The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unplayable PVP

malistorr
malistorr
✭✭✭✭
Last night in no CP Cyrodiil month-long campaign there were obviously some planned events. There were guilds of red and yellow running around a couple hundred players deep farming AP I guess. I don't really care much about the technical details of what they were doing or why. The game was unplayable due to so many players being allowed into the same instance at once. It took me about 4x as long to take a resource during this time if I could do it at all. This was over a several-hour period last night and to be honest it hasn't been a whole lot better for much of this PVP event with so many people in Cyrodiil. I would use a skill and watch as the animation was completely skipped or stuttered in slow-motion and then the result would possibly process a couple seconds later or maybe not at all. Health would be removed from the NPC target or maybe not. Bar-swapping would frequently not work at all as well as using a lot of skills like healing for example. I'm surprised I didn't die from just trying to take a resource it was that bad. It is always bad but it was about 5x worse last night. I gave up trying to do any kind of regular playing because it was pointless. I tried to do some repairs just to get some AP and even that animation of doing the repair was in slow motion or skipped. Bottom line is this level of performance shouldn't be allowed by ZOS. Performance is always bad, to the point where ZOS said they're basically rewriting the game this year. They SHOULD NOT be allowing so many players into 1 instance of Cyrodiil that the game isn't even playable. They should cut the allowed players at least in half if not more. Why have an event and promote a part of the game that literally doesn't work? It's really kind of stupid and pointless and ZOS is just making themselves look really bad here. Until performance in PVP is at an acceptable level to support the number of players you're allowing there shouldn't be any PVP events at all. Or reduce allowed players so people can actually still play the game during the event! This is ridiculous!
Edited by malistorr on February 22, 2022 8:28PM
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want them to cut the population in half from where it is now? That would leave like, ~150ish people on a map originally designed for 2000
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I heard it's 600 now so if they moved to 300 I'd gladly accept that if I could actually play the game in these scenarios.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only takes a couple of 12 man ball groups to trash the performance at this point so I doubt population would make any difference.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    It did an hugely (if that's a word). I literally saw 100-200 AD players parading around in an "AP train". And the same for EP on the same night at the same time. We're talking probably 400ish players around the same part of the map. Performance went from occasionally bad/glitchy to I literally could not see animation at all for any of my skills and they fired in slo-motion if at all. I literally could not play the game at all. I went to try and repair things and even that skipped animation and barely worked. I had to perform the action a few times and I'd repair 1-time. All this during a promotional event when they are incentivizing people to go play there. It's a bad look for them. The servers cannot maintain an acceptable level of performance with that many players. Since they are rewriting this part of/or the whole game this year, all they can do to help things is limit players under the current game unless they're going to suddenly upgrade hardware. And even that might not help, hence the rewrite as stated by ZOS themselves.