The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS5 - problem with using d-pad to repair walls in Cyrodiil, it changes the current highlighted quest

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Yeah, hard to describe this one. Sometimes, and not every time, when I use the d-pad to repair walls or doors of keeps in Cyrodiil, it switches the currently highlighted quest on the quest tracker. The UI makes a little sound each time it cycles so I know this is happening.

I just recently switched from PS4 Pro to PS5 and never had this problem before.

Sometimes it switches multiple times through different quests (just like using the right-pad to cycle through them), one one repair.

Seems like if it was just me I would have seen this before. I am definitely pressing the up arrow and not the right arrow.

Anyone else seen this?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 3, 2021 8:37PM
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I moved to PC - spent years on XBOX, and would sometimes encounter this, but think it is just due to either your D-Pad is dirty (hitting two directions at once), or you are slightly fat fingering it to one side - ‘cause using slottable is up, and switch quest is right IIRC - easy to spam the other?

S.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I moved to PC - spent years on XBOX, and would sometimes encounter this, but think it is just due to either your D-Pad is dirty (hitting two directions at once), or you are slightly fat fingering it to one side - ‘cause using slottable is up, and switch quest is right IIRC - easy to spam the other?

S.

Except, playing on many years PS4 Pro I didn’t see this but on brand new PS5 this is an issue.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been on ps5 since launch and haven't seen this issue. It may be worth checking if your d-pad has an issue/bit of grit caught in it or something
    Soupy twist
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I've been on ps5 since launch and haven't seen this issue. It may be worth checking if your d-pad has an issue/bit of grit caught in it or something

It’s brand new, not a used controller. Are you playing in Cyrodiil? Cause if you aren’t then it’s not applicable.

I think it might be related to the change with combat pets blocking interaction with other things. The keep doors in Cyrodiil are hard to interact with now after that change. You can only get the prompt with the central bar of the door. Some keeps that bar is higher than others and more difficult to interact with.

If I crouch to repair walls the interaction with the keep door is broken. I believe this might be related.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

It’s brand new, not a used controller. Are you playing in Cyrodiil? Cause if you aren’t then it’s not applicable.

I think it might be related to the change with combat pets blocking interaction with other things. The keep doors in Cyrodiil are hard to interact with now after that change. You can only get the prompt with the central bar of the door. Some keeps that bar is higher than others and more difficult to interact with.

If I crouch to repair walls the interaction with the keep door is broken. I believe this might be related.

Yes I do play in Cyrodiil and repair alot of walls and doors (GH on PS EU).
    Soupy twist