The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heads up- No Vet overland in U32

• Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »
    What’s so wrong with players wanting a harder optional difficulty? Its crazy how some revel in the fact that others won’t get a fun optional mode they would enjoy.

If you want harder overland its easy.

- Craft and equip Lev 1 non set armor with no enchants, dont use buff food or potions. Then try Craglorn solo.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    What’s so wrong with players wanting a harder optional difficulty? Its crazy how some revel in the fact that others won’t get a fun optional mode they would enjoy.

- Craft and equip Lev 1 non set armor with no enchants, dont use buff food or potions. Then try Craglorn solo.

And with the new armory system you can even make an overland set with all of your cp turned off.

Instant difficulty increase!
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyreal1974 wrote: »
    Pretty sure there was never going to be an option for this. Want tougher overland wear weaker gear.

that is not the solution - u should get rewarded for playing harder content not punished

Sarannah wrote: »
    Good, vet overland should never happen!

[snip]

overland i can do with a lvl 3char without equip - EVERYTHING - even MOST worldbosses
    its to easy everyone can do it its just NO FUN and i want the game to BE FUN = make it harder maybe upgrade random gear drops from blue to purple would be enought for me to play it
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Barely anyone wants vet overland, which is why they changed Craglorn from that to how it is now, it was deserted for ages.

just wrong

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 20, 2021 3:26PM
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barely anyone wants vet overland, which is why they changed Craglorn from that to how it is now, it was deserted for ages.

just wrong

I'd like to see your data on this, if a majority actively wanted "vet" overland ZOS would know about it.

Which either means they are working on it OR they considered it and scrapped the idea.

Whatever may come in the future, this is Rich Lambert's current thinking on the subject:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BovineLovelyGrassTakeNRG-IGkmH8s1XHeD9P2u
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not hypocrite, in the past I also thought that overland should be slightly more challenging BUT... then i started to play more difficult content that ZOS designed for ESO in Vet & Hardmodes like Dungeons (also Solo), Trials and Arena, also with various challenges aaaand... I am good.

Overland simplicity doesn't bother me as much as previously, even when I am going through all old content towards 40k club with my main Orc Stamplar that soloed hardmoded bosses and can pass all arenas (maybe except BRP) with ease.

In fact, if you would look little closer you will find that world bosses in Blackwood, especially this warchief north of Zenithar Abbey are really good challenge. Bah, even public dungs could be too. Sure, i can solo all of them with my main, but other alts designed more for DD or PvP and equipped with various different combinations of equipment i am testing (yes, there is more to ESO than Rele or Siroria ^^ ) are still struggling to do it solo. Or my 300 CP main on second server that was trying to get lead for Pale Order from Wrotghar World Bosses... That was really good challenge, those damn poachers ^^

Soooo... take solo content easy, treat it as a refreshing break from DLC Vet HM Massacre ^^ maybe even enjoy testing different skills and equipment or like me, play extremely squishy builds (almost every dung or in cyro i hear - DO YOU HAVE FOOD BUFF, CAUSE YOUR HP IS BELOW 20K?!) and make your powerfantasy real ^^
    Edited by Ippokrates on September 20, 2021 12:00PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »

just wrong

Whatever may come in the future, this is Rich Lambert's current thinking on the subject:

He was also talking on another stream about how he would love to make another adventure zone like Craglorn was at the beginning but with some lessons learned, so it's kinda goes both ways.

We'll surely not get vet instances of same old zones but we could potentially ask for a specific zone type or just an area with some extra at the very least. Other's are asking for quest instances having difficulty slider for story to have some sense at the very least so people would and should push forward. If not there's always gonna be radio silence and thousands of unsatisfied customers.
    Edited by colossalvoids on September 20, 2021 12:03PM
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there was never going to be an option for this. Want tougher overland wear weaker gear.

that is not the solution - u should get rewarded for playing harder content not punished

[snip]

overland i can do with a lvl 3char without equip - EVERYTHING - even MOST worldbosses
    its to easy everyone can do it its just NO FUN and i want the game to BE FUN = make it harder maybe upgrade random gear drops from blue to purple would be enought for me to play it

just wrong

[snip]

just wrong

If you can kill most overland bosses with a level 3 character without gear, I wonder how difficult you would make it (mechanic wise etc.).

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 20, 2021 3:26PM
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »

I wonder if you aware that some people are already struggling for

just wrong

He was also talking on another stream about how he would love to make another adventure zone like Craglorn was at the beginning but with some lessons learned, so it's kinda goes both ways.

We'll surely not get vet instances of same old zones but we could potentially ask for a specific zone type or just an area with some extra at the very least. Other's are asking for quest instances having difficulty slider for story to have some sense at the very least so people would and should push forward. If not there's always gonna be radio silence and thousands of unsatisfied customers.

A adventure zone in the style of Old-Craglorn(presumably with a soloable main story) would make more sense than world tiers.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    new world open world feels much more like skyrim online than ESO... sadly... for TES universe

I thought New World reminded me more of BDO than anything else because of the way the faction wars and life/craft skills work. (except DBO has better quests and more of them right now.)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • matterandstuff
    matterandstuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is another one of those time-honoured regular forum topics that basically amounts to "hey ZOS, how about you set a huge ton of money on fire? how good an idea is that? I know, it's awesome, you'll totally do it, right? wait, you're really not going to do it? I don't believe it! outrageous!"

If they make vet overland, they know as well as everyone else that to make the people who wanted it happy it'll need better gear. Which makes it the meta. Which forces everyone to do that if they want to keep up, even though a pretty decent chunk of endgame players don't want to deal with that regularly unless they're specifically feeling like a challenge or feeling like having to get a group together.

If this were a game where the money was in super-hardcore MMO dudes, they'd do it. But it's not and never was in this game, and ZOS knows it, and making the game worse for a huge proportion of the subscription-paying player base is just a really, really obviously bad financial idea. It's never gonna happen.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    new world open world feels much more like skyrim online than ESO... sadly... for TES universe

I thought New World reminded me more of BDO than anything else because of the way the faction wars and life/craft skills work. (except DBO has better quests and more of them right now.)

Yea, New World feels nothing like TES5, the BDO comparison seems apt.

• KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meiox wrote: »

2options here
    1. u bad
    2. u dont understand

just wrong

2options here
    1. u bad
    2. u dont understand

just wrong

If you can kill most overland bosses with a level 3 character without gear, I wonder how difficult you would make it (mechanic wise etc.).

dont get me wrong i dont want it to be as hard as a raid in hm but more like craglorn is atm
    Edited by KhajiitLivesMatter on September 20, 2021 12:54PM
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭

just wrong

I'd like to see your data on this, if a majority actively wanted "vet" overland ZOS would know about it.

Which either means they are working on it OR they considered it and scrapped the idea.

i said just wrong to "barly anyone wants it" and i did not say everyone / a large majority wants it

and there is no good data just my personal experience - and my experience is that most people i ask want it to ( i am an endgame player so i mostly now people who are to)

and cadwels silver/gold was not optional like i would sugest a vet mode to be thats likly the reason many didnt like it
    Edited by KhajiitLivesMatter on September 20, 2021 12:59PM
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The statements that one can solo a World Boss at level three and that overland can be cleared by light attacks alone would require some proof. How about some videos to back these up?
  • Commander_Kjlp
    [snip]

"Craglorn was changed because it was hoord".. half a decade ago??? Completely different game, solo arenas are a thing now, solo normal and vet dungeons are a thing... complete nonsense argument.

Infact, no valid argument against this was ever made (mah twice nodes - dont have to be nodes on vet instance, wooow). If they dont provide harder overland content and majority of these new areas contents (QUESTING) then they cannot realease another paid expansion like this. Its dead content for high CPs - which is vast majority of this game at this point. Dead boring content with no rewards, no challenge, another story of world is gonna end while the power level shows exactly the oppposite on every encounter. [snip] Nobody is playing new expansion but high CPs but the content is not for them, brilliant! [snip] Another dead expansion (two infact) like this cannot be released then.

[edited for baiting & bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 20, 2021 1:34PM
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, you want vet overland. That's fine, not sure how it will be paid for as Zos can't monetize it but that's not my issue.

My issue is how hard is vet overland? People say they want it challenging but never say how hard that is. What would be challenging for player A is different to that for players B, C & D. In fact player D plays to such a ridiculous standard that to make it challenging for them means 95% of players can't even consider it.

But equally making it challenging enough for player B is still nowhere near challenging enough for D. So do we have vet overland, vet hard mode overland and uber hard overland?

And what happens when uber hard is actually no longer considered challenging enough? More new levels of challenge lumped on top? Where does it stop? Zos will end up spending all their time on creating level after level of difficulty just to keep the top players challenged..

So how can Zos win with a vet overland? All that will happen is there will be two camps - the vet overland is too hard group and the vet overland isn't hard enough group. No one will be happy
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think it's that, as much as a negative reaction to the fact that it gets requested repeatedly when the answer is already known. It just clutters the forum.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »

I don't think it's that, as much as a negative reaction to the fact that it gets requested repeatedly when the answer is already known. It just clutters the forum.

Very much this, the ESO forums take 'beating a dead horse' to a whole new level.

• Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    OK, you want vet overland. That's fine, not sure how it will be paid for as Zos can't monetize it but that's not my issue.

My issue is how hard is vet overland? People say they want it challenging but never say how hard that is. What would be challenging for player A is different to that for players B, C & D. In fact player D plays to such a ridiculous standard that to make it challenging for them means 95% of players can't even consider it.

But equally making it challenging enough for player B is still nowhere near challenging enough for D. So do we have vet overland, vet hard mode overland and uber hard overland?

And what happens when uber hard is actually no longer considered challenging enough? More new levels of challenge lumped on top? Where does it stop? Zos will end up spending all their time on creating level after level of difficulty just to keep the top players challenged..

