt get us any invites.
    We tried different role combos from Tank/heal to dps/dps and we just didnt get invite. We also tried leaving group and relogging often resulting being stuck in the queue and unable to leave it or being stuck in a unleavable group after leaving the group. Restarting or relogging also did not help. Funnily enough, when we queue for Random VET dungeon we get instant invite.

Is the PvE now just as bugged as the PvP? Can we expect any fixes to this in a reasonable time frame?

It would be hard to say for sure that this is a bug. It might be, but it's also possible that specific dungeon simply didn't have anyone else interested. In theory, specific dungeons should backfill with players looking to do randoms, but there also may have been a large amount of specific dungeons to fill without the proper amount of fills.

Of course it could also be a bug. There are still plenty of bugs with group finder. I just don't think the facts provided here automatically lead to the conclusion that there is a bug present with the group filling aspect.
    Edited by redspecter23 on May 30, 2022 4:34PM
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭

It would be hard to say for sure that this is a bug. It might be, but it's also possible that specific dungeon simply didn't have anyone else interested. In theory, specific dungeons should backfill with players looking to do randoms, but there also may have been a large amount of specific dungeons to fill without the proper amount of fills.

Of course it could also be a bug. There are still plenty of bugs with group finder. I just don't think the facts provided here automatically lead to the conclusion that there is a bug present with the group filling aspect.

Well we tried to do the daily pledges so naturally there should be a bigger interest in those specific dungeons.
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In EU there is a workaround in case you search with tank and dd, heal and dd or heal, tank AND DD, just let the dd start the queue, otherwise it won't work here also.
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3302CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, seeing this too in PCNA. It's gotten to the point where I'm going to avoid joining a queue with another person, it seems much more effective to not party at all.

Now I can understand a couple being more difficult to apportion into a group than a single person, but not comparatively 20 seconds alone or over an hour as a pair .. that just seems to suggest something else broken with the system , on top of the other bugs.
    Edited by Maythor on May 30, 2022 6:49PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also been having issues queuing for specific normals - I’ve been running the DLC pledges on normal as a solo Healer and frequently have long waits. And if someone drops we can be 1/2 - 3/4ths of the way through the dungeon before we get a replacement.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I solo queue as tank, I get instant pop. But when I queue with friend who's dps then we wait forever. Wtf. I'm still a tank tho, I don't get it.

Also when doing dungeon and someone leaves/gets kicked, then group finder rarely finds replacements. Especially weird when it's the pledge and we are missing a dps. Queue is full of dps during primetime but we are not getting anyone.
    Something is borked with group queuing.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    Also when doing dungeon and someone leaves/gets kicked, then group finder rarely finds replacements. Especially weird when it's the pledge and we are missing a dps. Queue is full of dps during primetime but we are not getting anyone.
    Something is borked with group queuing.

This I have seen on a regular basis (PC NA) for a couple of months. I've had to complete runs as a 3 or even 2 man run while the group finder fails to fill slots.

I don't queue as a duo much so I haven't seen that one for myself.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Einar_Hrafnarsson;d-606301"]Today my wife and i wasted 2 Hours , (yesterday 1,5 Hours) trying to do our pledges. We used the specific dungeon finder tool wich just didnt get us any invites.

Is the PvE now just as bugged as the PvP? Can we expect any fixes to this in a reasonable time frame? [/quote]

Yeah, it's working :) Nobody was queueing in for that specific dungeon you and your wife was wanting to do. I suggest finding an active pve guild so you can ask the guild for help doing your pledges.
    Edited by RaikaNA on May 30, 2022 11:15PM
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For EU, that sounds like a dead queue meaning people really aren't running dungeons. I have seen this on NA during certain times of day. It's why I began switching to tanks. Seems like in NA at least, Tank run the queue. Since I do mostly dungeons I have set up most of my toons to tank. Otherwise, it seems like it's dead.

Also, I have noticed that if someone leaves the dungeon, I don't think the queue responds appropriately. Same if someone declines. When someone declines, it seems to take a while to sort it out. So now I leave the queue and then go back in, but I can do that as a tank. I can't imagine what it is like for DDs. And when I leave the queue and come back after that decline that doesn't seem to have the queue move to the next attempt, I get a dungeon instantly for the most part. But if I was waiting on it, god knows how long it would take if I hadn't left the queue to do what seems like restarting it.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a tank character, dungeon finder looks like fixed already in PC-NA server.
    But, launch queue by only DPS character, random dungeon never match.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2022/06/31
    Yesterday, I launched random dungeon match tool by tank character in PC-NA server.
    But most of matching waiting time was within 10sec or instant.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am suspicious that the group finder was programmed poorly.

My suspicion would be that the queue system works by giving the first person or group in a queue priority and refuses to fill a group unless it involves them in some manner.

