The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some Gamepad Suggestions on PC

Joseph_Knecht
I am playing on a laptop, plugged into my TV. I use a bluetooth Xbox controller. I am sat quite far away from the laptop. I launch the game, and at the login screen I press a button on the controller, the game logs in. At the character select screen I'm stuck, and have to get out of my seat to press one button on my touchpad to start playing. Why? Why can't A just load the character selected? It's just kinda annoying.

And what's with the maps and stuff that are put up on the screen (in some quests). Instead of being able to hide/show them using the controller, I have to get up and close them.

Maybe I've missed some option somewhere. Otherwise please can this behaviour be changed?
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use a PS gamepad, you can hold the PS button (below the touchpad) and then move the cursor with your right analog stick, and then "click" with your RB.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    If you use a PS gamepad, you can hold the PS button (below the touchpad) and then move the cursor with your right analog stick, and then "click" with your RB.

It's true that one never stops learning. Great hint. Thanks.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just use DS4Windows and have a couple buttons programmed to keyboard keys... OR... perhaps you can invest in a small wireless keyboard. I also sit on the couch and play, and I use a USB connected PS4 controller with DS4Windows... and have a small wireless keyboard and wireless mouse next to me for menuing... which IMO is much better than trying to use gamepad menus.
    Edited by ADarklore on March 31, 2022 12:05PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • IsJustaGhost
    IsJustaGhost
    ✭✭
    I agree. The character select screen should be gamepad compatible. I doubt it would be difficult for them to do.

I actually prefer the gamepad menus. I can cycle through them almost with muscle memory.
    For what I feel is missing, I just make an addon to compensate, while keeping it feeling like it belongs.

My gamepad inventory addon makes the inventory a bit more friendly, including adding the ability to un/mark items as junk.
    I had just released an addon to allow the ability to turn the camera faster.

If you look up my addons, stay away from the betas and (WIP)s.
  • Joseph_Knecht
    Actually I am super happy with gamepad performance. I don't want anything else, other than press A to load character (and maybe close the annoying maps/pictures). Just seems annoying and not really in keeping with gamepad mode.

• IsJustaGhost
    IsJustaGhost
    ✭✭
    My addons do not change the look or feel of the game. They just enhance what is already there. If that is what you were concerned about.

I'm just responding with this here since there is really no other good way to spread the word for those that may be interested.
    • I wrote "IsJusta Disable Actions While Moving" because I got tired of Mirri not letting me jump. It allows you to set a delay for interaction with a companion to be allowed after you stop moving (I currently have set mine to 0.5), as well as most other interaction all can be set with it's own delay, such as "Take". I have "Steal" set to 5 seconds to keep me from stealing something from behind an npc I am trying to talk to. I can always crouch to bypass the delay.
    • "IsJusta Gamepad Camera Accelerator" lets you set Camera sensitivity up to a max of 2.5, instead of ZOS's 1.05. It makes turning feel more like an FPS, as far as speed goes. It still uses the same slider in gamepad camera options.
    • "IsJusta Gamepad Inventory Update " allows you to enable certain optional categories that will appear between the top set of categories and equipment categories. The items in these categories are then only found in them, no longer scattered throughout the inventory, such as "Junk" or "Stolen". It also adds the ability to un/mark items as junk to the Y menu.