The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rushing Agony & Streak

Ippokrates
Ippokrates
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone succesfully tested Rushing Agony with Streak? I got it few times, but have no idea what trigger the proc - distance or angle... ^^
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak won't work with rush of agony, as the streak stuns, causing cc immunity for the RoA pull. You would need stampede or some such to gap close then streak to stun the pulled players.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    Streak won't work with rush of agony, as the streak stuns, causing cc immunity for the RoA pull. You would need stampede or some such to gap close then streak to stun the pulled players.

Pull not, but damage was released.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an interesting combo to look at, but unfortunately, I don't think it would work nearly as well as it may seem on paper.

The biggest issue is, it procs off of the first player to take damage from the ability. So, if you are streaking into a tightly packed group, then yes, this would be pretty solid, as all nearby players would be stunned by streak and then damaged by the proc.

But in a real situation, likely you are streaking through a line of players. Let's say you are fighting 4 players and you managed to spread them out a bit, you turn to streak through them to proc the set and stun. Well, likely you damage the closest player to you with Streak and stun them and proc Rush. You stun the second player with streak and the 3rd and 4th player. But the 3rd and 4th player are at the end of your 15 meter streak range, so they don't get pulled and they don't even take the damage.

This would really be worse in a more realistic scenario, where you want to proc the set on a group of 10 on a flag, but when you streak you immediately damage the guard or a random enemy player right next to you, so the set procs on 1 player or NPC and no one is around within the 7 meters to get pulled in. And you land at your destination amongst 10 players who get stunned but take no damage from the proc.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    It's an interesting combo to look at, but unfortunately, I don't think it would work nearly as well as it may seem on paper.

The biggest issue is, it procs off of the first player to take damage from the ability. So, if you are streaking into a tightly packed group, then yes, this would be pretty solid, as all nearby players would be stunned by streak and then damaged by the proc.

But in a real situation, likely you are streaking through a line of players. Let's say you are fighting 4 players and you managed to spread them out a bit, you turn to streak through them to proc the set and stun. Well, likely you damage the closest player to you with Streak and stun them and proc Rush. You stun the second player with streak and the 3rd and 4th player. But the 3rd and 4th player are at the end of your 15 meter streak range, so they don't get pulled and they don't even take the damage.

This would really be worse in a more realistic scenario, where you want to proc the set on a group of 10 on a flag, but when you streak you immediately damage the guard or a random enemy player right next to you, so the set procs on 1 player or NPC and no one is around within the 7 meters to get pulled in. And you land at your destination amongst 10 players who get stunned but take no damage from the proc.

Well, it would be nice to streak through a ballgroup ;) but you are probably right ;)

Also thought about combining it with Thunder Caller - well, it could surely work for grinding, but not so much for thougher content.
  • agentflizzo
    agentflizzo
    ✭✭
    I don't seem to be able to get rushing agony to proc from streak at all.
    Anyone else tried it?
    I'm using Foundry Tactical Combat to look at each instance of damage and nothing is popping up for Agony.
    And of course I don't see any animation either.
    Whereas dark convergence is totally obvious.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else tried it?
    I'm using Foundry Tactical Combat to look at each instance of damage and nothing is popping up for Agony.

Answer is in the second post of this thread.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Aznox wrote: »
    Anyone else tried it?

Yes, the pull part, not the red glow & dmg.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    [
    Anyone else tried it?

Is the damage proc tied to the pull or are they independent of each other? As far as I understand the second post the damage requires the pull, so no dmg proc from cc immune targets. But I haven't tested it.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 1, 2021 8:12AM
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Anyone else tried it?

Is the damage proc tied to the pull or are they independent of each other? As far as I understand the second post the damage requires the pull, so no dmg proc from cc immune targets. But I haven't tested it.

No, I just turned into red and then the quasiring exploded - but because of no pull, many targets were beyond that circle.
    Edited by Ippokrates on September 1, 2021 12:02PM
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Anyone else tried it?

The dmg proc part works with streak, even if the target is CC immune, but the red glow and animation doesn't always shows.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Anyone else tried it?

The dmg proc part works with streak, even if the target is CC immune, but the red glow and animation doesn't always shows.

And dmg?
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Anyone else tried it?

And dmg?

Yes, sometimes you see no glow and no explosion animation but the dmg works.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Anyone else tried it?

And dmg?

Yes, sometimes you see no glow and no explosion animation but the dmg works.

Thanks, must check it!