The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No place to put access code for new login on different computer (screenshot included)

xXSilverDragonXx
xXSilverDragonXx
✭✭✭✭✭

So I'm logging in on my alt account and it tells me to enter the mailed code but there is no place to do this. There used to be a pop up window IIRC. But here, there is no place to enter the code. Even tried pressing 1 to see if maybe I was misunderstanding but that bounced me back to the password screen. And now I cannot log in at all.

6umtfvf77cqt.png
  • jwporrett
    jwporrett
    ✭✭
    I have the same thing! It's like the pop up window is being blocked. I was losing my mind trying to figure out how to get the access code entered :-/
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even sure if it is blocked or it doesn't exist. Hope they fix it soon.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looking at the text, <<1>> and <<2>> look more like placeholders they have used on other things, which are replaced with the key you have bound to perform that action

so something is definitely incomplete with this
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an issue with the accessibility mode, I think. Someone reported it last week. Certainly something that should be fixed, but for now if you can turn accessibility mode off in the login screen it might fix the issue, or you could delete the PTS settings file to have the option pop back up if you can't.
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem to be related to accessibility mode. Seems like it is just broken or not complete. Literally no way for me to input the stupid code they keep sending.

And what this tells me is that they didn't even do the most basic testing if something like this is happening. Do they not have testers? They should be testing to see if people who have not played in a while can log. I know this because I worked in testing for some years. This is very 101. Not comforting to see at all. I mean, it's new content where there is an extremely high probability people who have not played in a while will come back. And of them, it's likely they might have had an update to their systems forcing them to go through this. Should be high on testing list.
    Edited by xXSilverDragonXx on April 29, 2022 3:02AM
  • jwporrett
    jwporrett
    ✭✭
    Following what @harvspecial did in this thread, I was able to get the access code pop-up window to show up again!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/603121/accessibility-login-controller-ui-doesn-t-show-access-code#latest

Thanks to @PeacefulAnarchy for pointing me in the right direction.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if there's an easier fix, by turning off accessibility mode AND turning off gamepad mode, which accessibility mode turns on by default without telling you.

This gamepad mode problem has been popping up everywhere and leading to a lot of confusion.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner