The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would Bahraha's Curse be good for a Mage Necromancer?

Mr_Madness
Mr_Madness
✭✭✭
Just curious since love the effect it does and looks awesome with my necro but from what I read the damage is based on Health so unsure if this is a good set for mages or its just used by tanks sadly.

If it is for tanks I am gonna be very sad, set looks awesome and I do love the visuals and effect.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is wondering about visuals here is a quick video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDfj5rnMjHw
    Edited by Mr_Madness on May 26, 2022 6:32AM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is it about that set that you find attractive for a magicka Necro build? The heal off damage from the 5-piece proc?

I mean that set is heavily biased toward tank builds with the the 2-4 piece resource spread.

If you're looking for heals off damage done the Pale Order ring would be much better than that set at providing a reliable steady stream of self heals, and If you want something that is more group friendly there is the Withered Hand set that is very easy to get in Alkhir with the 24/7 dolmen groups there and is made for Magicka DPS builds.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    What is it about that set that you find attractive for a magicka Necro build? The heal off damage from the 5-piece proc?

I mean that set is heavily biased toward tank builds with the the 2-4 piece resource spread.

If you're looking for heals off damage done the Pale Order ring would be much better than that set at providing a reliable steady stream of self heals, and If you want something that is more group friendly there is the Withered Hand set that is very easy to get in Alkhir with the 24/7 dolmen groups there and is made for Magicka DPS builds.

Overwhelming Surge w/ Withered Hand is quite nice for sustain/survivability... most people won't bother with such now due to high dps expectations, but for for overland questing and base game dungeons it's not a bad combo and easy to get.

As for Bahrahas Curse, never could get a full set of it to have a play with back when it might have useful to me. Guildy managed to, and paired it with another similiar sort of set for their tank and yeh, he just wouldn't go down, lol.

These sort of sets can be really fun if you like to run through group content by yourself and take your time.
    If you want to do it quickly, there are easier routes if you can be asked to learn to get your dps high enough.
    I cba, and been in game since start. It is more fun for me personally to not go around one-shotting everything; that is just not my thing, and possibly why I refuse to dummy-hump on a daily basis to gg.
    Edited by Coatmagic on May 26, 2022 9:55AM
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭

Mostly the visual effects and the regain health at the end. It's the same visual that Liches use against players.
    Coatmagic wrote: »

Overwhelming Surge w/ Withered Hand is quite nice for sustain/survivability... most people won't bother with such now due to high dps expectations, but for for overland questing and base game dungeons it's not a bad combo and easy to get.

As for Bahrahas Curse, never could get a full set of it to have a play with back when it might have useful to me. Guildy managed to, and paired it with another similiar sort of set for their tank and yeh, he just wouldn't go down, lol.

These sort of sets can be really fun if you like to run through group content by yourself and take your time.
    If you want to do it quickly, there are easier routes if you can be asked to learn to get your dps high enough.
    I cba, and been in game since start. It is more fun for me personally to not go around one-shotting everything; that is just not my thing, and possibly why I refuse to dummy-hump on a daily basis to gg.

Ah, well I might as well give it a try since Light sets can be farmed from Overland but not the other ones.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    before the procs cant proc other proc changes, you used to be able to run both leeching plate and bahraha curse

leeching proc when you take dmg, and leeching would then proc bahraha, so you would have 2 nearly permanent aoes that healed you when dealing dmg, essentially the ultimate "im going to afk in this mob" build

bahraha curse is nice if you need some survivability or want it for the visual theme, the 2-4 pc bonus are more generic (i think max mag/stam/hp with an additional random bonus to take less dmg from guards)

leeching plate is definitely geared more for a tank in terms of the 2-4 pc bonus
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you used to be able to run both leeching plate and bahraha curse

I run Leeching on body and Bahraha's on back bar with either a lightning or frost staff. Buffs and blockade on back bar. It's a hell of a selfish build, but that tank will not die if there's a couple of enemies to damage with the two AOEs. Build CP into penetration, poison, AOEs etc. More damage going out means more heals coming in.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    you used to be able to run both leeching plate and bahraha curse

I run Leeching on body and Bahraha's on back bar with either a lightning or frost staff. Buffs and blockade on back bar. It's a hell of a selfish build, but that tank will not die if there's a couple of enemies to damage with the two AOEs. Build CP into penetration, poison, AOEs etc. More damage going out means more heals coming in.

i never meant you couldnt run both together still, its just not "easy mode" like it used to be where leeching would proc bahraha so they would always be stacked lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i never meant you couldnt run both together still, its just not "easy mode" like it used to be where leeching would proc bahraha so they would always be stacked lol

I gotcha. If you use a destro on back bar, it's still pretty easy to proc Bahraha's as well. I just wish that you can determine where Leeching proc'd because it always seem to pop up somewhere away from the group and then I have to drop enemies into the AOE.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

I gotcha. If you use a destro on back bar, it's still pretty easy to proc Bahraha's as well. I just wish that you can determine where Leeching proc'd because it always seem to pop up somewhere away from the group and then I have to drop enemies into the AOE.

leeching procs under the enemy that attacked you when it was off cooldown, not great for enemies that move around a lot, and could trigger on that 1 random ranged enemy instead of the group of melee guys on top of you
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Madness wrote: »
    Mostly the visual effects and the regain health at the end. It's the same visual that Liches use against players.

If you like lich effects you need to get the Nerien'eth monster set. It procs the anchored crystal that they like to cast.

Edited by Jaraal on May 26, 2022 7:54PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

If you like lich effects you need to get the Nerien'eth monster set. It procs the anchored crystal that they like to cast.

It's also a very reliable +damage set especially if you play in the mob's face. It's what I use with my jabby-jabby Magicka Templar.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I run both on my vampire nightblade. Good for overland and normal content.