The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

birds singing following the character

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
In many zones of the game, since recently, now there's a lot of sounds from birds singing that follows the character everywhere. Even in zones where you can't see any bird you can hear it. And it is exactly the same sound loop in Gold Coast, Elsweyr and many other zones with some trees. It gets very annoying because you can't move away from it, you move but the sound remains in the same place. For example, if it feels that the sound comes from a tree that you can see, it doesn't matter how far away you move, the bird singing remains the same level and doesn't go away.

I've been trying to fix it by verifying the game files and through the settings but nothing seems to solve it. I notice that if I disable the ambience volume the annoying birds singing disappear but, unfortunately, it also removes all the other ambience sound.

So... is there any other way to set the birds sound to be dynamic (more natural) or just disappear without removing all the ambience sound?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed that even in the deserted zones and next to volcanic zones like in Stonefalls, with no trees at all, I still can hear loudly (over every other sounds) the same birds singing loop that is infesting all places in the game now, and it follows my character everywhere.

Unfortunately I suffer from hyperacusis and this bug is ruining the game for me. Obviously I already disabled all the ambience sound, but it feels uninteresting, and it doesn't motivate to play the game. I really don't understand what's happening to the sound effects of the game. I've been playing this since beta and I don't remember to ever hear this extremely annoying sound bug before.

It seems to be just a few sound loops of birds singing repeated everywhere in the game. It would be great if I could just delete those sound files.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else noticed this annoying bug? Can it be a problem in my installation?
  • Vonsaberhagen
    Vonsaberhagen
    ✭✭
    I noticed it on PS4 NA in Northern Elsweyr today.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed it on PS4 NA in Northern Elsweyr today.

That's good to know. I'm on PC. So it might be a general problem. If it is intentional it'll be a huge problem for me. :(
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is not a bug, then it is by far the worst sound design ever done for a game, it's really annoying and pathetic. I just turned on the ambience sound on Leyawiin and I can hear lots, lots and lots of birds very loud, over all other sounds, even with it set to 20. and like on the other places there's no way to run from it, the sound follows everywhere and we can't even see any bird around.

I really need help fixing this. Anyone knows if there's a way to delete specific sound files?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to fix this sound problem that I have in the game, trying to find a way to be able to play again.

I assumed that this was only a problem at my end and completely delete all game files and fully downloaded it again during this week. But the problem remains. I just tried a zone in Blackwoods where there was some extreme ambience noise from birds singing. I moved my too across most of the terrain and the noise of the same bird singing followed me everywhere even on battles. This is really weird, and unfortunately a game killer for me.

Again I tried to disable those sounds, but to remove the bugged sound effects of birds singing continuously, I also lose all the ambience sound in the game. I've been playing this since beta and I'm sure that this is a recent bug. Any ideas?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have noticed the bird sounds now but they don’t seem as bad on my platform/server.

Also there are some zones where the crickets are chirping really loud at night for me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't noticed an issue myself but @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE - Anyone who can help em out?
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D