Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unfair Dungeon Finder Algorithm

Uudrost
Uudrost
✭✭
I'm a very old gamer (and I mean almost great-grandfather old) who is limited to less challenging dungeons.
Even though I have 2005 champion points I'm no better than most players with 50 CP at PVP and dungeons.
All was well until the "Dungeon Finder" algorithm was changed in March 2022 so that I have to wait for players with similar champion points.
Unfortunately, this means waiting forever for less challenging dungeons.
As a living fossil for a gamer, I will be rightly booted in more challenging dungeons.
I doubt ESO will revert the algorithm for finding dungeons back.
I suppose I can create a guild of ancient gamers (played my first game in 1969).
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 25, 2022 7:16PM
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jugding from some other threads it seems the group finder may be broken since the update but I cannot personally confirm this.

Usually, it's best to pre-from your own group for dungeons anyway to ensure you are playing with like-minded individuals. There are some great guilds on pc-na and pc-eu for mature players.

I don't know which platform you play on but maybe check out the guild finder tool for some social guilds with a mature membership that run dungeons etc?

But hopefully, specific GM's may post invites in response to your post (it would really help if you say which platform you play on).

Good luck.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps join "Old Timers Guild" or "Band of Elders", and do you choice of dungeons with three other guildies.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the dungeon finder is matching players with similar CPs.

Running them every day and it's always a mix of everything.

There is also no point doing that, since it will prolong queues even longer.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the dungeon finder is matching players with similar CPs.

Running them every day and it's always a mix of everything.

There is also no point doing that, since it will prolong queues even longer.

this

im cp2100 and i still frequently get paired with groups of sub-50s or under 800 cp players (i dont mind, i dont try to speed run the dungeons and will even ask if people need mechanic explanations for dlc dungeons if they are lower cp)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Nienna001
    Nienna001
    Hey,
    If you play on PC on the NA server, check out our guild. Most of us play for fun and are happy to do less challenging content to help each other our and to relax and just have fun.

Dawning of the Alfiqs is a casual social guild with members in all different timezones. Our main focus is community and just enjoying the game, although we do run some events focused more towards harder content, including working on running our own trials, as several of us very much enjoy trials. Whilst we are small, we are growing so check us out if you want https://discord.gg/qvBusR6Waj.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uudrost wrote: »
    I'm a very old gamer (and I mean almost great-grandfather old) who is limited to less challenging dungeons.
    Even though I have 2005 champion points I'm no better than most players with 50 CP at PVP and dungeons.
    All was well until the "Dungeon Finder" algorithm was changed in March 2022 so that I have to wait for players with similar champion points.
    Unfortunately, this means waiting forever for less challenging dungeons.
    As a living fossil for a gamer, I will be rightly booted in more challenging dungeons.
    I doubt ESO will revert the algorithm for finding dungeons back.
    I suppose I can create a guild of ancient gamers (played my first game in 1969).
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

I too am a geriatric gamer, ESO is a retirement hobby for me... :-)

I play mostly at night Pacific time, and I see a mix of CPs in my random dungeons. My wait (PS4/NA) is usually about 10-15 minutes for DD, and 5 minutes or less for the healer.

I play on normal. With a one-time exception, I took my healer to vet Wayrest Sewer I to get Slimclaw monster helm. I was terrified the whole time that someone would die and it would be my fault, but in reality, they didn't even need a healer, like at all...

So for suggestions, you could time queuing for a low-level base game like Wayrest sewers, the lower level dungeons tend to have more lower level players... The wait for a specific dungeon will be longer, but you should see a mix of levels.

Also, queueing for a random dungeon right after the Undaunted dailies click over is in my experience the quickest queue time.

Good Luck!

PS5/NA
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I hear you Uudrost. I'm a solo player, and do dungeons if I need to for monster helms and like to do the "easier" ones.

It's definitely not a good system. There should be a way to mark them to meet with players' needs. Like if you want to farm gear/chests, or are a new player and want to hit everything in sight or if its just a quick random and want to speed through. Need to mark it some how what your looking for. Many times I don't have my headset on and want to be paired up with what I need.
    Xbox X- NA
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfair Dungeon Finder Algorithm

>??? Does this mean random grouping tools?

Actually say, grouping tool is totally fair now except fake tank and fake healer problem.
    DPS needs long time for waiting, because there're not much tank role population.
    And some tank player will not play with PUG team.

Just build own tank character or quest with friend is only option.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".