The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Travelling draw my weapons

Saylvin
Saylvin
✭✭
Hello,

Since the last small maintenance in the middle of the week, I notice a new strange behavior.
When I travel to a different region or when I enter a cave (or when I leave it) and when I log in, it draws my weapons.
This does not happen when I travel in the same region.

In the long run, it becomes annoying.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 6, 2021 4:31PM
  • Saylvin
    Saylvin
    ✭✭
    Hello,

I was hoping that the patch would solve my problem, but no, it's still there.
    Options
  • Telvannisaurus_Graax
    Telvannisaurus_Graax
    Soul Shriven
    Hi,

This recently began happening to me as well, though I'm not so sure if a maintenance patch had anything to do with it.
    It only affects my main character. None of my alts act like this, not even if I reordered any of them to the top of my character list in the character selection screen.

Not sure if it's related, but I think it only started for me after doing a few Dungeon runs with a friend. Prior to that, I've almost never touched group dungeons. There was one run in particular that glitched my character into becoming unreviveable after I accidentally jumped over a ledge to my death in panic.

Or maybe it was when my connection dropped in the middle of a Dungeon run, which caused me to log back out to the login splash screen mid combat. Which might explain why my main character keeps drawing his weapons upon entering any area. I dunno.
    Options
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What platform?

I'm not having this on PC NA.
    PC NA
    Options
  • Telvannisaurus_Graax
    Telvannisaurus_Graax
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on PC-NA.

My friend with whom I Dungeoned with is also on PC-NA, and has this issue as well.
    Options
  • Saylvin
    Saylvin
    ✭✭
    yes I forgot to specify, I am on PC EU.

Thank you for your answers, I feel less alone all of a sudden
    Options
  • Telvannisaurus_Graax
    Telvannisaurus_Graax
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone, I hadn't really noticed exactly when, but it seems this issue has been fixed for me since sometime last month. Probably via one of the game's updates.
    Options
  • Telvannisaurus_Graax
    Telvannisaurus_Graax
    Soul Shriven
    It's been awhile, but i finally figured it out.

It's the "Cutting Defense" Warfare CP skill that's the cause. As long as you have it slotted on your CP bar, loading in to places will almost always pull your weapon out.
    Options