Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Toxic players are abusing symbols in their nicknames to prevent reports!

• L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know indeed what you mean. But this picture is not a case of that "ß" is easy to type. But there is indeed people abusing custom symbols or my absolute favorites are those:"IllllllIlllIllIlIll" Now tell me, what an "L" and whats an "i".

Luckily Miats PvP Alerts add the KillFeed, there you can click on names and report them directly.
    Edited by L_Nici on September 30, 2021 9:44PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    Froil wrote: »
    Honey those aren't "custom symbols" they're actually characters in other languages. You can type all of those on an QWERTY keyboard, like ß, which is a German letter.

Exactly. What is most funny, English with Latin are probably only two European languages that do not have unique letters ^^

Plus, why do you think they are t-bagging with intention of insult? I rarely pvping but taking a place, especially in stealth, above killed enemy to prevent from res, make sense for me ^^

Well, they might be in another language but what I meant is that it's a pain to report these people. I can't minimize the game whenever this happens to do research about foreign languages and change my keyboard layout in order to send a single report.

And three people standing on a corpse spamming crouch for 5 mins just for stealth? Actually, I have a record of this happening and I like to share it but I can't because their names are visible in the video, and because of nonsense ZOS rules about naming and shaming, I can't do it, unfortunately. What I wanted to do is to send the video to the ZOS through a report and let them decide, but I don't know how to do that because I have to include a nickname in the report form, and I don't know how to type this thing...

EDIT: also, why were you spending 5 minutes in death, instead of res at base?

My thought as well. If someone doesn't respawn I stealth next to them or a little off to the side waiting for what I believe to be the inevitable ally coming to their aid. If it's a group of dead I'll begin to search for nearby camps as well. I'm not about to let them get back on their feet and undo all the effort required in putting them down.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Saxhleel
    Saxhleel
    ✭✭✭
    They are just being childish. Repeatedly spamming crouch may be annoying, but nothing to ban over really. If they are continually doing it, that may be a problem however.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy" — Dagoth Ur

• Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we had a pvp tbag title. What the main problem here is that some people are overly sensitive, to put it nicely. Reporting non issues has got to slow down progress in fixing real issues of harrasment. Who has time to go through reports of petty complants? If it hurts your feelings to have someone tbag your toon then either laugh it off or stay away from pvp. Btw the way in your first post OP you were bashing and need to be reported.LOL
    Edited by Roztlin45 on October 1, 2021 2:20AM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People should grow [snip] up. T-bagging is what we did in halo 2 as teenagers 17 years ago. Was funny then with friends, but now as an adult, and playing against people you don't know, it is just poor etiquette.

At times I've died outnumbered in a bg and someone t-bags, I've just whispered them and said "we are going to be on a team at some point, it doesn't make sense to make enemies with potential teammates."

People normally apologize and then voila, next game we are on a team and I'll throw some heals their way and save their butt. Wouldn't otherwise if they were a jerk about it.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 1, 2021 12:30PM
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    T-Bagging ON a dead body IS offensive.

To prevent this: If somebody in PvP dies, ZOS please
    put a 100k oblivion damage rune on the dead body with a radius of 2m,
    which explodes if somebody t-bags in that radius. Problem solved. B)

Edited by BalticBlues on October 1, 2021 3:50AM
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    "IllllllIlllIllIlIll" Now tell me, what an "L" and whats an "i".

lol only the first of a word can be uppercase and only 2 of the same can be in a row. so thats just not possible with only l's and i's

• Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    GorHanis wrote: »
    Sadly PVP is toxic, in all games. [snip]

[qoute]Well, they might be in another language...[/qoute]

LOL, migh be... that is another language, so education alert too.

First, try to understand what's the topic [snip], I was not complaining about anything, and if you reread my post, you'll see that I was talking to ZOS directly. [snip] In case you didn't understand what the topic is, I'm asking for a QoL feature here. All I say is reporting a player must be easier than this.

You made a public post and people are giving you public answers. I don't understand how people can get so mad over tbagging lol. Like seriously it gives you an option to leave, why not take it? If you didn't sit there people wouldn't be able to do it. If you don't like that type of play then don't enter a PCP zone because that is always the result.

Heck I even tbagg my wife if I killed her in games or even if she died doing pve content. My whole guild does it we laugh and move on..... Why so serious with the I gotta report for this? Like seriously you have the power to just leave lol

You tbag your wife for 5 minutes? Your whole guild piles on and tbags for 5 minutes, preventing your wife from playing the game while the whole guild laughs? Or did you miss that extended time period in the one post? Doing it at all is childish, immature, and frankly rather stupid, but doing it and moving on is, while not exactly the apex of mature adult behavior, at least innocuous. Doing it for an extended period of time is intentionally interfering with other players.

Did you know that tbagging someone doesn't prevent them from getting ressed?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 1, 2021 12:31PM
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woah.

The point here being lost is you saying it's too much effort to report them.

I think you need a reality check.

You have a screenshot. You have a video.

You can create a report in game or online on you phone etc..

You could use a different topic submission then reply via email etc ...

Most reports are generic and elicit an auto reply anyway. It's not til you reply via email does it get looked at properly in my experience.

So instead of making a thread, ask them politely to stop. If they do not. Release, screenshot and contact zos.

Simples
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also if on PS4/5 there's a recently played with or met category on the friends section. You can report them there to Sony directly. But also get their name details etc.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T-Bagging ON a dead body IS offensive.

To prevent this: If somebody in PvP dies, ZOS please
    put a 100k oblivion damage rune on the dead body with a radius of 2m,
    which explodes if somebody t-bags in that radius. Problem solved. B)

No
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't bag, but I don't let it bother me either.....I Laugh and let them waste their time camping my body...some actually are creative ....the single file line with each bagging once and going to the back of the line is great, dance circles, oil pots on my body, push ups..[snip]...they are pixels..it does not hurt me or impact me in anyway..if it did I could just rez up and get back at it...IMHO there is far too much reporting in PvP and way too many times it is used as revenge for killing/farming people..I have had some hilarious toon names reported by salty players and guilds ..and even one Guild name that I was forced to change after 3 years because it was reported by some people with hurt feelings....in the end, just rez..if it goes beyond bagging then the story may change.....but you can control when you rez, you don't have to sit and take it if it triggers you that much.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 1, 2021 12:32PM
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People should grow [snip] up. T-bagging is what we did in halo 2 as teenagers 17 years ago.

Believe it or not, some people are still teenagers.

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of the responses in this thread is exactly why Cyodiil is completely empty, dead as a dodo.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the responses in this thread is exactly why Cyodiil is completely empty, dead as a dodo.

Because this thread is completely neglecting PvP, making useless unprovoked changes & unplayably laggy?
    Lmfao

• Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If cyrodil is empty it has to do with lag/people not enjoying the current iteration of the game.

If you stop playing pvp because someone tbagged you, then you honestly did the right thing. Pvp isn't for everyone.

I agree that if it actually turns into them sending tells ect continuing to harass you, then yes it's a problem. But this is just an issue where you are being sensitive over a virtual thing.
  • smallhammer
    smallhammer
    ✭✭
    Why oh why do people take offence from something as childish as t-bagging? [snip] Should you really bother? It's just a game after all.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 2, 2021 1:33PM