Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If more quests provided a companion, who would you choose as your new NPC companion?

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hildegard or Kor
  • Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something silent, invisible and infinitely small, so it never gets in the way
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Companions would be much more interesting if you could claim quest NPCs or certain townsfolk who favor you as “Generic” Companions. They would not have Rapport perks or additional quests, but they would get a randomized assortment of skill lines from a new list of companion skill lines. Maybe only allow players to have access to 1-2 “generic” companions slots with more slots being purchasable from the Crown Store.

That way you can have your favorite quest NPCs as your companion.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love Mirri and wouldn't trade her off....but I'd trade Bastian for Fennorian in a heartbeat! XD
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I'd prefer that one of the NPC's you do an entire zone quest-line become the companion, not someone i meet and help once and suddenly they devote there lives to me. I just like the idea of a RP reason for them to them stick around.

There's been too many in the many years I've played, so more recently...
    Arox the Mutilator though i think is great, and has a reason to be with you as you rescue him and he pledges to repay you.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, the only NPC in the entire game that I could put up with for any length of time would be Elam Drals. And at that, only if he came with his patented brand of snark....
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why people are still asking for existing NPCs as new companions. It's obvious that it was decided that companions are NPCs that are specifically programmed for their job and are completely unrelated to the world they are found in. Sure, they do have their special locations that were only created for us to encounter our future companions, but that has nothing to do with the zone they are found in. So asking for existing NPCs to be doubled as companions is most likely a bit pointless.
    That's why I'm not asking for Eveli or Gabrielle Benele as future companions (hopefully only after a complete overhaul of the super-annoying leveling and rapport system!).
    Of course we might get Miss Generic Woodelf or Madame Standard Breton at some point.

Existing NPCs might show up as pieces of furniture for us to buy in the crown store, though. There have been a couple of them already.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, canonically it is impossible for Veya Releth to become your companion... However, if I had to choose a future companion, it would undoubtedly be a Shadowscale. They are pro-murder and ironically some of the most polite and charismatic characters in the Elder Scrolls series despite their profession. I was kinda sad when Veezara and another shadowscale from ESO were killed; such likeable characters.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    I wonder why people are still asking for existing NPCs as new companions. It's obvious that it was decided that companions are NPCs that are specifically programmed for their job and are completely unrelated to the world they are found in. Sure, they do have their special locations that were only created for us to encounter our future companions, but that has nothing to do with the zone they are found in. So asking for existing NPCs to be doubled as companions is most likely a bit pointless.
    That's why I'm not asking for Eveli or Gabrielle Benele as future companions (hopefully only after a complete overhaul of the super-annoying leveling and rapport system!).
    Of course we might get Miss Generic Woodelf or Madame Standard Breton at some point.

Existing NPCs might show up as pieces of furniture for us to buy in the crown store, though. There have been a couple of them already.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, I believe existing quest NPCs would make better companions in comparison to the ones that are designated to be companions. It makes more sense to give hand to hand with someone who actually went through stuff with you multiple times rather than a random NPC joining you for life after one small favour.

I wouldn't call anything impossible at this point. If you look at my 5 old cringy discussions you will see that I spent quite a lot of energy on the idea of ''Alliance Change'' which was highly opposed at the time and deemed ''impossible'' but hey, it happened eventually. I also proposed the idea of Romance which again, faced a similar kind of feedback but now the devs are on it for the next update or so. Lastly, the ''optional no-alliance for Imperials'' is being discussed yet again which I have also proposed years back and didn't get attention at the time.

I am not saying that these changes are made because of me, on the contrary, if someone brings up an idea that a good bunch of players advocate for, then it seems to be included in the game. And the NPC companions that you get from some usual quests seem to be quite liked at the moment :)
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Well, canonically it is impossible for Veya Releth to become your companion...

We were just discussing the canon side of having Veya as a companion and I see nothing lore-breaking about it, as if you choose to kill her on the Vvardenfell quest she already doesn't appear on the ''next quest'' (as far as I understood). The same thing would occur if you choose to have her as a companion, she just wouldn't show up on the quest.
    Finedaible wrote: »
    However, if I had to choose a future companion, it would undoubtedly be a Shadowscale. They are pro-murder and ironically some of the most polite and charismatic characters in the Elder Scrolls series despite their profession. I was kinda sad when Veezara and another shadowscale from ESO were killed; such likeable characters.

Yeah, I get that, sometimes it really hits hard to see your favourite characters die, especially if you have to kill them yourself.

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been off the forums for a few weeks, so I'm thrilled to see all the Arox love in this thread.

And yes, the answer is Arox the Mutilator.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would enjoy Majoll's company. I'm sure he'd crack me up. Plus I feel sorry for him, drowning his sorrows in the Sentinel tavern after Jakarn broke his heart.

Speaking of, Jakarn would be great as well. I'm all for the constant flirting.
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    Glarthir from ES4: Oblivion. He is paranoia personified.

"We can't talk here, too public."
    "I've identified him as one of my KEEYYY SUSPECTS!"
    "He watches my house constantly, You'll see!"
    "You like GOLD, don't you? Lots and lots of gold."

