The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Next event (Blackwood one) when?

Hallothiel
Hallothiel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Someone has suggested 30th but that seems very late (for a September event) and goes into Q4.

Really wish would give us more notice as then can plan things, in game & real life.

Best Answer

• ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    facebook:

Save the Date! 📅
    Our next in-game event, Bounties of Blackwood, starts September 30. Stay tuned for more details coming on September 27!
    Answer ✓
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    my presumption is for 23 september...
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I don't have Blackwood it's a moot point for me. I have Summerset and Morrowind but didn't fancy forking out for another chapter when I've still not done all of the base game zones fully

When's the next base game event?
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    As I don't have Blackwood it's a moot point for me. I have Summerset and Morrowind but didn't fancy forking out for another chapter when I've still not done all of the base game zones fully

witches festival - should start somewhere between end of october - beginning of november, haven't keep attention if there will be something before it.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »

witches festival - should start somewhere between end of october - beginning of november, haven't keep attention if there will be something before it.

Thanks.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we just have a thread and discussion last event about giving more notice on these events? And yet here we are again, nearing the end of September without notice on when the September event begins...
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    at worst case it is moved to mach steam sale next week and there will be proper announcement...
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Someone has suggested 30th but that seems very late (for a September event) and goes into Q4.

Really wish would give us more notice as then can plan things, in game & real life.

I do agree. I don't know if they want to leave an aura of mystery to increase the appeal ...
    I think they should be more practical and allow us to organize our commitments more easily by communicating the calendar of events in advance

Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now have also heard what another posted - that is the 23rd. So, place your bets!

(Still would like more advance notice!)
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, at least a week's advance notice would be nice, so that I can start collecting reward coffers from Leyawiin and prepare crafting mats and so on...
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ESO Rocks thing is still going til the 27th, wouldn't be surprised if they wait til that's done. 30th would be my guess
    PS4 EU
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    The ESO Rocks thing is still going til the 27th, wouldn't be surprised if they wait til that's done. 30th would be my guess

But that is outside the game.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But that is outside the game.

It is, but they're still encouraging people to do stuff in game. Anyway, it's just my theory, they seem to have gone to a lot of effort with it, don't think theyd want to take attention away from it.
    PS4 EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is still going on? I can't see that disrupting anything in the game, if it is.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Summerset event was entirely in September.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54801

The Western Skyrim/Greymoor event was September 23 - October 5.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58773

The Elysweyr event was entirely in October.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/dragonrise
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone elee think it's too early for a Blackwood event? It's only been out two+ months.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone elee think it's too early for a Blackwood event? It's only been out two+ months.

My guess is that they didn't get the purchase strength they wanted....
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    It's from the 30th Sept - 4th October. According to what they said on Twitch somewhere. Why they can't just tell us is beyond me.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's from the 30th Sept - 4th October. According to what they said on Twitch somewhere. Why they can't just tell us is beyond me.

That's when the twitch drops campaign is. The event is not 4/5 days. Some people are speculating that means it starts the 30th, some say it means it will end the 5th (starting sept 23.)
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

It's the same time from release as all the yearly events from the past 3 years.

Edited by PeacefulAnarchy on September 21, 2021 4:04AM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Twitch drop on the 30th is most probably linked to the ESO Rocks video thing. Not sure about the other days.

They need to do another event in Q3 for the last mount bit, otherwise it slips into Q4, where there is already the Undaunted, Witches and New Life events planned. (And 5 things to get to make the house, which means either 5 events in Q4 or generous ticket drops)

I would just appreciate a decent heads up. Then those who run guilds can plan things in game & hopefully encourage newer members to join in & get them involved. And work whether its going to be worthwhile running their normal stuff if everyone is off chasing dragons. Rather than having to do things at the last minute.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to do another event in Q3 for the last mount bit, otherwise it slips into Q4, where there is already the Undaunted, Witches and New Life events planned. (And 5 things to get to make the house, which means either 5 events in Q4 or generous ticket drops)

The Undaunted event on PTS has the first 3 house parts so may be the same live
    PS4 EU
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

If they want me to buy it they'll need to drop the price by half at least.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭

The Undaunted event on PTS has the first 3 house parts so may be the same live

It's been said in pervious PTSs (?) that Bounties of Blackwood will contain the last fragment for the mount, so between that and the crown store showcase we can expect the event to happen this month, barring some last-minute problem. Then I believe the 7.1 PTS had the first two fragments for Doomchar Plateau drop during the Witches Fest, so the Undaunted will add another one, and New Life will probably have two as well, though we won't know for sure until later in this PTS cycle.
    PC NA
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where you can see Twitch drops for 30th? There is no info on https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/streamers
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see the Twitch campaigns if you go to your drops page on Twitch and then select your inventory or All Campaigns.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this next event when we'll be able to get the last part of the thing we need for that griffon mount?
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    Is this next event when we'll be able to get the last part of the thing we need for that griffon mount?

Yes
    PS4 EU
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where you can see Twitch drops for 30th? There is no info on https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/streamers

https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory
    J4fUFjp.png
    I wasn't able to see it until today, some people were able to see it last week, so you may or may not be able to see it.
    The Twitch drop on the 30th is most probably linked to the ESO Rocks video thing. Not sure about the other days.
    As you can see above, it's called Bounties of Blackwood
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want that last fragment piece to morph out that bird mount. And does that thing come in any other color then just grey-black? "Charcoal" ?
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's likely gonna strategically hit a little sooner than the 28th and last 10-14 days.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 days from the 30th? Wow. Bit rubbish. But do Twitch drops normally last the whole event? Don’t take much notice of them.

And whilst that says it is Blackwood, there is also this:

*During the upcoming Gates of Oblivion Year-End Stream (hosted via Twitch.tv/Bethesda on September 30), Trivium will premier a brand-new ESO-inspired music video!*

So which is it?!