The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Weapon and spell damage seems Redundant this patch.

Gamerscape2007
Gamerscape2007
✭✭✭✭
I mean, I get that both are mixed into abilities now, but wouldn't they be better off merging them both into one stat then?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they will make it all just "damage" eventually. Incremental changes are best though just in case some unforeseen problems force them to backtrack, I think.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on January 31, 2022 7:02PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I give it 1 or 2 updates, the same time they combine Major Sorcery/Brutality which they stated is in the works. The only differences between weapon/spell damage that come to mind are Jewelry Enchantments and Mundus Stones.. Once they change it to 1 stat they would need to update those sources to provide unique options which is most likely why it hasn't been touched yet, 1 change requires the other.
    • I forsee the Weapon/Spell Damage jewelry enchants changing to damage and penetration or crit.
    • Mundus stones changed from Weapon/Spell Damage to damage and damage done.

They also have yet to address the 4 original classes minor buffs. For now, they stated they wanted to retain the uniqueness between them, but that isn't possible when Savagery/Prophecy and Brutality/Sorcerery get combined. They would be forced to make 2 new buffs to give the original classes.

My thoughts being:
    • NB - Crit Damage or Damage Done.
    • Sorc - Crit Chance
    • DK - Damage or Damage Done.
    • Templar - Damage or Penetration or Max Resource.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 31, 2022 7:29PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, I get that both are mixed into abilities now, but wouldn't they be better off merging them both into one stat then?

Yes. That is where this is headed.
    Playing since beta...
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont see it working however because all the status effects like poison decease,
    And medium vs light armor wouln't have logic.

I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow buddy slow down, they are still phasing out vr16 (cp160).
    They'll get there eventually, however wrong this combat direction is

If everything is hybrid, nothing is.
    Edited by VixxVexx on January 31, 2022 7:52PM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I give it 1 or 2 updates, the same time they combine Major Sorcery/Brutality which they stated is in the works. The only differences between weapon/spell damage that come to mind are Jewelry Enchantments and Mundus Stones.. Once they change it to 1 stat they would need to update those sources to provide unique options which is most likely why it hasn't been touched yet, 1 change requires the other.
    • I forsee the Weapon/Spell Damage jewelry enchants changing to damage and penetration or crit.

They also have yet to address the 4 original classes minor buffs. For now, they stated they wanted to retain the uniqueness between them, but that isn't possible when Savagery/Prophecy and Brutality/Sorcerery get combined. They would be forced to make 2 new buffs to give the original classes.

My thoughts being:
    • Sorc - Crit Chance

I thought they said the minor versions will stay uncombined.

''Player abilities that grant Major Savagery, Prophecy, Brutality, or Sorcery now grant both of their respective versions (such as Savagery and Prophecy) in efforts to reinforce the accessibility of hybrid stat gaining.
    Note that player passives and consumables that grant the Minor versions of these have not been adjusted at this time, in order to preserve class unique power contribution for coordinated groups.''
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on January 31, 2022 7:58PM
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My thoughts being:
    • Sorc - Crit Chance

I thought they said the minor versions will stay uncombined.

''Player abilities that grant Major Savagery, Prophecy, Brutality, or Sorcery now grant both of their respective versions (such as Savagery and Prophecy) in efforts to reinforce the accessibility of hybrid stat gaining.
    Note that player passives and consumables that grant the Minor versions of these have not been adjusted at this time, in order to preserve class unique power contribution for coordinated groups.''

I was saying that they haven't touched damage, enchants, mundus stoness or the class minor buffs because they would need to come up with new unique stats to give for those sources.

They did not say they will stay uncombined indefinitely. As you quoted "Note that player passives and consumables that grant the Minor versions of these have not been adjusted at this time, in order to preserve class unique power contribution for coordinated groups."

They plan to delete the difference between Spell and Weapon Crit/Damage buffs just like they did for Penetration.

If for example they combine Sorcery/Brutality into Brutality and Prophecy/Savagery into Savagery the classes minor Buffs for Sorc/NB and Templar/DK would be identical. They want to preserve the uniqueness, so when we cross that bridge they will need to create new ones.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 31, 2022 8:06PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit