The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

StormFist

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
In Volenfell today, my Stormfist set did more damage than my Biting Jabs against the Guardians Spark, Strength and Soul.

Biting Jabs: Total damage 219232 16.2% of damage max damage 4K
Stormfist: Total damage 223131 16.5% of damage max damage 14k

This has never happened to me before.

This normal for monster sets?

Or Am I a bad player?

Tanks
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to know more about your build. The set scales off weapon and spell damage so if you have a lot of it that set will be punching pretty high. However, if you have a normal amount, and you don't have a lot of stamina, I can see jabs hitting lower than a monster set over the course of a parse.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe Jabs only does full damage against nearest target, while Stormfist does full damage against all targets in its grip. So if Stormfist was hitting 2 or 3 of the bosses at once, it could start to add up.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Need to know more about your build. The set scales off weapon and spell damage so if you have a lot of it that set will be punching pretty high. However, if you have a normal amount, and you don't have a lot of stamina, I can see jabs hitting lower than a monster set over the course of a parse.

Hey @Vevvev

Running in Imperial Templar.

Recently hearing about all the hybrid stuff dumped attributes equally into stam and magicka (32/32) my stam and magicka are in mid 20s when potion buffed (sugar skulls)

Running Hunding's Rage (but don't think that matters). Same with Mundus stone and enchantments, skills like Rally being up right?

I have just never seen stormfist do do so much. Metrics said it went off 18 times.

@Dagoth_Rac good point - those three bosses where grouped together. Of course Mirri died a few seconds in....thanks Mirri

Tanks for the thots!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biting Jabs gets about half of its power from maximum stamina and about half from weapon damage stat. Stormfist gets all its power from the higher of weapon damage or spell damage. So if you reduced max stamina without changing weapon/spell damage stats, you reduced damage of Biting Jabs without reducing damage of Stormfist.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hybrid stuff works in the vein that a pure build can use an off resource costing ability and it wouldn't be worthless. Splitting your resource pools like this is leading to this disparity where Stormfist is beating jabs.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK