The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can Companions Use/Do Synergies?

moleculardrugs
moleculardrugs
✭✭✭✭
It would be nice if Mirri or Bastian gave me a reason to slot Trapping Webs! I love many of the undaunted skill-line and continue to use them but I am wondering why companions cannot use synergies? It's not sustain I am worried about when I play, but rather just having the companion being better integrated with combat and having a good time with them.

Also, do we get resources back when we use a companion's synergy? I think we do but it's so small and I rarely rely on a companion's synergy for sustain.
Edited by moleculardrugs on February 26, 2022 11:04PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you do get resources back from undaunted command when using the synergies from their undaunted abilities like crimson font. No they do not use your synergies as their ai script is very basic to the point their abilities fit under three categories cast at hard target, cast when enemy target is in range, or cast at self.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @phaneub17_ESO I've been trying to test this all week, but I'm currently playing on stadia and between the gamepad UI and lack of add-ons I wasn't sure if I was imagining a teeny-tiny resource return on using a synergy.

I'm not the OP, but follow-up question - Does activating a companion's synergy proc sets like Alkosh of Tooth of Lokkestiiz's?

(in my limited testing I don't think companion synergies count for these sets, but my "tests" have been having some weird results, so I'm not very confident in how I'm testing. My approach was to equip my companion in 5 light armor for the "haste" ability to reset cooldowns, and the three undaunted abilities that offer synergies, and watch the little fella fight... I didn't observe any procs from either Alkosh or Lokkesitiis's, but I also noticed the cooldown on synergies doesn't work as I expected... I've given up testing till I'm back on my PC, so I'll be grateful if you could tell me if companion synergies count for gear sets.)
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.