The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

now that we can see Companion's damage output

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed a few things... If you don't have any Focused items they do not critical strike, ever. Their natural base Critical Strike is ZERO, nada, nothing! My companion has 7% medium armor, 7% aggressive, 3% passive increased damage (+17%) and 7 Shattered (9100 Penetration), still does not do full damage listed on abilities. I thought maybe the penetration amount was off so I raised it from 7 items (9100) to 8 (10400) and losing 1% aggressive, it did considerably less damage so that wasn't the problem. Here's what shows up:

Ability - Listed Damage / Actual damage
Warp Strike - 8946 / 8815
Life Siphon - 4473 / 4407
Razor Cape - 1789 / 1763
Impeccable Shot - 26839 / 26445
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to post your findings.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do we see that?
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    How do we see that?

Must be in the update we get next week.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    How do we see that?

They just started showing up recently in the past month, I think it came with an update patch. Oddly enough I have pet/companion combat text numbers turned off, but they still show up for me anyway so I went with it.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but still quickened is propably the best trait
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is both a happy and sad thing.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to know if anyone out there has a companion with full Aggressive (20%) to show their numbers as I don't have the funds to test that out seeing a single non-weapon costs 700k upwards to 2 million per item. As a solo (guildless) player it takes me about 10-12 days to generate 1 million gold. I'm not wasting that to test this out in comparison, so if anyone else out there can provide their outcome it would be appreciated. From the looks of it though, all out Aggressive may be not as useful as it seems, but will still cost plenty just based on speculation of power vs actual output.

For what I do is mostly dolmens, delves, and public dungeons 9100 penetration and 7% aggressive (2 epic weapons, 3 superior jewelry) is perfect when commonly encountering large group of mobs. While it works great for short encounters, taking on group dungeons or boss types though it doesn't work out as well in longer fights. When they added companion combat text numbers to show up, it doesn't seem to reflect at all what I was expecting their actual output to do. Quickened is definitely the way to go in long fights as they get more actions per minute, spend less time auto attacking.

I also updated my companion stuff post on the critical strike info, it really is sad they don't have any base critical strike at all. I had assumed they would have at the very least 10% base, but that's a nope!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/589985/
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because other traits are underpowered. They should buff other traits
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure you could see companion damage before if you had Pet Damage numbers on?