The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My crash to desktop is solved. ESO apparently won't run when Windows is in Test Mode

3rdpig
3rdpig
✭✭
Thanks to user FistOfMuffins who had me shift Windows 10 out of Test Mode, which it was in because I need to use an unsigned USB driver for a 3D printer board. If for any reason your version of Windows 10 says "Test Mode" in the lower right corner of the Desktop, or if you're suffering from the crash to desktop at the first Bethesda splays screen, here's the instructions FistofMuffins gave to me that got the game working for me again.

"Open the command prompt, choose run as administrator. Copy and paste these two lines: bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF bcdedit -set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS OFF, then hit enter after each line, and then close the command prompt and restart your computer."

I tried reinstalling the 3D printer driver, which again forced Windows 10 back into Test Mode, and once again the game crashed at the Bethesda splash screen.
  • DumdogsWorld
    Well, this is unfortunate. ESO was one of the last multiplayer games I could play without needing to leave Test Mode. I keep it on 24/7 and use a watermark disabling tool.

Hopefully this isn't intentional, since disabling Test Mode is out of the question for me.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe related to this from the patch notes?

"Implemented additional anti-cheat measures."

I reckon they disabled the ability to run test-signed drivers.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • 3rdpig
    3rdpig
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Maybe related to this from the patch notes?

"Implemented additional anti-cheat measures."

I reckon they disabled the ability to run test-signed drivers.

That would by my guess. And it's not pretty, they know it won't run in Test Mode and didn't bother telling anyone...and in this case "anyone" apparently includes their tech support people and tech forum moderators.