The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sneak speed penalty reductions are broken

• HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak speed bonuses broken, crit damage from Sneak cut in half. Still broken as of Dec. 16. My Nightblade feels like a broken class that goes unfixed.

Seriously, it's time to find a new game. Can't think of any reason to renew subscription.

Thanks for the memories?

All of that along with a myriad of other issues is exactly why I cancelled my subscription and quit playing a week ago. Seriously regretting subbing for 3 months a month ago. Hoping the game might finally be playable again in 6 to 12 months.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we have been asking for faster sneak speeds for YEARS, but recently with this lates patch i see sneak speeds are now even SLower.
    i thought that with microsoft buying out eso from zenimax that stuff would change but it hasnt.
    eso is just broken and i dont think that is going to change.
    Edited by Gilvoth on December 16, 2021 9:54PM
  • Mackinsar
    Mackinsar
    ✭✭✭
    Night’s Silence is STILL broken! Where is the big fix?
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, it's been broken since the redo of the champion points tree. Annoying as hell as my stealth speed is one of my biggest advantages.

keip47gv5qca.jpg
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suspect this is a feature, not a bug, which is why there has been no fix.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update (cross-link) for anyone who finds this thread instead of the main thread for this bug, there was a ZoS post on January 27 (2022) indicating that the devs have found the problem and are working on a fix. No ETA yet, and the fix is not mentioned in the Ascending Flame U33 PTS patch notes yet.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[Edited to remove Quitting Post]

[snip]

In any event, my BROKEN Sneak Speed -- with Champion Points buff and Movement buff and Bosmer movement buff -- equals 70 percent sneak speed? Seriously? Before the update it was 100% Sneak Speed.

Again, also mentioning the From-Sneak Damage Crit has been halved. Reason unknown except I suspect the Crit Damage Cap messed it up.

All Nightblades should always have 100 percent movement speed in Sneak because Sneak is the bread-and-butter of being a Nightblade. In addition so is the big From-Sneak Crit which has been reduced by at least half. Both of these things are class-defining characteristics and BOTH are bugged -- for months.

There is certainly an alternative to this or any game that continuously creates bugs and go unfixed.

(I even stopped reporting "Stuck in Combat" since it is apparent that they have no ability or desire to fix this game-breaking bug prevalent in Cyrodiil.) (Or the 0 Stamina bug.) (Or the three-seconds-to-enter-Sprint bug.) The list goes on and on.

[Edited for Discussion of Moderation Action]
    Edited by Psiion on February 4, 2022 3:00AM
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 months and still a set you invest mats into heavily, and time into researching is STILL not working... is it because it's a base game set that comes with game and not one hidden behind a paywall??

I bet if Bahsei wasn't working it would be patched within the hour...

Let's not forget ZoS... we PAID for the original game...
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update (cross-link) for anyone who finds this thread instead of the main thread for this bug, there was a ZoS post on January 27 (2022) indicating that the devs have found the problem and are working on a fix. No ETA yet, and the fix is not mentioned in the Ascending Flame U33 PTS patch notes yet.

Don't hold your breathe on this one. It's not a DLC or expansion set - so it's really no benefit to get this one fixed.

I'd just like my mats reimbursing in full on all my pieces I break down of it. I'm at least 7 sets deep into it ... all upgraded too. So I'd like a 100% return on those mats since this isn't my fault, but actually the fault is within the game code itself.
  • MythicSnake
    MythicSnake
    ✭✭
    Very frustrating that they haven't fixed this yet. I wasn't aware of the issue, so I just spent time, mats, and glyphs on this for a new build on my main. Then after testing it out, I thought I had done something wrong so I spent 3000G to re-spec my CPs, thinking that maybe Fleet Phantom was overriding it or competing with it somehow. That didn't work, so I spent another 3000G to respec again to see if Fleet Phantom works if I remove the armor (it doesn't). So I'm out at least 6000G and a bunch of mats and time, when this has been a KNOWN issue for months??? I get that they probably have everybody working on High Isle right now, but if you host a game with average 400K population and 20M subscribers, why can't you hire enough devs to fix known issues? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No mention of a fix in the patch notes, once again. :s
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    No mention of a fix in the patch notes, once again. :s

That's only fair, since the problem hasn't been addressed at all.

SINCE NOVEMBER.

Not like it's been a quarter of a year. Oh, wait.

I guess I should stash my current set of gold Night Silence for the next couple of decades until someone gets around to fixing this mess. I'm sure my stamina characters will be just as well served in the majicka-centric Shadow Dancer set.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PTS patch 7.3.2 Nights Silence is still not fixed
    PC EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have switched to Shadow Dancer set. I am tired of waiting...

https://eso-sets.com/set/shadow-dancers-raiment
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage
    (5 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery, Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

What is very odd though is Night’s Silence used to work in no CP, as it was not treated as a proc set... but Shadow Dancer appeared IS treated as a procset, as it does not work in no-cp pvp campaigns. Both of those sets have same effect, but apparently, they are coded differently lol...
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly though, shadow dancer is really only worthwhile on mag toons - Night's Silence was great for stamblades when sneaking around and roleplaying a rogue class... Sad that it's been broken with seemingly no effort to fix for so long now. Like I stated before - had this been a set that was behind a paywall (such as Bahsei, False God etc) it would have been a top priority fix... I think we should accept that Night Silence is now a redundant set and deconstruct it - and remove it from crafting halls...
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Night's Silence remains broken. Going on a year now......
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's so good in Night Silence? For roleplaying sneaking stealing seems better to be Vampire to ignore the penalty, with Night Mother's Embrace 5pcs and Night Terror 3 pcs. As for "Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking", they do it to zero or minus - NPCs like town guards see nothing, one can steal everything in front of a guard.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    What's so good in Night Silence? For roleplaying sneaking stealing seems better to be Vampire to ignore the penalty, with Night Mother's Embrace 5pcs and Night Terror 3 pcs. As for "Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking", they do it to zero or minus - NPCs like town guards see nothing, one can steal everything in front of a guard.

I do stealing on my main toon so I don’t want the extra fire damage on her when she is dps-ing. I don’t roleplay.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is still quite broken.
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is a known issue, then. :-/ I was wondering why Fleet Phantom didn't seem to do anything other than prevent me from spending 40 CP somewhere else...
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    THEY FIXXED IT!! :D
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like it, anyhow.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only fixed on PC, not on consoles.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA