The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If more quests provided a companion, who would you choose as your new NPC companion?

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Razum-dar, I would send him to his death repeatedly.
    You are talking about Raz, if you treated him poorly it would be more likely he would pull the next three rooms and a boss or two on top of you, hide and watch the ensuing pain he caused while cleaning his dagger.
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Augur.

For me, hands down best character in the game. Don't need it to fight or do anything. Just sit in my pack and provide fantastic commentary on the meatbags of Tamriel that we encounter.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That skeleton in the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary that always makes bone puns.

Imagine the dialogue.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »
    I would enjoy Majoll's company. I'm sure he'd crack me up. Plus I feel sorry for him, drowning his sorrows in the Sentinel tavern after Jakarn broke his heart.

Speaking of, Jakarn would be great as well. I'm all for the constant flirting.

This would be mine. I love Steve Blum <3<3. Plus you only see him in the beginner areas then he's never used in a quest again.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Playing since beta...
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    Revus, Revus, Revus. Veya (despite how annoyed I got with her during Summerset). The Wilderqueen. Just about any Alfiq. Elam Drals. Darien's commentary would be fun. Lerexus Novation (the skeleton merchant in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.) Angof the Gravesinger, post-storyline. Caska. Quite a few others I'm forgetting at the moment.

Would almost all of these be lore-breaking as companions? Yes.

Do I care? Not even the slightest. (I mean, if you're playing ESO, where you can do all kinds of things out of order whether you mean to or not, you kinda already have to be willing to turn a blind eye to potentially busting up the lore.)

I like your list and wish to add Fennorian.

Revus would be amazing to travel with.

Elam Drals is about the only Dark Brotherhood member I can stand in this current era, so I wouldn't mind having him. Especially as it would help to have someone for my evil toon who doesn't shy away from the Blade of Woe.

I had also mentioned elam drals. I really like his character and the voice acting. I think he could have a pretty cool back story as he seems to be an interesting character that we haven't seen much of. I would love him for thieving and stabbing things.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would enjoy Majoll's company. I'm sure he'd crack me up. Plus I feel sorry for him, drowning his sorrows in the Sentinel tavern after Jakarn broke his heart.

I was just thinking of jakarn. Haven't seen him in ages, but loved his character.
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    Arox and the Augur :D
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be mine. I love Steve Blum <3<3. Plus you only see him in the beginner areas then he's never used in a quest again.

Jakarn actually shows up in Northern Elsweyr, but you have to have completed the entire main quest there. Then, wander over by that alley near the writ turn in, and he'll practically fall out of the sky.

No, really. He falls out of the sky *(well technically he falls out of a window).
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eveli Sharp Arrow, or Darien. But I think Darien is a lot more relevant in the main stories to be used as a companion... considering his fate before summerset isles.

Right! I remember how shattered I was at the end of the questline for Eveli, a great idea for a companion.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arox, Rynkyus, the Augur, Elam Drals and … Skordo.
    Can I have my Skordo companion, please?
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    Dringoth. I would like someone witty. And it would be a great way to satisfy that wanderlust of his.

Dringoth is one of my favorite NPCs ever and I never see him mentioned. I don't think I'd really want any special NPCs as companions but Dringoth yes. He'd be as perfect of a companion for one of my characters as I could think of
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Zauk_soda
    Zauk_soda
    The Augur.

For me, hands down best character in the game. Don't need it to fight or do anything. Just sit in my pack and provide fantastic commentary on the meatbags of Tamriel that we encounter.

Yeah, wouldn't mind that as an option, he's pretty amusing and would keep me entertained with his random commentary on the various locations we visit.

Someone like Ashur would also be nice, someone a bit snarky and snide who would be fine with me doing the less 'heroic' stuff. Jakarn or Darien would be fun too, and Fennorian ofc.
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want my alt characters to be my companions. And not with useless companion gear, but with the gear I equiped them with when I logged in on them. No quest and storyline needed. I make my own story when I explore the world with them.
    Edited by HertoginJanneke on November 24, 2021 2:37PM
  • DunBheagan
    DunBheagan
    ✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    I wonder why people are still asking for existing NPCs as new companions. It's obvious that it was decided that companions are NPCs that are specifically programmed for their job and are completely unrelated to the world they are found in.

You're right ofc. However, since a romance option with companions was hinted at, I would love to see certain NPCs to become available. My choice would be Verandis Ravenwatch (obviously) and Speaker Terenus (that.voice.)
    One can dream ;)

• tzaeru
    tzaeru
    ✭✭
    Veya Releth, just to limit the damage she's going to be causing around Tamriel.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SerasWhip wrote: »

May include spoilers

After Veya Releth messes up with the Morag Tong and Naryu can't keep her as an apprentice, I would like to be Veya's new mentor and literally level her up a bit smh. Especially after me betraying both the alliances and always being on the run just like her, we would make a great team :D

I wsnt razum darr sooo much has a companion
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    tzaeru wrote: »
    Veya Releth, just to limit the damage she's going to be causing around Tamriel.

or to limit the damage you will be causing her :/