The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unfix the interaction as a werewolf with the crow assistants

Clyde_BlueSnake
Clyde_BlueSnake
✭✭✭
-"Fixed an issue where you could use the crow assistants while in werewolf form, causing an animation error."

Even it was an "animation error" I like to pretend they perching on my werewolves arm/shoulder while doing a quick deposit or sell, but no y'all have to ruin that by disabling the interaction with them as a werewolf. Instead y'all could ignore those who complained, they had other assistants to use as alternatives as Ezabi & such to ignore the animation error. I (& probably others) didn't mind it.

I'm not only speaking on behalf of myself, but also consideration of players that got werewolf characters & the only banker & merchant assistants they got were the crow ones. Now if their character inventory suddenly gets full, as a werewolf, in the middle of the wilderness or in a delve, dungeon, or arena, now they can't do a quick deposit of something valuable or sell junk for gold to make inventory space to pick up a certain weapon or armor that's part of a set they been looking for to fill in their sticker book because y'all disable the interaction with the crows.

But hey, I get it, y'all prefer werewolf players to waste more crowns on assistants they didn't had intentions on buying in the first place.

Old quote I heard before: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on August 29, 2021 3:25AM
Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
, Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be addressed. I can use other assistant (Pirharri the Smuggler) while in WW form. So why those are restricted ? Animation glitch should not be the reason. Just fix the animation and make the crows to hover in the air or land on the ground while player is in WW form. Somehow I can interact with them in houses while in WW form. Why I can not all of the sudden do it outside of houses ? It does not make any sense. Not even from a lore / consistency / logic standpoint.

After cat assistants (not in my type) I knew that there will be other bankers & merchants. Those 2 crows were exactly it, so I bought them... but I also do play a lot as a Werewolf... so now I kinda feel scammed / cheated :|
    Those are the only banker / merchant assistant I have... :/

Just bring it back as it was (for now) and make proper animation later. No one complained about it, so why change it ? Animation clipping should not be the reason to limit functionality of a premium feature that people have paid for.

Also, this can be a important lesson for the future when designing newer assistants. Because it looks like someone simply forgot / did not thought that we have playable Werewolves in ESO that have different animation set...

@ZOS_Kevin
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why the unprintable heck would you "fix" something by making it NOT USABLE??!!??
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Why the unprintable heck would you "fix" something by making it NOT USABLE??!!??
    But hey, I get it, y'all prefer werewolf players to waste more crowns on assistants they didn't had intentions on buying in the first place.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