The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armory use for alts.

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
I have several alts who don't have the skill points that my main has so the alts that have hit 50 I cleared their skill points and made a build just for crafting and saved it in the armory. Then I paid to clear it again for a questing/PVE build and saved it for the second slot on the armory. Now if I get the itch to play my alts I'm ready and the rest of the time they have a good selection of skill points for crafting.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the CP set-ups of my other chars, so that an alt could use it, without having to allocate points for each char.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did you pay to clear them? Could just have used the second armory slot to rest them all before saving a build to it.....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Why did you pay to clear them? Could just have used the second armory slot to rest them all before saving a build to it.....

If no changes are needed to Champion Points, it might be worth it to pay gold to respect skill points and leave the CP untouched.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭

So just asking about it....
    I made this sometime before, loaded empty slot, sets all, and after save i wanted to change back to previous build and all CPs was clear even on saved second build. I thought that could be only bug like was adding more points after use armory and losing gear after use armory. So now armory works in all side well?
    Really sorry for my english
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

Because my alts don't really have enough skill points to have a good selection of craft points AND weapons ect points. This way I can lean heavily into both with two different builds
  • NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭

Because my alts don't really have enough skill points to have a good selection of craft points AND weapons ect points. This way I can lean heavily into both with two different builds

He's asking why you paid, not why you split up the skills and stuff. If you have an unused armory slot, then if you select that slot as the build you want, it clears *everything*, and you can rebuild from scratch. No need to pay for anything.

Thus the pattern is, select slot 2 (reset); do your build (eg: combat build); save the build in slot 1; select slot 2 again (reset); do your build again (eg: crafting build); save to slot 2. Now you have the two different build types without having to pay for anything (though you'd need to buy a third slot to use this trick again). Well, unless you'd already used both armory slots and didn't have the empty one to reset with.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    I would like to see the CP set-ups of my other chars, so that an alt could use it, without having to allocate points for each char.

If you use addons you can simply save a blank of the character in an armoury slot and use Caro's and Dressing room to manage the toons. That also makes it a lot easier to move CP setups between toons or just paste in things like tank club or other streamer recommended settings.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    NyxWrench wrote: »

He's asking why you paid, not why you split up the skills and stuff. If you have an unused armory slot, then if you select that slot as the build you want, it clears *everything*, and you can rebuild from scratch. No need to pay for anything.

Thus the pattern is, select slot 2 (reset); do your build (eg: combat build); save the build in slot 1; select slot 2 again (reset); do your build again (eg: crafting build); save to slot 2. Now you have the two different build types without having to pay for anything (though you'd need to buy a third slot to use this trick again). Well, unless you'd already used both armory slots and didn't have the empty one to reset with.

Sigh. I did not realize that. My further alts thank you. :)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I basically did the same for all of my Alts. My main has nearly every skill point in the game (outside of the back half of the PVP rank ones that I am still grinding), so my main PVE build includes crafting, and my second slot is for PVP.

And my alts main builds all include their PVP setups, and their secondary builds are all crafting.