The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Heads up- No Vet overland in U32

Ergele
Ergele
✭✭✭
Tiny heads up so you won't have to dig into stream
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there was never going to be an option for this. Want tougher overland wear weaker gear.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good, vet overland should never happen!
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides, there will be the super harder-than-world-bosses new roaming bosses that bring one of the Imperial City features to the new DLC.
    Edited by joerginger on September 17, 2021 10:17PM
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool but never see it happening
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would there be? It wouldn't be good for the game in any way at all.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And it a good thing
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I'd like it Rich already said it's a firm no, difficulty only for instanced group and solo content, nothing more.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barely anyone wants vet overland, which is why they changed Craglorn from that to how it is now, it was deserted for ages.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    new world open world feels much more like skyrim online than ESO... sadly... for TES universe
  • hcbigdogdoghc
    hcbigdogdoghc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People for some reason don't want harder overland is precisely the reason why the floor is so low
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a shame. Another zone like Craglorn is now, with harder (but still entirely soloable) delves would have been great. I really enjoyed rediscovering the area during the recent event and having mildly challenging delves /instances areas which I mainly soloed on my healer. Certainly beats the rest of the stupidly simple overland that's elsewhere.
    Edited by Ishtarknows on September 17, 2021 10:39PM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make Tamriel as a whole PvPvE

That will definitely keep people who think that overland needs some more thrill satisfied no?

I mean gankers/bombers roaming around popular spots like harrowstorms in The Reach, dragons In S.Elsweyr etc, zergs sweeping through public dungeons, 1vX at desirable chest spawns, being stalked while doing surveys, that will keep adrenaline flowing.

Will also force many people out of their comfort zone for sure which is something I see often yearned for in these threads.

I reckon it ticks all the boxes and the framework already exists...
    /s

EDIT: It would seem that this is not as obvious as I thought so I have added the required flag to the post.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on September 18, 2021 12:43AM
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its hilarious when bad players respond so vehemently to players who want progression, a majority of people want progression in any game and eso has none. you can kill any mob with 2 light attacks at lvl 1 or 50 and in every zone. Its sad we need to even ask for a vet mode of the game, difficulty should be going up every dlc
  • Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    Was anyone actually expecting this?? Pretty sure they said no to this a long time ago...
  • Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    new world open world feels much more like skyrim online than ESO... sadly... for TES universe

That's because New World also has really crappy combat...
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People be wistfully thinking of vet overland.
    scene-stealing-dancing-dog.gif
    Me thinking of the roaming executioner bosses coming.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been there done that, it didn't work that's why Tamriel Unlimited happened.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s so wrong with players wanting a harder optional difficulty? Its crazy how some revel in the fact that others won’t get a fun optional mode they would enjoy.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People for some reason don't want harder overland is precisely the reason why the floor is so low

People that do overland content and have difficulties aren't the type of players to do content in which the "Ceiling and floor" are even part of the equation.

Leave difficulty for Overland bosses similar to dragons so we can after two months of the DLC being abandoned be greeted with posts about nerfing overland content because its too difficult to solo.

I would be super down for Veteran Delves/public dungeons though. That kinda fits better than overland.
    Edited by karekiz on September 17, 2021 11:23PM
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I would say that they could implement some "harder" overland content but they should do it through "mechanics" of mobs, not increasing their statistics. I mean... you remember wolfs or boars from Witcher 3? They were not high lvl mobs but due to their special attacks they also could be a challenge ;)
    Edited by Ippokrates on September 18, 2021 10:41PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't that we don't want it. It is that vet overland is a bad idea and not a good way to get there.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ergele wrote: »
    Tiny heads up so you won't have to dig into stream

Go figure. A thing very few people actually want and something that was in no way teased, wasn't announced...
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    its hilarious when bad players respond so vehemently to players who want progression, a majority of people want progression in any game and eso has none. you can kill any mob with 2 light attacks at lvl 1 or 50 and in every zone. Its sad we need to even ask for a vet mode of the game, difficulty should be going up every dlc

Part of progression is leveling up, learning new/stronger skills, and getting new/stronger gear that allows a person to more easily kill enemies. Of course there will come a time that, as a player progresses, that enemies become easier to defeat. Eventually all games will have a point where enemies become easy to a player; that is the nature of games where characters level up. If you want a harder overland experience try using non-upgraded craft sets.
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

That will definitely keep people who think that overland needs some more thrill satisfied no?

I mean gankers/bombers roaming around popular spots like harrowstorms in The Reach, dragons In S.Elsweyr etc, zergs sweeping through public dungeons, 1vX at desirable chest spawns, being stalked while doing surveys, that will keep adrenaline flowing.

Will also force many people out of their comfort zone for sure which is something I see often yearned for in these threads.

Worst. Idea. Ever.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Where were all those people when Craglorn was buffed? That's correct, all stood in Mournhold spamming AoE's. These forums aren't indicative of the player base at all. That's been proven many times over. Dungeons getting nerf'd because next to no one ventured into them, Craglorn empty other than folk farming and standing in the main hub looking for pug groups. No one did anything in craglorn. So why would it work in, say, Shadowfen, The Rift etc after a month or 3? It wouldn't. They too would be even more barren than they currently are.

I remember doing gold. Those zones were dead. I left the game because if i was wanting a single player experience, there were vastly superior games out there. I and many others enjoy seeing others out and about. Take that away and you're left with large barren zones. Would i like more of a challenge? Maybe and probably, but I fully understand why the game is how it is.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on September 18, 2021 12:14AM
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember doing gold. Those zones were dead. I left the game because if i was wanting a single player experience, there were vastly superior games out there. I and many others enjoy seeing others out and about. Take that away and you're left with large barren zones. Would i like more of a challenge? Maybe and probably, but I fully understand why the game is how it is.
    Are the rest of the zones dead? Any zone dies through to the next dlc.
    PC/EU
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say this as if there was ever any hint there would be. If and when you hear the developers talk about it doing it, that would be the time to check. It being a topic flavor of the day for a little bit on the forums has never meant that the next patch will have whatever it is we were discussing.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 18, 2021 12:29AM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Worst. Idea. Ever.

It was firmly tongue-in-cheek.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It ticks none of the bosses because people aren't asking for random difficulty, they are asking for harder PvE challenges.