The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[XBOX] Shadow cloak timer issues

wheresbes
wheresbes
✭✭✭✭
Hi, one day I've noticed that the cloak timer started at 2 seconds with all else being equal (max skill level, passives unlocked). I thought it was a change that slipped under my radar, but after searching online I haven't found anything about it. So, I went to the respec shrine, and after resetting the skill and retaking the morph the timer was back at 3 seconds.

I've got again the same issue since a couple of days: now the skill tooltip shows 3 seconds, but the timer ability starts at 2 and this time resetting the skill doesn't seem to work. Will try again though.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the cloak is not working correctly for me.

If this may matter, I use the armoury daily to swap between my pve/pvp build.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 30, 2021 11:23PM
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    If im correct, i believe the buffs round all numbers down on their duration. So it starts at 2.9 seconds which gets rounded down to display 2, once it hits 1.9 it displays 1 and at 0.9 it displays 0. You still get 3 second duration it just shows 0 seconds left when in reality theres 0.9 seconds left.

You can also check with a timer on your phone/watch to see if it is the correct duration or not.
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need to double-check but it actually feels shorter, besides, I'm fairly sure I was seeing a "3" in the timer before. Will do some testing this evening. Ty!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    If im correct, i believe the buffs round all numbers down on their duration. So it starts at 2.9 seconds which gets rounded down to display 2, once it hits 1.9 it displays 1 and at 0.9 it displays 0. You still get 3 second duration it just shows 0 seconds left when in reality theres 0.9 seconds left.

You can also check with a timer on your phone/watch to see if it is the correct duration or not.

Yeh, I'm pretty sure it's just this.

OP, test some other skills

But I think it counts zero as a second, rather than the max amount when you cast it.