The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Solo Mag Sorc - Hit 50 now what?

Etori
Etori
✭✭✭
Played this game during beta, and a few months after release. Just came back a few weeks ago for casual play on a Mag Sorc, but after hitting 50 (and CP 50ish) I am trying to figure out the best way to get to end game PVE and PVP. From what I've read CP160 is the cap for gear, so does that mean I should wait to farm my Build gear until then so that way I don't get a lower level version of my end game gear? I'm going to be using the Necropotence and Mother's Sorrow set items if that matters for my question.

How viable is a mag sorc for solo PVP? Would those sets be good for that? Is player crafted stuff any good?

I'm just feeling pretty overwhelmed since the game has grown so much since I last played. Still trying to grasp the basics now, but it is definitely challenging lol.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etori wrote: »
    Played this game during beta, and a few months after release. Just came back a few weeks ago for casual play on a Mag Sorc, but after hitting 50 (and CP 50ish) I am trying to figure out the best way to get to end game PVE and PVP. From what I've read CP160 is the cap for gear, so does that mean I should wait to farm my Build gear until then so that way I don't get a lower level version of my end game gear? I'm going to be using the Necropotence and Mother's Sorrow set items if that matters for my question.

How viable is a mag sorc for solo PVP? Would those sets be good for that? Is player crafted stuff any good?

I'm just feeling pretty overwhelmed since the game has grown so much since I last played. Still trying to grasp the basics now, but it is definitely challenging lol.

Yes to both, but magsorc pvp is squishy and you have to really keep your shields up. Not the best class to start with in my opinion. But good once you get the hang of it.
    PC NA
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    by all means do wait till cp160, no point in farming now, but with the experience boost I'm sure your past 160 by now.
    Necro/Mother's sorrow combo is the best over land combo for pet sorc imo for PVE not sure on PVP

I don't PVP unless there's an event, and I don't last very long on my Sorc, but then again I'm not really applying myself because it doesn't really interest me, pretty sure there's a build somewhere online for PVP Sorc, or you could just earn AP and buy sets from the PVP Zones specifically for PVP since you will need impenetrable trait I believe for that

The game isn't really balanced for both PVE/PVP so I would guess you'll be using slightly different skills/gear

PS-Welcome Back!!!
    Edited by Blinx on December 31, 2021 6:09PM
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My high elf plays with 5 mothers sorrow and 5 mad tinkerers (with inner light slotted) and hits 3k damage, 12k penetration and 50 crit. Whilst these may not be "best in class" stats they are certainly good enough for me, and you get the comic effect when the fabricant comes rolling out :) after all it is supposed to be fun to play.
    Edited by Ragnork on December 31, 2021 6:26PM
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »
    My high elf plays with 5 mothers sorrow and 5 mad tinkerers (with inner light slotted) and hits 3k damage, 12k penetration and 50 crit. Whilst these may not be "best in class" stats they are certainly good enough for me, and you get the comic effect when the fabricant comes rolling out :) after all it is supposed to be fun to play.

<3 Mad Tinkerer's set. Also, I tend to pair it with Julianos, but mostly because I can craft it easily and quickly.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    roll another one