The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why is something as simple resetting Vateshran or VMA so annoying and unpredictable?

Selminus
Selminus
✭✭✭✭
They tell you the quest is the save game, but it's not. There's no indicator anywhere of a dungeon resetting and you basically have to operate on superstition. Do you think the devs could join the rest of us in 2022? And while they're at it fix the leftover bugs from when every dungeon didn't work at all?

Players left out on port
Players ported in with group but get leave now timer and forced out
Players ported into last instance after resets for tri runs etc

How many years have MMOs had functioning dungeon qeue systems? 15? 20? Come on man
Edited by Selminus on May 26, 2022 3:34AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a Reset Instance button.
    All this would do is kick everyone out of the old instance and port everyone into new instance. Works solo or grouped.
    Currently we have to:
    • Disband/Regroup/Port in
    • Port out/Swap to Norm/Swap to Vet/Port in
    • Solo.... port out. Wait 10-15min. Hope it reset

The hardest achievement in a lot of content are the trifectas which comes down to a successful no-death, so resetting instance is frequent. Group Finder has lots of bugs still though so I can’t imagine we will get this anytime soon :/
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    We need a Reset Instance button.
    All this would do is kick everyone out of the old instance and port everyone into new instance. Works solo or grouped.
    Currently we have to:
    • Disband/Regroup/Port in
    • Port out/Swap to Norm/Swap to Vet/Port in
    • Solo.... port out. Wait 10-15min. Hope it reset

The hardest achievement in a lot of content are the trifectas which comes down to a successful no-death, so resetting instance is frequent. Group Finder has lots of bugs still though so I can’t imagine we will get this anytime soon :/

Yes we need this.
    When trying an achievement like no death, we should have a way to simply reset it.

I can understand the devs who do not want people spamming new sessions, flooding the server. But when you're playing into an arena more than 10min you should be able to instant reset if you fail your nodeath. I can understand people who die at first arena may have a delay however
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This typically works for me:
    Drop quest. Leave instance. Log out and into another character. Do daily writs or something (usually <5 minutes). Log out and back to arena character.
    I'm not sure if logging out forces an instance reset, or if it just imposes enough mandatory time via loading screens for the instance to time out.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like an instant reset too, it's not really haphazard, but it can get a bit annoying when you need to reset for score runs etc. If you have the quest and you leave say in round 3 of stage 6, then when you go back you start from round 1 in stage 6. If you leave and you don't have the quest, the arena will reset and will start from stage 1. If you finish the arena or just want to leave the arena mid-completion without having the quest, and you want to do another run, you have to exit, toggle group mode and wait 5 minutes. Same thing for finishing the arena when having the quest and submitting it. Finally if you finish the arena with the quest and you don't submit it and it's still in your quest log, the next time you enter, the arena is not reset because you hadn't submitted the quest, so you still have to talk to the NPC. It's not haphazard though writing it out does seem like a lot :sweat_smile:
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    This typically works for me:
    Drop quest. Leave instance. Log out and into another character. Do daily writs or something (usually <5 minutes). Log out and back to arena character.
    I'm not sure if logging out forces an instance reset, or if it just imposes enough mandatory time via loading screens for the instance to time out.

from what ive read changing characters does not reset the timer, between your load screens and the 5 min activity your doing, is enough time for the instance to reset though (its approx 5-10 min but feels like 20 when your waiting for it)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014