The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ascending Tide Dungeons not included????

MissAethe
MissAethe
✭✭✭
Hello!

So I've been here since Elsweyr's launch and every chapter after I've always bought the pre-order and Collector's Editions. This has always included the Q1 Dungeons and Q2 zone, but now that the first update has hit Xbox....the dungeons aren't included???? In the article discussing this new chapter it states that Ascending Tide (the dungeon DLC) is part of it, but it also has later in the same article that it can be purchased in the crown store on launch.

So, which is it? Did I seriously pay this much for the new story with the expectations of the dungeons being included and they're not? Why doesn't the original article straight up say they're not included? I don't want to be super upset if I misunderstood something but if these dungeons are not included this go-around, why is the purchase for the collector's edition still so expensive?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 11, 2022 10:15PM
Xbox NA 10am-2am EST/EDT - Find me In-Game @MissAethe
Guildmaster - Nox Tyrannis - A Late Night 21+ PVE/Social Guild

Dragonknight Spite Healer Extraordinaire
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has never been included
  • MissAethe
    MissAethe
    ✭✭✭
    I guess not, then.
    Xbox NA 10am-2am EST/EDT - Find me In-Game @MissAethe
    Guildmaster - Nox Tyrannis - A Late Night 21+ PVE/Social Guild

Dragonknight Spite Healer Extraordinaire
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're only included with ESO+ which gives you all DLCs. Chapter purchases have never given you the DLCs associated with them.
  • dlrgames
    dlrgames
    ✭✭
    Last year ZOS gave everyone who bought the Chapter the 4th quarter story DLC for free. That is the first time that has happened. The 1st quarter dungeon DLC has never been included in the Chapter purchase.
    The Collector's Edition of the dungeon DLC is basically the dungeons plus the mount and pet. Look at the Crown price for the mount and pet individually, add it up and you will understand.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The extra cost for Collector's Edition is just for the extra perks like the mount and such.

I''m going to guess that you probably had ESO+ before and, thus access to all the DLC dungeons and 4th quarter DLC and didn't make the connection, then recently stopped subbing? Because then that would take away a lot of content you previously had access to if you hadn't already bought them individually.

I think Elswyer was the first chapter that released that then did a second zone in the 4th quarter (which has now been repeated with every new chapter drop), and I remember the uproar here in the forums when people who bought the chapter realized that, unless they subscribed to ESO+, they'd have to buy the last zone/4th quarter DLC to finish the story they had begun with the chapter itself (not an invalid argument, IMO).
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MissAethe

As mentioned in the thread, the dungeon DLC such as Ascending Tide would not come with the Collector's Edition. However it would become available by purchasing an ESO Plus membership.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post