The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 34 - Feedback Thread for Zeal of Zenithar

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks, @Arttea! This is helpful and the team is looking into this with your feedback in mind. We’ll follow up with any additional questions if needed.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kesstryl Sent you an invite on PTS!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Arttea wrote: »
    Hello!

I have been defeating some world bosses with a guildie on the PTS to check out what kind of loot we can expect to receive from the zenithar reward parcels! I've noticed that a handful of items that come from these reward parcels (that are usually tradeable) are appearing as "bind-on-pickup" instead. This means that items such as recipes, furnishing plans, research scrolls, and the new style pages are bound and likewise not tradeable. I was wondering if this was done intentionally, and these rewards are indeed going to be bound (save for items such as materials), or if this is just a bug, and we can expect unbound, completely tradeable rewards when this event hits the live server.

I hope the bound thing is a bug and not as intended. After all, part of the Zenithar celebration is commerce; shouldn't we be able to sell things other than to vendors? Doing some testing today, my wife & I both got a bunch of recipes that we already know, and while we might have alts who don't know them, it'd be much preferable to be able to share, trade, or sell them. I also got a Companion's weapon and some treasure maps that were bound.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kesstryl Sent you an invite on PTS!

I tried accepting but it didn't take for some weird reason

Edit - ok it finally showed up, took a minute to take.
    Edited by Kesstryl on April 30, 2022 8:54PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the new spellsword outfit:

Is that bag on the back really needed? Could we have a jerkin version without that, or a toggle?
    I like that this outfit does not have the usual flaps around the waist.

Regarding the event:

I haven't tested much because the intro quest requires grouping and couldn't do that at the moment. Shouldn't be a group event, I dislike that.

The event idea and theme is nice, however, I am starting to get tired with events that require dailies and specific quests. Events should give boons for the content you enjoy doing. Let people play their game. Like, I don't mind going to a npc to spend some tickets, but other than that, the rewards should be obtained by doing the things you enjoy, so you get even more enjoyment. Give bonuses for nodes, fishing, pvp, crafting, etc, so everyone is happy during that time. It will decrease the load on certain zones or activities.

I hate how everyone camps different bosses and places during events. It hurts gameplay experience so much. And doing specific daily quests just for a specific theme/zone, gets very tiresome in a few days. I'll try to test more and return with new feedback.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just read the patch notes and was disappointed to see that the issue regarding all non-mat rewards in the Zenithar boxes being bound was not addressed. I can only assume that this is not intended, since not being able to trade any of the reward items, especially via guild traders, is antithetical to the concept of the event, which revolves around hard work, cooperation, and commerce. Especially the outfit style pages. If those remain bound, then the only option is to grind boxes and spend tickets on them. Please fix this so that the only rewards in the containers that are bound are items that are typically bound - like the IC vault keys. Even repair kits (both gear and siege) were bound (not talking about the Impresario group repair kits, which should be bound).

I also agree that having to be grouped with a guild mate may be problematic. Having to be grouped is fine, but with a guild mate? Please change this to just needing to be in a group.

I appreciated seeing Zanil Tharen at the festival - I tested on the weekend and judging from the patch notes (which were worded rather poorly), he'll only show up there on the weekends, during the same time he's in Coldharbour. Does this mean he will be there every weekend moving forward, or only the weekends during this festival?

As for the indriks, I think it's great that players have a chance to get these moving forward. I also think that the price point is right - reducing the feathers to 5 tickets, but leaving the berries at 10 tickets. This matches the current system (though only three base parts are needed now rather than 4). Remember, that these are going to be available in perpetuity, so you don't have to get both mounts during the same year. I think lowering the berries to 5 tickets devalues the indriks a bit, but I wouldn't be averse to it if they did that - but no grab bags, please. Or, if you have grab bags, it would just be for the berries (and just the berries that are currently in season) and at 5 tickets each. I get that new players want these, but remember that it took many of us two years to get them all originally, so if it takes a new player two years, then I think that's not unreasonable.
  • Midni
    Midni
    ✭✭
    Did you complete the introductory quest and the daily? Do you have feedback on the activities or how it tries to onramp you into the event?

