The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alchemy writs BROKEN instead of fixed in 7.3.7

MreeBiPolar
MreeBiPolar
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno
General
Fixed an issue where you could complete multiple Alchemy Crafting Writs per day on the same character.

Gina, can your devs please try to fix things without breaking them?

I don't know what they have fixed, but they have definitely have BROKEN Achemy writs. After this "fix", if you grab but don't turn in the dailies on the same day, then on the day you turn them in, you can get all the writs EXCEPT Alchemy, even though it is not the same one you have just turned in. I have noticed it during the anniversary, then re-tested on several characters over the next few weeks.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I report this bug whenever I see it although I've been making it a point to turn in my writs on the same day I pick them up (no matter how tired I am) so I avoid the bug, but it is still frustrating as I cannot grab writs from one day and then hold them for the next if I am too tired to get them all done.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect this was a quick fix to address the exploit. I think a proper fix would have required a rewrite of the alchemy writs code, the armorer code, or both. That would take time.

When I testing writs to collect information for my website, I tried the scenario of using the shrine to change my proficiency and I didn't get any new writs the same day.

Also, alchemy writs differ from other writs because the number of writs offered is not consistent like the others. The others have the same number throughout the tiers (3, 4, or 6). Alchemy, however, has 4 writs in the rotation until the top tier where it is 8.

I agree having to do alchemy the same day is an inconvenience. Sometimes life gets in the way and it was nice to park the writs until you had time later.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect this was a quick fix to address the exploit. I think a proper fix would have required a rewrite of the alchemy writs code, the armorer code, or both. That would take time.

What was the exploit by the by?
    Also, alchemy writs differ from other writs because the number of writs offered is not consistent like the others. The others have the same number throughout the tiers (3, 4, or 6). Alchemy, however, has 4 writs in the rotation until the top tier where it is 8.

Frankly, that is ALSO a bug:

* There are just no rank 7 alchemy writs;
    * At rank 7 you are given the same as rank 6 and get rank 6 rewards;
    * At rank 8 you are given writs from two pool sets, apparently one is proper rank 8, the other is supposed rank 7;
    * At rank 8, you are given rank 7 rewards.

So the proper fix would likely require fixing the whole mess. Too much to expect?