The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Bahsei's problem

Susurrus
Susurrus
✭✭✭
So hybridizing is interesting, but I just noticed bahsei's 5 piece still grants 15% more damage if your magicka is low. Given the other stats are hybrid, this will make Bahsei's absolutely bis for stamina builds who can essentially have 0 magicka at all times without penalty.

In other news, I worry all dps chars will run the same sets... Bahsei's and Relequen (perhaps tzogvin) and the kilt. So much for diversity? What are your thoughts?
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is always gunna be a meta. Always, and meta doesn’t mean just one set. It means what’s best in slot for that situation. I wouldn’t worry too much about every dd running the same, it’s going to happen, unless a bunch of sets give out the exact same numbers, for example people will always find out which one will do 0.04% extra. :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah the set, not the boss. Bahsei stole my dang lunch money, and I want it back.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah the set, not the boss. Bahsei stole my dang lunch money, and I want it back.

Yeah I was going to suggest, "anger issues" but wrong topic.
    PC NA
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For pve it's literally impossible to avoid a meta set combination because it's entirely based on math, hybridization of sets makes it a tiny bit simpler, but that situation has always existed.

There's a reason stam dps have all used Relequen for 3 years straight. DPS parses by very nature are designed for a specific dummy humping scenario of assuming if all conditions were ideal. What is the highest possible DPS you can and what set combination (no matter how conditional) would it take to get there.

Sometimes the difference is so small, like we're talking 0.5% to 4% dps difference, which allows players to be a little more versatile when they consider the circumstances of the fights they're going into.

I'd personally ditch 2% dps if it meant I had 10% better sustain or my DPS is close to max, 10% more of the time because fights are a little more complicated then that.

1 things for sure though.. pairing a critical damage cap with the hybridization of set changes allows us to continue being more flexible with set choice because some builds will reach cap quicker than others. It's actually more diverse than it is on live.

You also still have situations like Tzogvin/Medusa vs Mother's Sorrow/Advancing Yokeda where maybe you want to ditch casting Barbed Trap entirely to be 100% ranged or maybe you don't. Then the Kilt being not very useful for solo/4 man content and some trials. Then Relequen/Bahsei being conditional bonuses that can be annoying to play with at times.

So while a meta will always exist, considering the context of the fight you're going into and your ideal playstyle will still allow you to be somewhat flexible with your set choice which is much more than most MMO's can offer.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 29, 2021 6:39AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • cro25519
    cro25519
    ✭✭✭
    You won't be able to sustain it on body where it shines. In case of just one bar, it's not as amazing, and running all those mag abilities to drop your magicka low is a significant dps loss. That's a lot of gcd's.

So the penalty is dishing out low dps.

It's not that great on stam unfortunately.
    Edited by cro25519 on September 30, 2021 10:33PM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The set I am most excited about to run on my magsorc is Yandir.

Perfected Yandir's Might
    2 items: Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    3 items: Gain Minor Slayer at all times, increasing your damage done to Dungeon, Trial, and Arena Monsters by 5%.
    4 items: Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    5 items: (5 perfected items) Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration, Dealing Critical Damage grants you a stack of Giant's Endurance for 5 seconds, up to one every half second. Each stack of Giant's Endurance adds 41 Weapon and Spell Damage, and stacks up to 10 times.

Completing a fully-charged Heavy Attack removes Giant's Endurance and grants Giant's Might for 15 seconds, increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 63 per stack removed.

I'm running it on the body, so 5 medium, which means that pen stat is great. I get the singular, easy to meet condition of "at least 1 crit every 5 seconds" which gives me 410 spell damage. Then, when my destro or atro is ready, 1 heavy attack and i get a 630 spell damage burst.
    If i'm concerned about the crit damage cap the 10% crit damage from medium means I can swap out either minor force or fighting finesse.
    From an easy to understand numbers point of view, FF can be swapped for Untamed Aggression for 150 spell damage.

The only downside I can see to this set is possible sustain issues, which are either addressed by group support or by swapping out the scamp for bound armaments.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Kinra would be a lot easier to maintain the benefit of than Bahsei. I would expect more magicka builds to run that then Stamina Builds to run Bahsei.
    Playing since beta...