The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO news page, and news articles using incredible amounts of CPU suddenly.

mekops_ESO
mekops_ESO
✭✭✭
Title. + only happening in chrome for me, and stops when I turn of javascript. Anybody else seeing drastic CPU usage just sitting with a elderscrollsonline.com news tab or article open as the active tab and window? My CPU soars to 99% on these pages and stays there. Started in the last day or so. Just want to see if anyone else is getting this.
Edited by mekops_ESO on March 30, 2022 6:49PM
  • mekops_ESO
    mekops_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to alleviate the CPU load by opening the dev console in chrome with the website open and entering lightFlicker = null. Its back down to normal now. But only for the page I did it on, and it isnt persistent. Just a bandaid.
    Edited by mekops_ESO on March 30, 2022 8:05PM
  • sup
    sup
    ✭✭✭
    Is this ever going to get looked at? If you focus the main ESO website it will peg your CPU at 100%. It is being caused by the perlin noise & light flickering functions, which are barely visible on the website anyway.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    sup wrote: »
    Is this ever going to get looked at? .
    i believe it's related to this other thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/607567/launcher-update
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, my poor computer suddenly sounds like its trying to take off when i go to the page ( using chrome for mac)
    Soupy twist
  • Starfyrez
    Starfyrez
    Soul Shriven
    This is still not fixed. It's happening to me aswell but I am using Microsoft Edge. Sounds like my pc is about to take off whenever I visit an article link from Steam if it opens an ESO website page. It also scrolls very laggily if I want to view said articles.