The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loud "thud" noise when changing zones or using a wayshrine

NoxiousBlight
NoxiousBlight
✭✭✭✭✭
Every time I use a wayshrine or go through a door with my companion out I get a loud "thud" or "clunk" noise and a message in the upper right that says "this collectable is not ready yet."

If I put away my companion and use a wayshrine or door the noise and the message go away, so it is 100% being cause by having a companion out.

Is there some bug with companions loading in that is causing them to try and load in before the character, thus causing the "not ready" message?
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any addons that might be trying to auto-summon them?

I'm not getting this.
    Edited by Fennwitty on January 29, 2022 4:47AM
    PC NA
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I switched ESO to the SSD and I think my game is loading too fast for the companion. Addons off doesn't solve it.

So for a load screen longer than 4-5 seconds it doesn't happen. The companion loads in fine, no noise and no message.

But for city doors and wayshrines within the same zone there is no load screen, clicking moves me nearly instantaneously. In those cases I get the noise and the message that "This collectable is not ready."

Not sure what the load order process is in ESO, but it appears that if you load in TOO fast it messes with the companion summon.