So how can Zos win with a vet overland? All that will happen is there will be two camps - the vet overland is too hard group and the vet overland isn't hard enough group. No one will be happy

But nobody complains about the difficulty in dungeons or trials. People just agree with their complexity, even if it's pretty easy for them. And a lot of people disagree with how the overland is built.Ludicrous simplicity, lack of awards and any interesting tasks cause rejection. It is not at all necessary to fine-tune for each player. It's enough that players just take the difficulty for granted. It's just ridiculous now.
    My personal opinion is that overland complexity as a normal dlc dungeon was more fun.
    Edited by Parasaurolophus on September 20, 2021 1:54PM
    PC/EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for linking this. It's nice to hear ZoS's view on the subject.
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to stumble upon an old thread dating back to over a year before I'd even started to play ESO, and was amazed to see that this exact same conversation was going on way back then, with all the same points and counterpoints, suggestions and rebuttals, etc.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Make Tamriel as a whole PvPvE

This would be the day I quit the game entirely.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and cadwels silver/gold was not optional like i would sugest a vet mode to be thats likly the reason many didnt like it

The reason many didn't like it was because it was a struggle to do even the simplest things and was not fun. Making it optional isn't going to make players want to struggle now any more than they did back then. Very few would be using a vet mode.

And as Rich said, we already had it, no one did it and everyone hated it, so we put the challenges into solo arenas, dungeons and trials.
    PCNA
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...and cadwels silver/gold was not optional like i would sugest a vet mode to be thats likly the reason many didnt like it

The reason many didn't like it was because it was a struggle to do even the simplest things and was not fun. Making it optional isn't going to make players want to struggle now any more than they did back then. Very few would be using a vet mode.

And as Rich said, we already had it, no one did it and everyone hated it, so we put the challenges into solo arenas, dungeons and trials.

so that would mean that everyone would hate arenas dungoens and trials and obviously thats not the case - and i hope u know to that there is a pretty large amount of polayers playing excatly that content - there is no reason why this players wouldnt like vet overworld - and no one says it should be as hard as u describe it just as hard as craglorn would be a comfortable solution i think
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    The statements that one can solo a World Boss at level three and that overland can be cleared by light attacks alone would require some proof. How about some videos to back these up?

will try to upload / record something
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want the overland boss fights to be harder. Veteran overland is asking a bit too much, especially from this community that seems to absolutely hate the idea.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭

2options here
    1. u bad
    2. u dont understand

just wrong

Post vids of you performing these tasks or these Herculean feats did not happen. Also what rewards are you looking for playing harder content? If your reward is more powerful gear, then would not that make your character more powerful causing the harder content to become more easy? Perhaps this just is not the game for you because eventually you will always get to a level/gear cap in games like these where you game character has been everywhere, done everything, acquired the best gear, and beaten every enemy.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its hilarious when bad players respond so vehemently to players who want progression, a majority of people want progression in any game and eso has none. you can kill any mob with 2 light attacks at lvl 1 or 50 and in every zone.

This comment made me curious. I don't have a free slot, so I couldn't make a lv1 char (ooh, I could switch to EU, but...)

I took three of my characters (while doing Endeavors this morning), teleported to my Coven Cottage in Glenumbra, and proceeded to Light Attack some crocodiles.

All are lv50/160+
    dual-sword Magplar took ~7 attacks
    bow Stamblade took 7-9
    bow Stamden took 5-7 (with bear & Defiler procs)

So, yeah.

edit: the Magplar kills most overland/delve mobs with 2 applications of Jabs

----
    Meanwhile -

can someone tell me any MMO whose overland would 'challenge' someone who claims to be this good?

Heck, how about any MMO whose overland would challenge a skilled endgame player with dungeon and/or raid gear?

Because I remember the WoW expansions back when I played, and how the new-level-cap overland & questing had to be balanced for 'regular' players, so the endgame Vet Dungeon/Raid guys just plowed through it with their 200-ilevel-higher gear until they hit the new endgame, and could finally start getting some gear upgrades.

Ok, sure - WoW had those 40-man-raid World Bosses. I'm sure those would challenge any solo player. :D
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on September 20, 2021 4:13PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so that would mean that everyone would hate arenas dungoens and trials and obviously thats not the case - and i hope u know to that there is a pretty large amount of polayers playing excatly that content - there is no reason why this players wouldnt like vet overworld - and no one says it should be as hard as u describe it just as hard as craglorn would be a comfortable solution i think

Not wanting to struggle all the time while trying to quest and enjoy the story doesn't mean a player never wants more of a challenge. When they do they know where to go.
    Edited by SilverBride on September 20, 2021 4:14PM
    PCNA
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »

will try to upload / record something

its uploading - its laggy [snip] dont know why but ull see i killed a worldboss with a lvl 4 char ( lvld up from 3-4 while receiving xp for waytone etc but didnbt use anything of it)

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 21, 2021 10:38AM