For actual ESO characters though, I think Pacrooti the merchant would be fun.
    Arox would be awesome just for the dialog.
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    :'( can i save king Dynar?he is so poor....or heal Melar Sadus.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't think of a single person I'd want around on a daily basis. I'd love someone with Abnur Tharn's haughty wit maybe.
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revus, Revus, Revus. Veya (despite how annoyed I got with her during Summerset). The Wilderqueen. Just about any Alfiq. Elam Drals. Darien's commentary would be fun. Lerexus Novation (the skeleton merchant in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.) Angof the Gravesinger, post-storyline. Caska. Quite a few others I'm forgetting at the moment.

Would almost all of these be lore-breaking as companions? Yes.

Do I care? Not even the slightest. (I mean, if you're playing ESO, where you can do all kinds of things out of order whether you mean to or not, you kinda already have to be willing to turn a blind eye to potentially busting up the lore.)
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master wishes for Arox the Mutilator!

You've heard us ZOS...

Make it so! :wink:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    Norgred Hardhelm the naked nord. Seems like a good laugh and less fussy than the 2 companions we’ve got just now.

He probably wouldn't care if you accidentally killed bugs or small critters.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uvi_AUT wrote: »
    There is only one answer to that question, and of course its SEREYNE!
    yim24pg5l7971.png?auto=webp&s=ad36ed629f02e1a366bc74cbc7d3d8ce095e26ac

Not even a competition there.

This one is torn - on the one paw, it’d be wonderful to have Sereyne as companion. But on the other paw, this one would like her to be checked into the Elswyr Liver Wellness Centre….

One would think she'd have pretty nasty breath weapon though :s
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arox is a funny idea. +1 :D Love this little rat.
    At the end it was a bit sad, just because the story is over. I would love to have him permanent involved in the game. Even if it would just be him, who hands out dailys. Would do them more often, or at all after the 30 are done, i guess. :D
    He could turn back to his old shape randomly in boss fights :D just like a ultimate.
    Of course he needs much more survivability than our underlings now. Would be heartbreaking to see him dying at a random mammoth in the open world.

Other than that, Mirabelle Motierre ^^
    qlIYHK6.jpg

• Nezyr_Jezz
    Nezyr_Jezz
    ✭✭✭
    Pfffff...

Companions. Scourge of the ESO locations and frames per second. An RP gimmic adding nothing but lag to the game. One of the biggest failures of ESO in years. Instead of bringing quality impovements, you got a max 4k dps NPC which hardly is ever useful and on top of that removes all the mobs from your AOE. Gooodaaajooooobaaaaa.
    Edited by Nezyr_Jezz on November 22, 2021 10:03AM
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nezyr_Jezz wrote: »
    Pfffff...

Companions. Scourge of the ESO locations and frames per second. An RP gimmic adding nothing but lag to the game. One of the biggest failures of ESO in years. Instead of bringing quality impovements, you got a max 4k dps NPC which hardly is ever useful and on top of that removes all the mobs from your AOE. Gooodaaajooooobaaaaa.

On the other hand, as a predominantly solo player I'm, happy to have Mirri around healing me. And my mage characters quite like Bastian getting in there as a tank. Plus I quite like them as personalities also.

So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nezyr_Jezz wrote: »
    Pfffff...

It sounds to me like you should build your companion better. If you want them to be a dps for example, use a melee weapon or ice staff so they don't pull adds.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 22, 2021 12:20PM
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adusa Daro…. I love her
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capt. Caudex - Imperial City DLC
    Rigurt The Brash
    Arox The Mutilator
    Knave of Rooks - Member of the Black feather Court
    Abnur Tharn
    The Drunk orc from Greymoor
    There's a few others i just cant think of their names
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hogondar Hammerhurl. He may not look like it, but he's a lonely nord. He has no woman and no friends. But he has the Undaunted song!
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Revus, Revus, Revus. Veya (despite how annoyed I got with her during Summerset). The Wilderqueen. Just about any Alfiq. Elam Drals. Darien's commentary would be fun. Lerexus Novation (the skeleton merchant in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.) Angof the Gravesinger, post-storyline. Caska. Quite a few others I'm forgetting at the moment.

Yeah right? I think it is always those kinda obscure characters that clicks with you and that you want to have as a companion. I would especially like to see the characters that are talented but inexperienced as companions, it would make more sense as you level them up and stuff. Lena Dalvel from Shad Astula would also make a great companion imo.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daahin the Khajiit bard in Rimmen. Voiced by Emily O'Brien. This one would pay many crowns to have Daahin as a companion.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would almost all of these be lore-breaking as companions? Yes.

Do I care? Not even the slightest. (I mean, if you're playing ESO, where you can do all kinds of things out of order whether you mean to or not, you kinda already have to be willing to turn a blind eye to potentially busting up the lore.)

I like your list and wish to add Fennorian.

Revus would be amazing to travel with.

Elam Drals is about the only Dark Brotherhood member I can stand in this current era, so I wouldn't mind having him. Especially as it would help to have someone for my evil toon who doesn't shy away from the Blade of Woe.

Edited by Wolf_Eye on November 22, 2021 11:22PM
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eveli Sharp Arrow, or Darien. But I think Darien is a lot more relevant in the main stories to be used as a companion... considering his fate before summerset isles.