The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

DK nerf - am I the only one that don't like weak spot DKs were given?

divnyi
divnyi
✭✭✭✭✭
Combustion: This passive now has a cooldown of 3 seconds, up from .5 seconds.

Right, sure, this will significantly reduce 2x charged DKs strength. Going from average proc in 1-2s to average proc in 1-2s+3s wait, resulting in ~270/s average, on par with templar Rune Focus morphs, which doesn't even need to hit anything. This is big.

But, am I the only one who has a feeling that hitting sustain wasn't the right direction?

Someone else mentioned on the forum the idea, that basically resolved around "DK should be slow, but strong".
Sure DKs aren't slow now. Every class can just use use psijic skill, x3 swift and the likes, and flies around at ultrasonic speeds.

What if combustion had small debuff of movement speed, -5% / level? It would be interesting choice in PvP, while also no-brainer in PvE.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You've been affected by a Patented "Zos Sledgehammer Nerf", Confusion and General Disorientation is normal. Please use this next patch as a time of healing to recenter yourself before the next strike in the opposite direction, Thank You.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players: mDK is too strong. It needs a nerf!
    ZoS: nerfs DK
    Players: ::surprised Pikachu face::
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, for one, if they are going to hit us with all these nerfs this pts cycle then they should revert the engulfing flames change. It was kind of a silly nerf anyway, when the real problem was our sustain and self healing abilities.

• Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bon Ap. Enjoy the nerf.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm interested on how it will actually feel, I think DKs were too strong, Hit too hard, Took no damage, and healed too much. If this balances it out without DKs getting put in the Dumpster Again, that's fine in my book.

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are acting like mDK isn't miles above every other class in PVP. This nerf hits one aspect of mDK that made it strong, while leaving the other aspects untouched. I doubt this even does much to change the meta; it's likely that mDK will still be dominant, they're just going to have to use a little more sustain now than before.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    People are acting like mDK isn't miles above every other class in PVP. This nerf hits one aspect of mDK that made it strong, while leaving the other aspects untouched. I doubt this even does much to change the meta; it's likely that mDK will still be dominant, they're just going to have to use a little more sustain now than before.

I mean getting Hit By DKs is still gonna be like this

gqjxtietxjek.gif

• AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly they should have nerfed them more. Between lag and high damage, high mitigation, high healing DKs, I haven't been playing.

It's just lag, lag, lag, burning embers, lag, talons, lag, lag, take flight.
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »

I mean getting Hit By DKs is still gonna be like this

gqjxtietxjek.gif

Dk needs more nerfing like dubble cd on combustion nerf whip do not get buffs or stacks just flat dmg can solve this
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sustain nerf really makes me think it's time to add stam whip for stam dk.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well we've been telling Zos that for years. Let's see if anything happens