The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

POLL: Tanks, how do you feel when someone in the group has the Maw of the Infernal equipped?

• xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it (I'm a tank).
    I don't hate the set. I hate that ESO has yet to realize that most of these creatures that are summoned as DDs totally block the tank's view. How do they not realize that? Like does anyone ever test this stuff????? The worst offender is the massive monstrosity summoned by Necros. [snip] were they thinking? My Gods!

I truly wish ESO would realize that many of these ults and monster sets block tank view and make them ALL so you can see through them. There HAS to be a setting to make them that way. Every single Monster set, ultimate, and set that spawns something that is larger than a small creature and could block the view of the tank should be made to be like a spirit you can see through.

COMMON SENSE. How do they not even consider this?

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 3, 2022 10:55AM
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love it (I'm a tank).
    Are all you tanks....playing on first person view???? I have never had this problem tanking on ANY of my tanks. I legit don't see what the problem is unless you play First Person view????
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a DD or Healer and I love it. (I love Daedroth's and this is the only way I can have my very own Daedroth to play with.)
    g60a4z0v2wzv.jpg
    :D
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am indifferent about it (I'm a tank).
    honestly, i don't get it. if i have a problem seeing something, I step left of right slightly - problem solved, and i didn't move the boss out of the AOEs.

it's a decent monster set, the better damage the group does the more likely we are to succeed. Why would I begrudge that on the group?
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an extremely rare occurrence when I tank, but anyway, it doesn't make me want to tank any less. Most of the time I'm in a place where I know there's no daedroths. Besides, I use it myself on one of my sorcs. I know it when I see it.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it (I'm a tank).
    When Maw of Infernal was peak Meta and everyone was running it... It was painful.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a DD or Healer and I love it. (I love Daedroth's and this is the only way I can have my very own Daedroth to play with.)
    WELL I love it

Maw

Plus I Wear:-

Mad Tinker to summon the Verminous Fabricant

Defiler to summon the Hunger

My Volatile Familiar, Twilight Tormentor and Storm Atronach bring the total to 6 assistants

If I feel lonley I Just call on Mirri to fill the gap

(PS non of my guild's tanks that I play with are bothered in the least - and I always ask...)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a DD or Healer and I hate it. (Even I can't see things sometimes.)
    I very rarely tank, but I hate the set from all PoV's. It's very visually obtrusive, and I always have to reposition to side-step it to see more clearly which is annoying given how often it can proc. Same with the Hunger proc, but at least that's rarer. I guess as a tank, you can be like ''oops, I let go of aggro because I couldn't see~'' if things get too frustrating :naughty:
    Edited by Jaimeh on May 1, 2022 11:05PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly.... so what? I can't see what's going on anyways and it's why I tab target what needs taunting these days.

When you get a REALLY good group the amount of effects on the ground is so great you probably won't even see the Maw of the Infernal.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it (I'm a tank).
    every patch I ask Zos to make Maw animation visible to the caster only. As a tank I still can see it...

Maw is very annoying and sometimes is danger (In a pug trial I had 5 Maw on me and I litterally can't see the boss)
    PC-EU
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate it (I'm a tank).
    If they just made it spawn behind the target it would be fine. It spawns on top of me, that isn't fine.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done a full all pets & daedroth team for nSS. Was excellent fun.

And nearly destroyed a fab tank (he knew what he was getting in to) by running an all necro vHR, all with Colossus slotted as ulti.

Guildmates have done vBC2 with all 3 dd wearing it. Tank not happy but was funny.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Done a full all pets & daedroth team for nSS. Was excellent fun.

And nearly destroyed a fab tank (he knew what he was getting in to) by running an all necro vHR, all with Colossus slotted as ulti.

Guildmates have done vBC2 with all 3 dd wearing it. Tank not happy but was funny.

Yup can be fun - I ran HOF last week where everyone including the tanks wore Maw. Madness but a good laugh
    Soupy twist
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hate it on all roles.
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    I do have some weaker set in my bag to switch to, if tank complains.

I am also leveling a newbie tank. Not really sure how bothered maw really is, if you tab lock the target.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it (I'm a tank).
    It's the most visually obnoxious set in the game haha, especially from a tank pov. Besides standing right on top of you, I can't count the times when I thought it was a surprise mob and tried to taunt it off of someone.

Though besides that, I was never a fan of the overload of evil set effects in the first place and tend not to use them. Daedra, shadow orbs, poisoned bile, etc. It's cool when I actually play an evil themed character, but the majority of mine isn't one. Thankfully they've diversified that a lot as of late with some more neutral or heroic visuals added to the mix.

• thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm missing the "[snip] people are still using Maw???" option.

When it used to be BIS, we had 4-5-6 daedroths active at once during trials. And lo and behold, the tanks were able to deal with it. So I guess it is - avoiding the "bad phrase" - a practice issue.

Isn't it funny how fast people are with the "play as you want" mantra whenever it suits their playstyle [snip]
    [edited for baiting & profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 3, 2022 10:58AM
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it (I'm a tank).
    Different opinions aren't a tantrum, though you can just say git gud if that's what you mean, you used hyperbole to end your post anyways.

But in all seriousness it's not that it's difficult to deal with daedroths (which I realize all too well was the latest trend all the way back in the stone age of 2020 and it currently only used by kilt-less wannabes forever striving to emulate the greatness of the true Vestiges).

What people are saying is that it's annoying since it just contributes to a lot of visual clutter haha,.

• StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it (I'm a tank).
    I hate it when Im tanking, and therefore I don't wear it myself on DD, even if it was meta it's just obnoxious.
    Im not gonna say anything to you about it, but it's still mildy irritating to me. Same as Sorc DD's dropping their stupid atro's right in my face. Put it to the side people, it's obnoxious. I am willing to give allowance to grafton monster's dropped by necros because they only last like 5 seconds flat. Then again, Im speaking as someone with ADHD, anything flashy and flappy sets off alarm bells of distraction for me. I was paired with a pet sorc in my vKA HM prog the other week and it was my biggest nightmare possible. :D
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    I mainly player Healer but have recently been getting some DD and Tank work in there too. Never had any issue with Maw of the Infernal. Didn't even know this was a point of contention. I run Maw on my Pet Sorc and no one has ever complained about it. Hell, sometimes we have 2 in the group and I never see an issue then either.
    Edited by SedoUmbra on May 3, 2022 1:35PM
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been tanking forever and have never had an issue with this or any other monster set my DD's or healers have worn. Give me a break....
    Ours is the Fury
  • Furcas00
    Furcas00
    Soul Shriven
    I love it (I'm a tank).
    I want a full group of sorcs with me on sorc tank and everybody running pet builds using this. Extra effects turned on too because I have the GPU horsepower for it. I wish Lights of Meridia worked in pve because I'd cut that on in combination with the brightness turned up on floor aoes too. Turn ESO into a FFXIV ultimate boss fight.
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it (I'm a tank).
    I wish there was an option to filter them out of view.
  • CharlieFreak
    CharlieFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Not only obscuring the boss but quite a distraction when fighting daedric foes. I often spend half a rotation trying to kill one when it pops during a dolmen before I realize its that darn monster set proc.

LMAO. I was wearing this solo the other day and became momentarily confused about this "add" that I couldn't kill, after roll dodging out of his flame attack (which looks fairly dramatic!)

I don't usually wear the thing, but was playing around with some different sets, and had forgotten about it.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not that much worse IMO that a sorc pet always in my face so i cant even see myself..
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It stays up too long. It should either be invisible to everyone but the person wearing the monster set or have a shortened uptime.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    I love it when an obviously biased poll backfires and the OP finds out they are in a very small minority :)

Anyhow, I only use it on my sorcs because it's a decent enough (DPS wise) monster set and it fits the pet sorc builds perfectly. Shadowrend's clanfear would also fit pet sorcs but it's a way lesser set especially since it procs off you being damaged.

Didn't vote because the closest option amazingly excludes sorcs who do have other ways to have Daedroth.

It didn't backfire... it shows majority of poll-takers hate it.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i voted indifferent but it's kind of annoying. i move to the side
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Dr_Z
    Dr_Z
    ✭✭✭
    There is something not being mentioned here, but I'll enlighten you on it.
    You'll be surprised on how many people play this game in "First Person". Many of them would probably complain about this issue, but I haven't ran into a First Person Tank Player yet. All of the First Person players I have ran into, have been DPS players.

With that said, there are some user settings that can help a Tank with the Daedroth issue.
    Change the Third Person Settings, "Field of View", to 130. You'll find that setting in: ( SETTINGS -> CAMERA -> Third Person).
    Not only will this help with the Daedroth issue, but it will also help you to see more objects behind you.

Side note: This setting is recommend to try for all "Third Person" player rolls.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it (I'm a tank).
    It's super annoying. Yes, a simple step to the side is all that is needed, but when you are running vet content, that split second can result in a missed block and a dead tank. The absolute worst is when both DPS are running that set. All you can do is kind of perma block and hope for the best because you sure can't see what's going on!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!