The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Loading Screens While Moving After 3/28/22 Patch

Seravi
Seravi
✭✭✭✭✭
Since yesterdays "patch" I am getting a lot of loading screens just moving around. Going to craft in Vvardenfell/ Vivec City and I get them in the same spot, by the clothing table. Had them all over Riften yesterday questing. Also noticed when I would enter Vvardenfell to craft all the characters there were totally black for several seconds. Then the skins apply. This was around 5:30PM CST yesterday. Things seem to be going in the wrong direction for stability....
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 11, 2022 10:21PM
  • TrellyTB
    TrellyTB
    We have done a lot of writs in Vvardenfell over the last few days and today (about 30 each day), and I haven't seen any of this.
  • TrellyTB
    TrellyTB
    I just did a few more writs, and looked for anything like these issues in Vvardenfell. Everything worked fine for me.

Whenever I have issues, I go with the usual: try to repair your install, update drivers, and reboot the system. I assume you did all that already though.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah did all of the usual stuff to hopefully fix it. More WIN 7 issues I guess. Thanks!
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have had this happen even a couple weeks before the patch dropped.
    Weird because I got an ssd a couple months ago which had previously fixed this issue, but now my game is playing like it was on my old hard drive (non ssd).
    Especially bad in bgs where I get a 5 second complete freeze in game whenever I get stunned or immobilized.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've updated my add-ons and did a repair of eso. If anyone has a suggestion to fix this bad performance please @ me
    Edited by gariondavey on March 29, 2022 1:19PM
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had this happen even a couple weeks before the patch dropped.
    Weird because I got an ssd a couple months ago which had previously fixed this issue, but now my game is playing like it was on my old hard drive (non ssd).
    Especially bad in bgs where I get a 5 second complete freeze in game whenever I get stunned or immobilized.

I have reported the same things going on multiple times. Freezes, stutter, sound freezes. We have three computers in the family. This affects the oldest one much worse. The newest machine seems to have no detectable trouble with any of this. The middle machine has some loading screens and minor stutter.

Maybe they actually did something they really want for the new chapter that degraded performance - but only noticeable on older hardware (or I suppose OS)?

All three machines played the game without issue before U33.

[snip] Glad you are reporting it.

[Edit for minor bashing.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 31, 2022 11:57PM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I am in Daggerfall and my word, the loading screens. I've had three just trying to get from the bank to the wayshrine. :(
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seravi wrote: »
    Now I am in Daggerfall and my word, the loading screens. I've had three just trying to get from the bank to the wayshrine. :(

I've just logged in after months of not playing and I was load screening all over Daggerfall. I am also running into stuttering just about everyplace I go whether it is crowded or not. All I can say is performance is worse now than when I last played.

Edit: I'm getting load screens all over Ebonheart as well.
    Edited by Alinhbo_Tyaka on March 31, 2022 9:59PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The loading, disconnections, and login issues affecting the PC NA megaservers over the past week should now be resolved. You can follow the thread below for the latest updates and information. Since there are multiple threads about this issue we will be closing this discussion.

Update on Activity Finder and In-Game Issues
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.