The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Puncturing sweep needs major sorcery and brutality as well or give it to backlash

• gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solar Flare and its morphs gains Major Brutality/Sorcery for 20 seconds, loses Empower.
    Puncturing Strikes and its morphs gains Empower for 4 seconds after it finishes casting.
    Biting Jabs morph applies Minor Maim to targets hit for 8 seconds.

Illuminate gets Major Brutality, Major Sorcery, and Minor Sorcery with one cast.
    Enduring Rays can bring up the duration from 20 seconds to 22 seconds.

Great idea!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more over redundancy with major savagery and now we are free to drop foward momentum/rally completely. We can slot ring of preservation for heals and passive strength (3% weapon power) or power of the light for the boom. Hey if Jesus beam scales that’s gonna fit on front bar too, fingers crossed.

Stamplars are gonna use ultimate generation potions, so it’s a cool change. Glad they tied it to a core skill. I just wish stamplars had a big expensive class ultimate to use.

Solar disturbance is by and far the weaker morph of the nova ultimate. It is prime for a change. Even if nova scales for stamina too, Stamplars would still choose solar prism over solar disturbance. How bout a radical change to solar disturbance to make it more delectable?

Well regardless it is a thoughtful change and it will result in an increase in dps. Maybe the developers really do know what they are doing!?!
    Edited by Drdeath20 on February 1, 2022 3:29PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Momentum.
  • bthrawn
    bthrawn
    Soul Shriven
    Magplar's have access to major sorcery from 4 skill sources, three of them will be stamina skills. Would like another magicka based skill choice somewhere.
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    In PVP, gonna try out 2H for momentum on my magplar next patch. I hate entropy and tired of using pots for major sorc.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ksbrugh wrote: »
    Would like to get major sorcery somehow on my magic Templars I have without slotting an extra skill or giving up a tripot for a spell potion. Yes I know puncturing sweep heals you but biting jabs does about 10 to 15% more damage than puncturing sweeps. Roughly for the same weapon damage as spell damage
    Not always but most likely if you're a Stam Templar you most likely have rally which gives you major brutality and a heal.
    Please add the major sorcery and major brutality to the backlash skill and it's morphs not the biting jabs or puncturing sweeps skill.
    Plus major sorcery or major brutality should not be associated with a spammable

I had this idea in the past but Templars got many of the other buffs that I wanted and then some. At the moment, they are very strong and almost impossible to kill (in the right hands) thanks to living dark. Forcing them to use another skill slot for major sorcery is needed to keep them at S-tier, preventing them from becoming god-tier.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I wouldn't mind seeing is adding Major Brutality/Sorcery to Explosive Charge. This would make it more competitive with Stampede and magicka templars would also make a harder decision between the stun or Sorcery buff.

No one's really commented on this. Sorry to bring it up again. But I guess I'm just wondering who uses Explosive Charge. I'd be interested to know.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    What I wouldn't mind seeing is adding Major Brutality/Sorcery to Explosive Charge. This would make it more competitive with Stampede and magicka templars would also make a harder decision between the stun or Sorcery buff.

No one's really commented on this. Sorry to bring it up again. But I guess I'm just wondering who uses Explosive Charge. I'd be interested to know.

As far as I know, no one. I’ve previously thought that it would be a decent option for Stamina cost and new/additional morph effect. At the moment though its just kind of “eh”.