I completed the introductory quest and two dailies so far. I really like the role-playing aspect and the details on Zenithar, as they make the player experience with the festival feel like it's organically woven into the narrative architecture of the world. In both my dailies I had the option to use trade guilds. I think that's super awesome because trading is one of the most fascinating ways through which people connect indirectly in the game. I am hoping that there's more variation in the rest of the options that will be available. The wolf fight took a bit longer than expected because of the inability to break free, and it would have taken even longer if someone didn't show up by chance to help with it.

Did you get an opportunity to group up with guildmates to get boxes from world bosses/events? What are your feelings on that experience?

Not yet.

Did you happen to see anyone you recognize hanging around the Belkarth festival grounds? They show up sometimes depending on content you've completed!

Nope, and I spent a good amount of time on the festival grounds because I love that area.

Do you have any other general feedback?

The concept of the festival is awesome, and it would be great if it will inspire curiosity for crafting and trading for people who haven't tried these aspects so far. I hope there's going to be a wide range of options in the daily tasks that people can begin to think of as professions. I am absolutely delighted by the diversity and liveliness I encountered on the festival grounds, and by how NPCs perform there! Such scenes inspire me to look more closely around ESO when adventuring.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Jayne_Doe, wanted to follow up with some feedback. We have a bug in for the bound items from Zenithar boxes and that should be resolved for the actual event launch. But the feedback is being addressed.

And regarding Zanil Theran, he'll be there all the time whenever he would otherwise be in Coldharbour, regardless if the Zeal of Zenithar event is live or not.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean the tents and merchant stands will be staying after the event?
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean the tents and merchant stands will be staying after the event?

All other event areas have stayed, so the Zeal of Zenithar festival grounds are also staying.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @Jayne_Doe, wanted to follow up with some feedback. We have a bug in for the bound items from Zenithar boxes and that should be resolved for the actual event launch. But the feedback is being addressed.

And regarding Zanil Theran, he'll be there all the time whenever he would otherwise be in Coldharbour, regardless if the Zeal of Zenithar event is live or not.

Thanks @ZOS_Kevin ! Glad to learn that the bound issue is considered a bug and is being addressed. Also, thanks for the clarification regarding Zanil Theran, as the patch notes were a bit confusing.

EDIT: Sorry, I re-read your statement regarding Zanil and I'm still unclear. I understand that he'll appear at the Festival grounds even after the event but do you mean only during the weekends or during the week when he's not in Coldharbour?
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 2, 2022 8:23PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Sorry for the confusion, @Jayne_Doe.

Zahil will appear on the festival grounds on the weekends, the same time he would normally be in Coldharbour. This is just a second place he can exist.
    Staff Post
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

Is that bag on the back really needed? Could we have a jerkin version without that, or a toggle?

I'm going to second this. Can we get two versions of this top, one with the bag and one without? I really like this outfit but I'm not into the way the bag hides my bow or the general appearance of the bag at all. I know some people love these bags though, so two different versions, with and without, would be great.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Sorry for the confusion, @Jayne_Doe.

Zahil will appear on the festival grounds on the weekends, the same time he would normally be in Coldharbour. This is just a second place he can exist.

Now if we can get the golden to appear in another location other than cyro, that'd be great
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

I'm going to second this. Can we get two versions of this top, one with the bag and one without? I really like this outfit but I'm not into the way the bag hides my bow or the general appearance of the bag at all. I know some people love these bags though, so two different versions, with and without, would be great.

I’ll get on the bag wagon and third this request, one with and one without for the choice would be sooooo nice. I love the name of the outfit even though I haven’t seen it yet and I’m hoping I’ll really like it for some of my characters.
    Edited by Elvenheart on May 9, 2022 1:47AM