Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Maintenance - March 9 @ 8am EDT

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hey all, just wanted to give you a heads up we will be bringing the PTS down for maintenance tomorrow, March 9 starting at 8am EDT to perform some backend work. This will likely take all day and we expect to wrap up by 6pm EDT.

Thanks in advance for your patience!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    At this time, we are going to need more time to complete maintenance. As such, the PTS will remain offline until tomorrow when we are able to finish everything up. Thanks again for your patience.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    Are they doing a fresh PC/US copy? Like to test out the mess of AwA on my current charaters.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they doing a fresh PC/US copy? Like to test out the mess of AwA on my current charaters.

Not until the first High Isle PTS patch (8.0.0).
    Edited by Maitsukas on March 10, 2022 9:01AM
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

Not until the first High Isle PTS patch (8.0.0).

Is it just me, or is that absolutely ridiculous? US got two weeks, the FIRST weeks of the PTS cycle while everything was broken; and EU gets three months.
    Edited by Spell-Slinger on March 10, 2022 2:11PM
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    I have toons on both the NA and EU server to cover the PTS. The toons are going to get wiped at some point anyways so having them on both servers covers all of the wipes. Yes, on the EU server players type a different language that I can't translate but I play alone so it doesn't really matter. Maintenance is over. Time to play.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    So does any of the backend work address the AwA issues?
    Will there be any kinda notes about todays maintenance?
    Are the devs, ANY DEVS, ever gonna comment on AwA before it goes live?
    Inquiring minds want to know.. :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or is that absolutely ridiculous? US got two weeks, the FIRST weeks of the PTS cycle while everything was broken; and EU gets three months.

It used to be the other way around.

I don’t suppose they could alternate??? The ideal situation would be for everyone to get equal PTS time.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭

I don’t suppose they could alternate??? The ideal situation would be for everyone to get equal PTS time.

They really should just come up with a way to tag duplicate names between the two servers, and allow double the amount of characters, since accounts are already shared for both regions those are the only issues that should prevent both regions from sharing.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really should just come up with a way to tag duplicate names between the two servers, and allow double the amount of characters, since accounts are already shared for both regions those are the only issues that should prevent both regions from sharing.

Brainstorming here: maybe just append NA or EU to everyone’s name? Wipe all the names (but only the names) and replace them with a random string? Set it so whoever logs in with a duplicate name has to reset it - they have to have some kind of infrastructure for this already, for people who have inappropriate names on live?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Brainstorming here: maybe just append NA or EU to everyone’s name? Wipe all the names (but only the names) and replace them with a random string? Set it so whoever logs in with a duplicate name has to reset it - they have to have some kind of infrastructure for this already, for people who have inappropriate names on live?

No, I like having a fresh new account on EU PTS since I don't have a EU account live, especially now that we have Account Wide Achievements. Each fresh PTS cycle I can play through one of my favorite quests without achievements getting in the way of narrative integrity, and I'll have access to quests alts are locked out of four times a year. Keep EU and NA separate, but definitely make test time more equal between the two servers.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have to have a system that can copy one database alongside another for that to happen, and all the indications from ZOS are they don't have such a system. Adding one server's database to the PTS on top of another's would therefore simply over-write the existing one. That is my understanding as to why the Live servers have to take turns on the PTS.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always just make a fresh template character to test things. That's what we console players always have to do anyway...