The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cats and Dogs, Living Together

MJ202
MJ202
✭✭✭✭
The stereotypical view of the relationship between cats and dogs is one of them always being at war with each other. There are numerous children’s movies out there based around that theme. In reality, we know cats and dogs can get along well with each other.

This morning, while doing some “routine maintenance” on my several ESO characters, and looking at the different races and their various skill sets, a thought hit me. My wife has told me such moments could be potentially dangerous, but this one, I believe, is only humorous. If you are drinking your morning cup of coffee, or any other beverage, please swallow before reading further.

Has anyone created a Khajiit Werewolf character?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MJ202 wrote: »

My first character in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was one. My ESO Khajiit isn’t, but she is a follower of the Hungry Cat.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    The stereotypical view of the relationship between cats and dogs is one of them always being at war with each other. There are numerous children’s movies out there based around that theme. In reality, we know cats and dogs can get along well with each other.

This morning, while doing some “routine maintenance” on my several ESO characters, and looking at the different races and their various skill sets, a thought hit me. My wife has told me such moments could be potentially dangerous, but this one, I believe, is only humorous. If you are drinking your morning cup of coffee, or any other beverage, please swallow before reading further.

Yep, Khajit, Werewolf, NB. A combo for fun more than been actually useful but it does a job and I like it.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I only play khajiit but all of them have werewolf on one loadout and vampire on the other. Werewolf cats are fine.

Now that I think about it, Khajiit see worshipping the Hungry Cat as normal for their hunters.
    Edited by Ryuvain on February 26, 2022 12:29PM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smoky wrote: »

Yep, Khajit, Werewolf, NB. A combo for fun more than been actually useful but it does a job and I like it.

It's cool combo. If stealth approach failed you, you can always bite them in the arse. Painfully.
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I have both cats and dogs at home and they get along relatively fine with the caveat that stuff always happens. Feeding is always a very important moment in most lives.

Ingame I have had a lot of laughs with my werewolf cat as I do not like stereotypes. Albeit that is only one alt as I'm pretty serious otherwise.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    werewolf is a [snip] iwant a werecat :'D or werebat or wereshark boar bear and ets were kinds of ES lore)

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 26, 2022 4:50PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »
    werewolf is a [snip] iwant a werecat :'D or werebat or wereshark boar bear and ets were kinds of ES lore)
    The thing with TES lore though is it's not your race that depends what kind of Lycanthropy you get, it's determined solely by the type of Were that infects you. So Khajiit getting bit by a WW will turn into WWs themselves, same for Argonians. But if a Khajiit were infected by a Wearbear then that's what they'd turn into.

As nice as it would be to get different strains of Lycanthropy for our characters, even if it's just skins, I doubt it'll ever happen, just because of the coding side of it.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 26, 2022 4:50PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is an Argonian NB Werewolf... (although not permanently, the "gift" is used only and only if everything else fails).

I might be wrong, but a Cat-wolf makes way, way more sense than Lizard-wolf ;)
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 26, 2022 5:02PM
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My khajiit is a werewolf. She was bitten in Bangkorai, by one of the wandering werewolves. Such is fate sometimes.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hircine has Were-lions, just saying. It's a shame they haven't included were-variants in this game because lore supports it. Vykosa is also a Khajiit werewolf and the main antagonist of a dungeon.
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit Werewolf DK here :D

Don't know why I decided to make a Khajiit DK rather than NB or Sorc since they're all Stambased, but I have one! I use him he's probably top 4 of the chars I have that can hit hard.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be wrong, but a Cat-wolf makes way, way more sense than Lizard-wolf ;)

:smiley:
    5b9arnm.jpg
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When this one was a kitten, there was a family friend who had a Persian cat and a bulldog.

The bulldog would follow her “mum” everywhere. It was very amusing to see this big fierce dog ambling behind the dainty Persian.

Sadly, the cat being older, died a few years later. The bulldog was inconsolable and died from grief several months later.

Cats and dogs can, and do bond.
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    Smoky wrote: »

It's cool combo. If stealth approach failed you, you can always bite them in the arse. Painfully.

Haha you made me chuckle with that :D
  • loaganb16_ESO
    loaganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's a wide spread meme the Khajiit-Werewolf. However, the Were(wolf) is a race in itself, so to speak, which overwrites the Khajiit-Race when you transform. And there are many different forms of werecreatures actually. It's simply that the TES games have given us mainly the Werewolf and Werebear. Any animal with a "Were"-prefix is possible, thanks to Hircine. Without breaking the Lore you could also be a Khajiit in Werelion/tiger/cat form. Or a Weredeer. It's more or less not about the underlineing race of your different were-form and more about them all being a wild animalistic hunting form.

I am Khajiit Werewolf since release. Back when being Weresomething meant you had +15% Stamreg without having to have to slot the Were-Ulti. That was nice.
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    catdoglogopng-c743eb.png
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Hircine has Were-lions, just saying. It's a shame they haven't included were-variants in this game because lore supports it. Vykosa is also a Khajiit werewolf and the main antagonist of a dungeon.
    Still holding out hope for were-sharks in June.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Still holding out hope for were-sharks in June.

That would be pretty cool but as I understand it, the were-shark is supposedly a myth within lore. If I remember correctly, it was listed as an unconfirmed variant in a scholar's book, but it would make sense if we ever get to explore some place like say, Pyandonea or Thras. There's bound to be worshippers of Hircine out there somewhere. Those would be some really interesting places with a lot of potential in my opinion.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    This_0ne wrote: »
    The thing with TES lore though is it's not your race that depends what kind of Lycanthropy you get, it's determined solely by the type of Were that infects you. So Khajiit getting bit by a WW will turn into WWs themselves, same for Argonians. But if a Khajiit were infected by a Wearbear then that's what they'd turn into.

As nice as it would be to get different strains of Lycanthropy for our characters, even if it's just skins, I doubt it'll ever happen, just because of the coding side of it.

[edited to remove quote]

it was only joke about werecat :D But i really hopeZOS make some were kinds in some Solstheim Bloodmoon dls maybe) Аt least as an alternative dls's skill line. 2 years ago they rework vampires, maybe they'll come up with something for werekinds too.
    Edited by This_0ne on March 1, 2022 10:04AM
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    catdoglogopng-c743eb.png

My wife made a Khajiit werewolf with a name based on that... Sadly not enough people got the joke. She changed the name to the slightly more obvious "Were's The Kitty". ;)

I tease her that a Khajiit werewolf would probably have the overwhelming urge to groom for days after every transformation :p
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Khajiit in Skyrim was a werewolf for a while, but not in ESO.