Picture, if you will, the following order:
    2 DD queuing for an RND
    1 tank and 1 DD queuing to do a pledge
    1 DD and 1 healer queuing for an RND
    1 healer queuing for an RND
    1 tank queuing for an RND, but has 1 of the 2 DD's ignored
    1 tank queuing for a pledge

In the above scenario - the 2 DD are preventing anyone else from forming a group because, the game doesn't check if anyone else can form a group, it assigns the 2 DD, the healer and the tank with 1 of them on ignore to the group, but it cannot fire... so it causes an error that prevents it from going ahead. Because it only checks for that, it blatantly ignores the fact the 1 tank/1 DD and 1 DD/1 heal could be formed into a group successfully. It also ignores the fact the tank has the 2 DD ignored but assigned them to the group, therefore refusing to skip that and move on to the final tank queuing solo.

This is a simplification of the potential issues, but is definitely contributing to the issue and, without someone analysing the code to figure out where the poor error is I don't think these issues will ever be fixed.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 NA group finder works fine .

But I took about 35 mins to find a group yesterday when I que as DPS at non peak hour :)
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sheesh... OP is not talking about the group finder being broken altogether. It currently works fine for solo queuing as any role with tanks getting instant groups, healers getting them within 1 minute and DD in my experience (PC NA) typically within 10 minutes.

These times can fluctuate during busy/dead server times or when you queue for a small subset of all possible dungeons just how they always have.

What they're talking about is queuing as 2 or 3 man groups where it seems to take forever even if it's a tank + healer in the group. Filling the group to 4 and then queing for a random also works just fine with an instant pop.

It's the 2-3 person pre-made group matchmaking that seems to be currently messed up by some bug. And this is also why we're seeing the same incredibly long times to find a replacement mid-run when 1 or 2 people leave because that is the same problem with 2 or 3 people trying to fill a group.

As I said above I never experience the 2-3 person queue before a run bug because I just never queue that way myself - it's always solo or as a 4-player premade. But I have definitely been experiencing the no replacement mid run manifestation of the bug even when the role we're tryin to replace is DD during server prime time hours when we know for a fact that there are tons of DD queued.

I even made a thread myself a couple of weeks back about this replacement problem with most replies in that thread also being about irrelevant grouping things such as slow off server times, queuing for just 2 or 3 dungeons or solo queues for tanks being just dandy.
    Edited by Iselin on May 31, 2022 1:26AM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh gotcha , sorry about that , I'm a lonely wolf :'(
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Bug Reports section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    I run 18+ randoms per day and even in a full pre-made group it's still buggy.
    Sometimes 1, 2 or even 3 players won't port in and have to manually travel to the dungeon.
    When you leave to re-group you get a broken group which can show you with toons that you were with hours ago. To get around this I've found you just travel to a different zone lol. Sometimes the dungeon pops and no one travels nor does it start.
    Both NA and EU [pc]

I can't imagine trying to do this as a solo player. Some days it's just to much extra effort trying to manage an automated system that should work.
    I feel bad for you guys especially a husband and wife team just trying to get some pledges done. Other than what's already been suggested [pve guild] I'm not sure other than asking for specific roles in zone chat what else you can do.

Good hunting.

• Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned, running solo as a Tank/Healer usually gets invite pretty fast for random VET or normal.

The problem begins when you have 2 or 3 people groups and wanna do specific vets/normal dungeons. Even when it is pledge of the day. It can literally take hours, if it opens at all, even if you got Tank and Heal in your group.
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    When I solo queue as tank, I get instant pop. But when I queue with friend who's dps then we wait forever. Wtf. I'm still a tank tho, I don't get it.
    It's been like that for a while. I used to do random normal dungeons a lot as tank, and I often got a friend or a guildie to tag along since I used to get the dungeon instantly.

But at some point (definitely not recent on PC-EU), queue time became very abnormal for 2-3 person groups, even if a tank + healer present. Maybe a bug with matchmaking logic. So now I only queue solo or with full groups.
    Edited by LashanW on May 31, 2022 9:54AM
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today again 38 Minutes in the queue for daily pledges with 2 people in the group. (1healer 1DPS)

We just gonna pass now, this is rediculous.
    Edited by Einar_Hrafnarsson on June 1, 2022 1:27PM
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon finder stayed broken since they added ready check back in 2016/17. Just another example of clueless zos non-technical people giving impractical requirements to devs.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed the problem on PC na. It happens with duo groups. I was a tank and DPS in queue for 10 mins.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin is this problem being looked at because with high isle coming it would suck for new players who don't understand why queue isn't working with their friend.
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin is this problem being looked at because with high isle coming it would suck for new players who don't understand why queue isn't working with their friend.

Exactly this. It makes the Game feel dead when you have queue times over 30 minutes with a Tank in a duo-group.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres alot of groups Q'n for specific dungeons latly for style pages etc..If you were Q'n for something else specific it might be harder to find people but when you Q'd for random you filled theyre group instantly. Its working as intended I think theres just a lack of random Q'ers atm.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been working well on PC NA. I use it every day for randoms and pledges. No issues so far. Hope it gets fixed for your server soon!
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think theres alot of disatisfacton with the group finder for a few months now.. theres clearly seperate groups that either want todo FG1 all day OR the new tougher more fun stuff. People IMO are now Q'n for specific dungeons they want which makes it harder to fill them vs the random Q which fills groups quickly or would if there was more than 1 person in the random Q :)
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on June 5, 2022 1:33PM