The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Blackwood Event Progress Bar: BRAVO Alt-o-holics & Players!

GuildedLilly
GuildedLilly
✭✭✭
We're already 22% towards the final goal, and it's just the 1ST day of the event :) If we keep up this momentum, I think we'll have a new record for fastest 100% on a global player base goal. Thanks to everyone who helped get us off to such a strong start!
Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be more telling tomorrow. The 22% isn't really indicative of momentum, just all the people with Blackwood who have already completed the content on at least 1 character. I expect people will need to discover the locales on a few characters for this to complete in a timely manner.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, figured we would start out higher than that.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't it at least around 40 percents last time the first day?

Seriously doubt a lot of people would actually go out of their way and do it again on alts or create some just for that, but may depend if people actually believe that some not disclosed goal even exists.
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    I still remember the Summerset event... I think we started off at 14% for that one. 22% is a definite improvement. Also-- this is the first player base event where contributions are counted once per character, not once per server--which means the number of contributions we're trying to hit is probably an order of magnitude bigger than anything before. I think we're off to a great start :)
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • Gambino108
    Gambino108
    ✭✭✭
    The progress bar is just a marketing tool.

There's never a chance we won't reach the end goal and ZOS refuse to hand out any rewards and say we all failed.

That's why the progress is arbitrary. It's a basic age old marketing trick to get people to participate.

Göllum - PC-EU
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the community effort type of events. I am planning to gear up some alts for it.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will wait with doing it on all of my alts till near end of the event, most striking locales are near wayshrine so it will not take 2 long to do it. On that note for an event start it felt weird that WB can last more than 10 seconds, Elsweyr event they lasted barely 3-4 sec and FPS dropped really low. Guess not many players own Blackwood.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gambino108 wrote: »

There's never a chance we won't reach the end goal and ZOS refuse to hand out any rewards and say we all failed.

That's why the progress is arbitrary. It's a basic age old marketing trick to get people to participate.

Shhh...That's supposed to be top secret!
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll probably get to the end percentage either way. I can't see our producer denying it at the last minute and dealing with the reactions.

I still don't have Blackwood and cannot participate (choice), but I am a bit confused why Blackwood has an event only shortly after being released..wouldn't it be an anniversary that would be more fitting?

• Gambino108
    Gambino108
    ✭✭✭

Shhh...That's supposed to be top secret!

Could you imagine lol.

ZOS - ''Sorry guys, only reached 85% - not enough people seem to be playing our game during the community event. Such a shame. We have cancelled all rewards and just pray that next event more people come back to our game and contribute - Fingers Crossed!''
    Göllum - PC-EU
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamdarius wrote: »
    I will wait with doing it on all of my alts till near end of the event, most striking locales are near wayshrine so it will not take 2 long to do it. On that note for an event start it felt weird that WB can last more than 10 seconds, Elsweyr event they lasted barely 3-4 sec and FPS dropped really low. Guess not many players own Blackwood.

I was planing on working through dailies on alts, so I will likely just snag the locales while I am there as well.

What I really want to do is grind Silent Halls for the fragments, but can't go anywhere near that place until they fix it.
  • Azphel
    Azphel
    ✭✭✭
    It's a marketing campaign aimed at those who haven't bought Blackwood.

The progress bar will reach the undisclosed 100% well before the event ends. No need for anyone who bought Blackwood to do anything they wouldn't normally do. If you like running around on alts - great, have fun! All that matters is the purchase.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azphel wrote: »

The progress bar will reach the undisclosed 100% well before the event ends. No need for anyone who bought Blackwood to do anything they wouldn't normally do. If you like running around on alts - great, have fun! All that matters is the purchase.

Well that's a sad thought.
    I feel as if it's a bad choice from the producer to put it behind Blackwood, but I might just be a minority.
    Either way I'm feeling a bit distant from it all.
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »

I feel as if it's a bad choice from the producer to put it behind Blackwood, but I might just be a minority.

It is true though.

At least blackwood is on sale. I can finally afford to make my other 4 accounts current on chapters.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It may be sad, but it's completely true. ESO doesn't exist to make people happy; it exists to make people money. Those people aren't us.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're already 22% towards the final goal, and it's just the 1ST day of the event :) If we keep up this momentum, I think we'll have a new record for fastest 100% on a global player base goal. Thanks to everyone who helped get us off to such a strong start!

pleaaaaaase... like... of course this event will succeed... you can't imagine such a big fail and lack of interest in new, amazing chapter, right?
    Edited by hands0medevil on September 30, 2021 4:35PM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feels like a dumb question to ask, but where is the link to the progress page?

I looked back through the event announcement article in the News section and can't see to find it (but I may have overlooked it).
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭

I looked back through the event announcement article in the News section and can't see to find it (but I may have overlooked it).

Here you go: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/bountiesofblackwood
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I own Blackwood but haven't done the achievement. Good thing I hace 17 characters :grin:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    moonsister wrote: »

Here you go: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/bountiesofblackwood

Thank you kindly!

Gimmick or not, I do enjoy checking the daily progress bar update LOL
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d laugh so hard if we didn’t hit the goal
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

That depends on how high they set the bar. (And no, I don't think that the whole idea of the bar existing at all is a marketing gimmick; I think they really do set some sort of goal for themselves and the playerbase.)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Gambino108
    Gambino108
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

That depends on how high they set the bar. (And no, I don't think that the whole idea of the bar existing at all is a marketing gimmick; I think they really do set some sort of goal for themselves and the playerbase.)

It's a gimmick for the fact that it will reach 100% regardless of what we all do. There is no situation where we don't succeed, we aren't congratulated as a community by ZOS for contributing, and the Rewards aren't gifted to us for taking part.
    Göllum - PC-EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The first rule of Marketing Club is not to talk about Marketing Club. :disappointed:

Go out and get Blackwood Pathfinder. You'll thank me later. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's 100% a marketing tool to coincide with Blackwood being on sale (reduced price) for the first time.
    But I still did the pathfinder achievement on 6 toons on Monday and my other 6 on Tuesday, just so I can concentrate on doing the dailies for reward boxes and tickets :D
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has so far instructed all of her khajiit apprentices to complete the task and so far only Winkworth has not yet done so. The non khajiit apprentices will also complete the task during the event. Making a full 18 of us by the end of it all, if we do not reach the 100% target first.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll probably get to the end percentage either way. I can't see our producer denying it at the last minute and dealing with the reactions.

I still don't have Blackwood and cannot participate (choice), but I am a bit confused why Blackwood has an event only shortly after being released..wouldn't it be an anniversary that would be more fitting?

This event exists solely to sell Blackwood while it is still a chapter. There will be Anniversary events later.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

It's a gimmick for the fact that it will reach 100% regardless of what we all do. There is no situation where we don't succeed, we aren't congratulated as a community by ZOS for contributing, and the Rewards aren't gifted to us for taking part.

The problem with that theory is that the only way to prove it is by the majority of the playerbase to agree not to work toward the goal at all to see how it affects the progress bar, and continue to refuse to work toward the goal until the deadline fails with the progress bar below 100%-- and the playerbase will never let that happen, so your theory is essentially unprovable.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll do it at least with one character JUST IN CASE there's some spaghetti-code that accidentally blocks receiving the reward if you never participated.

And I assume it's related to a dye or something on its own.
    PC NA
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, like Blackwood doesn't really have anything that interests me, even at half off. Combined with some of ZoS's recent decisions and customer support interactions I just cant be bothered to purchase anything from them atm.