The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Repeated ESO+ free item?

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This showcase for December, ESO+ members won't be getting a new item! it's just repeating the same painting we got during November, what gives?
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The special ESO Plus item spans both months. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    The special ESO Plus item spans both months. :disappointed:

Absolutely underwhelming. Year long story meets year long reward ?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather get a nice painting every other month than another statuette.
    PCNA
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice of ZOS to be so generous to their paying customers during the holiday season.

Before comments start, I'm not complaining about not getting more free stuff. I'm pointing out that the last month of the year (which is known for gift giving in lots of cultures) is probably not the best time, from a customer satisfaction perspective, to change your established routine of appreciation gift-giving.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    Nice of ZOS to be so generous to their paying customers during the holiday season.

Before comments start, I'm not complaining about not getting more free stuff. I'm pointing out that the last month of the year (which is known for gift giving in lots of cultures) is probably not the best time, from a customer satisfaction perspective, to change your established routine of appreciation gift-giving.

Actually, this topic was already griped about last month, if I remember correctly, or possibly the month before that, when the previous "free" reward was in the store for longer than prior rewards. This is now being rediscovered and rediscussed as if it were a brand new thing.

I'm not sure if the current release schedule is going to be the new normal, or just a temporary thing, but it seems like maybe it's about 2 items every 3 months, or about 1.5 months per item. That's just a guess; I haven't tried to do any research into the release dates of the recent items.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    LurgidBean wrote: »

Actually, this topic was already griped about last month, if I remember correctly, or possibly the month before that, when the previous "free" reward was in the store for longer than prior rewards. This is now being rediscovered and rediscussed as if it were a brand new thing.

I'm not sure if the current release schedule is going to be the new normal, or just a temporary thing, but it seems like maybe it's about 2 items every 3 months, or about 1.5 months per item. That's just a guess; I haven't tried to do any research into the release dates of the recent items.

Looking back on October & November they were still able to release the Showcase and say "Hey ESO+, look at this new thing coming for you!" Even if they extended the time between rewards, they raised anticipation of getting the next. I believe this is the first time the Showcase didn't showcase anything new for the bonus subscriber gift. Nothing to create any anticipation or buzz. It's not a huge deal, but I find the timing to be odd. Release one more gift in December and starting in January of the next year extend the releases so that you only showcase them a few times a year if that's the path forward.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly the whole showcase felt very lacking and disappointing.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »

But... Arox! An expensive Arox, I am sure, but still, Arox! :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather get a nice painting every other month than another statuette.

It's definitely up to personal taste, but I'll also take a painting 6 times a year versus a statuette 12 times a year.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »

True, and the first showcase this year I think where there wasn’t at least one house brought back for sale… and no crate season returns either… 🤔

Maybe a significant percentage of players are spending time and money elsewhere than games (at least in-game stuff for themselves) from end of November through December? At least that’s the best explanation I can think of as to why there are fewer sales in the game while everywhere else (at least in the U.S.) is advertising all the stuff they have in sale…
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a really nice big painting.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Variety is nice. :) I like many of the statuettes and there are some released before I started playing that I wish I could get, but I also really like the paintings. It would be cool if there was an ESO+ “catalog” of sorts and each month you got a ticket/voucher/whatever and statuettes cost one, paintings two, etc. so people could get the items they like best, long time subs would have most, but newer subs could still get statuettes and other items they would otherwise have missed out on.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess, maybe it was just assumed to be a monthly free item from the ESO plus membership ( the website description just says " free items " currently ). Haven't had a chance to look back and see if it ever was one per month or if this is a new change to the "perks". It is kinda disappointing though to feel shortchanged at the year's end holiday season - not the brightest move by the promotional department.

Araneae6537's idea of a catalogue and voucher system for past items is great - would love to have a choice of this month's and/or a previous month's item. Some kind of Loyalty program may entice players to maintain the Plus status if it had a perk of this type.

Edited by Marcusorion1 on November 29, 2021 9:13PM