The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Question regarding OG pc > console transfers and account-wide achievements

spoqster
spoqster
✭✭✭✭✭
I am currently missing some xbox achievements for in-game achievements that I have already done, because I have completed the in-game achievements on pc before I transferred my account to console when that first became available. Currently I can still get these achievements on console, by just doing them in-game again on a different character - just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Will the account-wide achievements update break my ability to still get the corresponding xbox achievements?

If it is implemented so that all my current character achievements get registered "again" on my account, then it shouldn't be a problem as this will trigger the xbox achievement. If it is implemented in a way that the account achievements do not get synced with the xbox achievements, then I will be forever locked out of those particular xbox achievements.

Long story short: Please make sure that the process of registering character achievements as account achievements also registers these achievements with xbox if they don't already exist there.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not 100% sure, but, when you log into a character that didn't have those achievements, they will instantly, "earn," them, so it would seem likely that you'd receive the XBL achievements at that point.
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's my hope. This sentence can be interpreted in a way that the achievements will be awarded again.

On the other hand interpreting it that way implies that the whole system is not really an "account-wide" achievement system in the stronger sense, but rather an account-wide syncing of character achievements.
  • ZiggyTStardust
    ZiggyTStardust
    ✭✭✭
    Since I believe it will also fix the issue of playstation 5 people not having their achievements I would suspect it will also fix your problem
    Edited by ZiggyTStardust on February 23, 2022 11:21AM
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any chance you could add an answer to this to your FAQ? The FAQ is great btw! :blush: